{'en': 'Puncts in the abdomen, does insulin lose efficiency by fat?', 'es': 'Pinchazos en el abdomen, ¿la insulina pierde eficiencia por la grasa?'} Image

Puncts in the abdomen, does insulin lose efficiency by fat?

Luiggi 11's profile photo   03/13/2017 8:58 p.m.

Well, I have an important doubt about the subject ...

In the nursing they explained to me that the novorapid was injected into the abdomen and the toujeo into my thighs.

As I am a rookie on the subject of insulin, I release this question that has something worried.

I have read that, if you have enough fat in the abdomen, possibly insulin does not transfer all fatty tissue and in that way, efficiency is lost in your work of lowering glucose.

Do you think that really influences so much?

Because I have a little overweight and it is precisely in that area where more accumulation.

Is any of you overweight and click on that area normally ????

Thanks in advance!

Luiggi 11's profile photo
Luiggi 11
03/13/2017 8:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The fast you can click on abdomen or arms, you see where you are doing better.The slow one in legs or buttock.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2017 12:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You can put them, both quickly and slowly, in abdomen, thigh, leg or arm.In the buttocks it is more slowly absorbed and where faster in the abdomen.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/14/2017 10:19 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers ...... Being a rookie with the insulins I try to collect all possible information to control myself well because the last results were quite disastrous !!!!!

Luiggi 11
03/14/2017 1:45 p.m.

I have a bargain and I don't see that you affect it.And before I had even more belly and the same.Moreover, it seems more comfortable because there more meat to click and how it costs me less.In the arms and legs that I have more thin bothers me more ... but it acts the same in terms of ratio.That yes, legs acts very slowly.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
03/14/2017 1:53 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

The same thing happens to me, Miexron ..... I have a belly and for me it is the most comfortable place to prick, apart from being the recommended in the nursing for the novorapid because it is the place where it is absorbed faster ... butReading on an Internet page (now I do not remember exactly which one), an information appeared that said more or less than people with a lot of abdominal fat possibly part of the injected insulin is lost in the fatty tissue and thus the injection loses efficiency!!!!

Luiggi 11
03/14/2017 2 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.