Continuous meters through public health What can we do?

FernandoGR's profile photo   03/08/2017 6:35 p.m.

Good, I want to share with you this concern that I have about continuous meters through public health here in Catalonia, although it is obviously extensible to the rest of Spain.

A few months ago I went to the endocrine, and asked about free freestyle and other continuous measurement systems.He told me textually that if we wanted to enter through public spending we had to "fight it", that doctors cannot do anything.After the visit I acquired my free freeyle start kit.Seeing that it is indeed, it is a good tool (and I don't even imagine those who use the DEXCOM with automatic alerts) I contacted the Association of Diabetics of Catalonia, mostly because being standing as I am, I will pay every month 125euros is something that I can barely maintain, and I wanted to know if there was some kind of help or subsidy to try to save the expenses a bit.They answered that there is an entrance petition for the Generalitat (which I signed already in its day) and that little more can be done.

Yesterday, after wearing it 3 months without any problem, my endo confirms that I have notably lowered the glycosylated hemoglobin mean, to which I obviously told you thanks to all the information I get from the patch.As the other time tells me that, or we are the ones who fight for this or nothing.

So, after all this roll my question is: What can we do?Because I don't know well what our options are, but of course it hurts me a lot to have to spend the money to be relatively well when it should be something subsidized.Does anyone know anything else about it?Do we need to express ourselves to claim that continuous meters include us?I don't know the answer.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
03/08/2017 6:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have the same doubt.The pharmaceutical one who came to often told me that continuous meters are cheaper for the government, but that it does not "interest."Nor do I know where to start but I would like to do something.It is clear that it is something that has many benefits for us, and in my case it is something that I cannot afford.

CSG's profile photo
CSG
03/08/2017 8:56 p.m.

I do not interest it in that I have also heard it and that the reactive strips are more expensive than the patches so I don't understand what happens.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/08/2017 11:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I think that to subsidize it, it has to be a reliable system, such as Dexcom.It cannot be a non -reliable one in all sensors.
And the company itself is the one who has to fight it. I don't know why the Dexcom has no interest in Spain, in Germany it is subsidized.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2017 1:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They have also told me that they do not subsidize it because it does not interest and that the spending on strips would be saved considerably.
The same can be opened a request for signatures by Change.org and see those collected.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
03/09/2017 8:30 a.m.

As far as I know, the request for signatures was carried out, from Change.org and from the Catalunya Diabetics Association itself as well.I sincerely believe that these types of requests are passed through their intimate parts.Something tells me that we could be more aggressive.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
03/09/2017 9:49 a.m.

regina said:
I think that to subsidize it it has to be a reliable system, such as the Dexcom.It cannot be one. Not reliable in all sensors.
And the company itself is the one who has to fight it. I don't know why the Dexcom has no interest in Spain, in Germany it is subsidized.

The dexcom reliable I am not so clear, since I know people who talk about their measures and also go more than 40 or 50 to the capillary extent.Simply, it seems to me that more studies of continuous meters are needed to see within what reliability ranges they move.
The fact that companies have to fight it is relative: companies will fight what interest them, and this is economic interests.

In a capitalist, competitive system and in which there are more and more diseases that overflow us, because the hyperstimulation and stress to which we are subjected daily lead us to reach our bodily limits (because the mind has none, but we are body, and the body has them), we can do little people on foot to ask Papa to help us.But well, how little we can or be in our hands, go ahead if we consider it to be fair (look, a painted comes to mind that I saw the other day on a wall ... I hang it) or what we have to do.

If something interests you, move towards it, within the paths you can, do not wait for others to do it for you.That is what I think.
Another thing is that what people on foot can fight in these matters is on very restricted roads and with little rapid impact in general.But if we all made the little we can, little by little it would have an impact;Complaining and staying with crossed arms does not work.

There are people who can write (all of us in this forum Podemos) Why do each person who has one of these improvement ideas do not write it and send it where people with any responsibility can read it?(complaining to the doctor, who has to be coupled to the same bureaucratic system does not work).For example: talk to the coordination of the Health Center (the other day I did it and I see that they have made a meeting that implied some small change; that is, my doubts-stations at least discussed them);Another example: a brief aimed at the coordination of the health center (which is the one who deals with distributing the material, so the coordinator of my center told me) and a copy for the Department of Health, which is the one that decides inWhat their budgets spend (the health centers do not decide, it comes from above).It can be done at the individual level or those that are in associations, raise it at a meeting of the association and that it makes the writing, since the thrusts of the associations seem to have more strength.Are your ass clean with our writings?It is possible, but if many people insist, they may begin to listen.

There are also "normal and currents" people who are doing research-bucket-dimensioning work on the disease;It is another option.
Other options?Perhaps some association with good contacts with some mediers company and from there the thing is moved at the political-administrative level.

Others?Move people with a good coordination job to make a long campaign that can include writings, manifestations, etc.

The signatures online ... Well, sometimes I have signed things, but I am not sure of the scope, because there are many things that escape our hands ...

There are for all tastes.Each who moves where they give their personal characteristics, capacities, contacts, interests, emotions, etc.

It is all very slow and impatient us when we need something;And although we ask there is not for everyone (because although we create the only sore, there are people whoIt happens very badly with other diseases less treated yet, and that just because of a restricted topic and space-time: diseases in our culture) and that we have no other than to handle the best we can with what we have, and continue learning fromour body and with it and in the environment, and take advantage of the opportunities we have or ask for help when we need it.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
03/09/2017 10:09 a.m.

Last year I met a freestyle distributor and told me that they were reaching an agreement with Social Security, at least in Andalusia, but that they did not have to supply people almost, as if to supply an autonomous community.So I painted for long, I don't know how the subject follows or if smoke sold me.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
03/09/2017 10:26 a.m.

@imara, of the 3 continuous measurement systems, well the free is the flash system not continues;It seems that the Dexcom is the most reliable and is the issue of alarms that the free does not have

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/09/2017 11:38 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Fátimagv said:
They have also told me not to subsidize it because it does not interest and that the spending in strips would be saved considerably.
The same can be opened a request for signatures by Change.org and see those collected.

A long time ago, I request the free subsidy of the free but how I do not have Facebook and ignore how the Change.org system does not obtain virtually any firm

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
03/12/2017 1:20 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Link

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
03/12/2017 1:24 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.