{'en': 'Diabetes and unemployment', 'es': 'Diabetes y el paro'} Image

Diabetes and unemployment

JoseCalzada's profile photo   03/07/2017 7:01 p.m.

Hello good to all, I am a person at risk of social exclusion, I have not managed to find work and my savings are ending, having no family to turn to, I see myself in a month living in the street, and here comes my question.

What will I do to prick if I can't buy insulin?

And so with everything, meters, strips etc ...

JoseCalzada's profile photo
JoseCalzada
03/07/2017 7:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you are unemployed, it is not free?The strips I think they depend on the community, but if you talk to the nurse and expose your case ...

Have you looked if they can give you a social insertion income or something?Tell them that you need to have a fridge to save insulin, food, things for hypos ...

Of course it should still be harder to be type1 diabetic without floor, or money.In your case I would go to the Autonomous Community where you give you the most.In the Basque Country they say they give enough.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/08/2017 3:19 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am very sorry for your situation.Have you gained unemployment before?You could ask in the SEPE if you have the right to any subsidy, I suppose you will have done it, but well, it is my suggestion.Another option is to see if you have an option to collect any social salary.Do you have any degree of disability recognized?It would be interesting to see if in your case you can contemplate that option.

I think that another temporary option could even ask in faces or some NGOs, because also any other option of the above will take a bit to process and resolve if you have the right.In addition, if you have a rented or property, it occurs that you could try to rent the rooms or yourself go to temporarily share a house until your situation improves.

I feel fatal, I can't think of anything more than being able to tell you, it is what I think of for now.Much encouragement and I hope you find work soon.If I inform myself of any more option I will tell you.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/08/2017 8:50 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
I am very sorry for your situation.Have you gained unemployment before?You could ask in the SEPE if you have the right to any subsidy, I suppose you will have done it, but well, it is my suggestion.Another option is to see if you have an option to collect any social salary.Do you have any degree of disability recognized?It would be interesting to see if in your case you can contemplate that option.

I think that another temporary option could even ask in faces or some NGOs, because also any other option of the above will take a bit to process and resolve if you have the right.In addition, if you have a rented or property, it occurs that you could try to rent the rooms or yourself go to temporarily share a house until your situation improves.

I feel fatal, I can't think of anything more than being able to tell you, it is what I think of for now.Much encouragement and I hope you find work soon.If I inform myself of any more option I will tell you.

They don't give me any more, but I don't think of faces or anything like that thanks for the idea.I have none disability, since diabetes is a chronic disease but not recognized as a disability (very fair all that), for now my hope is to go to click to the hospital, although the issue of not being able to follow the diet scares me a lot, I havePanico that after 20 years as a well -controlled diabetic (from the age of 7) complications arise and end up in a coma, losing vision or suffering some amputation.

JoseCalzada
03/08/2017 11:24 a.m.

In this country, as a diabetic you feel desperate and marginalized ...

JoseCalzada
03/08/2017 11:25 a.m.

This country, although we do not believe it, is one of the ones that facilitates things;In others, medicine comes only to those who can pay it.But of course, that is not comfort when someone needs help ... On the other hand, diabetes is one of many chronic diseases not understood, as well as not known.Many people suffer discrimination against many things and, of course, Dad State does not contribute too many funds for basic needs.

In addition to the idea that @"nila" has given you, I would go directly to the administration of social services of your people or city and raise the subject in a raw way, which is what it is: you need food+insulin+survive strips.Perhaps you can ask your doctor for a very clear report of what the disease is and what would not be treated to be attended, to present it in those administrative-burocratic instances that take so many laps to help people.

Much encouragement, surely you get support, surely yes;If there is any motivation to live, we must think that we can cross obstacles.I wish you the best, @"Josecalzada"

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
03/08/2017 12:04 p.m.

But after unemployment you can have other aid.

I know which social services has the regional administration, the premises and you can even ask in the Diputación.Look if you are suitable to opt for the minimum solidarity income I think is called, at least in Andalusia.

Going with a medical report to social services, also asking the problem with the doctor, is that they cannot leave you without adequate treatment and strips.I guess the issue food on that side will be more complicated, but maybe you get some rental help.

I wish you to find work soon that this would solve your problem.As for this, if you want to tell us what your profession is and where you are maybe we know someone who advises you.Autonomous employment services also have work counselors and premises as well.Also associations and NGOs.I would also ask in the Red Cross, now that it occurs to me, that they have some employability programs, I think.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/08/2017 12:34 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Even in jail they facilitate strips and insulin to people with diabetes, because they are at risk of social exclusion or in unemployment you will not have problems even if the bureaucracy is very slow.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/08/2017 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.