{'en': 'Not success with Levemir insulin', 'es': 'No acierto con la insulina Levemir'} Image

Not success with Levemir insulin

moñiño's profile photo   02/22/2018 8:26 p.m.

regina said:
just one thing, in case it helps .. I, the only way to adjust my daughter, was modifying one in one unit.And on average on average, when I was a child.Changing a single insulin.And I waited two days to modify another, if necessary.I always gave me a good result to do so, little by little.

I have also tried so since in fact it was what the endocrine told me, but I observe that it affects me or not to lower a dose.I explain myself, I went to the apride, taking away the novorapid, so that I could click on half a unit, since there were many days that gave high values ​​and uploading it there were days of hiccups in the following 2 hours.If the pattern injected the post, the post was more or less good, but the sensor revealed the climbs, which is why the pump is valuing.But this does not arrive, time passes and I have an lack of control like never before, which is why looking for ideas in the forum.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
02/26/2018 11:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sigsauer said:
as a great moderator commented here that the forum has left very recently for personal reasons, advise from here to a person a change of basal or fast insulin with the few with the fewknowledge and data we have here of the person who writes personally I consider that it is "very dangerous."The Internet is very dangerous and we do not know what kind of person with diabetes is on the other side of the computer.I on treatments with insulin I put what works for me or does not work to me but it will never occur to me to tell a forero what can do well;All changes have to be under the supervision of their endocrin@ and under their responsibility, I do not want to carry severe hypoglycemia or any other problem under my conscience.What I said I cannot "recommend" from here anything to anyone because I repeat that it is very dangerous.

Thanks for your concern, but I consider myself cautious enough to go crazy.From here I get ideas, from people with more years or experience than me.and that depending on my body I adapt little by little to see the result.Here between seeking inspiration, not norms to follow Raja Table, I am measuring every slow step I give, but thanks for your concern.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
02/26/2018 11:05 p.m.

endocrinaantinewage said:
jpr said:
I do not do absolutely any distinction, I am nobody here to do it, but a person who thinks like everyone else, norMore or less ... It has not been my intention in any case and I never intend to pole with anyoneAnd so many data had not been understood :-)

jpr said:
jpr said:
simply that in this case it also seems to me that you have to try that the dinner bolus does not end in hypoglycemia
is that for what Moñiño commented, I have understoodThat the dinner bolus does not end in hypoglycemia, since it says that its 2H post control is over 100-130 (and dinner at 9 pm), which I understand that the hypoglycemia of the 3 a.m.It was not the fault of the Bolo of the dinner, but of the slow one, starting from a post of 100-130.

jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
If it goes up slowly, the basal will be able to control the blood glucose the hours after the bolus, also in my view, but it has to lower the dinner quickly.> I think that if you put 5 more units of levemir (for example) at 9:00 p.m. (when dinner) whose effect will be distributed over 12-18 hours, the effect it may have on postprandial control would be minimal(from my point of view).

But in the end, it is to try and see ...

Greetings!

Thank you.Until now I had only tried the rapid unit.I will be medium to medium.I already tell you.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
02/26/2018 11:08 p.m.

@"Moñiño" I have no doubt that you are a responsible and cautious person but my concern was not for you in particular but for the forum in general.I repeat that all kinds of people, young, elderly, debutants who let themselves be guided more by the advice of the forum than those of their endocrin@.- As my endocrine I am the one who knows the most "mi"Diabetes but not that of other people with diabetes each with their peculiarities.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/27/2018 9:32 a.m.

@"Moñiño" I can think of an idea that you can consult with your endocrine in the next consultation to see if it seems to be served.For the day you continue with Levemir that you do well and at night you change to NPH.I think NPH's curve could adjust quite well to what happens to you.I have analyzed my graphics and some seasons that I have the phenomenon of Alba I think I could fit put a dose of NPH before sleeping.In the next consultation with my endocrine I will consult him to see what he thinks.In my case it happens to seasons.And the climb begins more or less when you only in my case until that time the graph is kept completely flat.At the moment how I usually wake up several times at night I spend the free and as soon as I see I get quickly and I arrive well in the morning but one day I sleep from the pull I get up in 180.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/27/2018 11:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"SIGSAUER" You are right, you have to be very prudent and have many data to be able to make a recommendation when adjusting an insulin guideline.I personally do not get wet if I do not see it very clear, and many times with many conditional ones.And obviously, always prioritizing security (in this case avoid serious hypoglycemia)

@"Yesssica_a" The NPH is an option, but classically, when there were no slow insulin anologists (before the appearance of Lantus, a time that you may still live at the beginning of your debut), and everyone was going with NPH Nocturna, the problem of the Alba phenomenon had a bad arrangement, precisely because the NPH starts the peak at 3 hours of putting it, and then at 6 hours it already has very little effect (however the phenomenon of dawn is usually at 6-7a.m).It was very common for people to take a 2-portions supplement after putting it precisely to avoid hypoglycemia at 2-3 in the morning, and allow to put a sufficient dose that allowed them to reach without hyperglycemia in the morning, this even without having a phenomenonDEL ALBA.So when there was Alba phenomenon, it was even more complicated.However, the "peak" of Levemir is at 6-8 hours, and theoretically it would be overcome to the rise of the Alba phenomenon.

But I say, every body ...

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/27/2018 11:52 a.m.

Hello everyone again.Lowering fast insulin at the moment is being a partial solution.I have been lowering 0.5 in 0.5 at dinner (always based on the pattern initially marked by the endocrine based on ingested hydrates and its corresponding corrector bol), maintaining the slight.These days this dawning with values ​​between 150/170.Perhaps the slow dose should increase, maintaining the guideline of 1 or 1.5 less than what the endocrine initially indicated, which is the one that is already dawn with these values ​​not as high as those that I had been dragging.We continue to pass by passing.Thank you.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
03/04/2018 6:37 p.m.

Hello @"moñiño"

With this guideline, how is the curve of the whole night?What does the sensor say?

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
03/04/2018 7:15 p.m.

The sensor has already been exhausted and this month they have not yet given me the strips.I am a little scarce to take the data I would like but but the mornings of the last 3 days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) have been:

.- (2 hours after dinner 143) I got up with 170
.- 2nd day I get up with 151
.- 3rd day I get up with 106
On weekends, as I have another rhythm and other schedules these guidelines will modify them because I reach the dinners somewhat high and in the morning (Saturday and Sunday) they have been 217 and 205.
In theory they will have to call me to return to the endocrine (to see if it gives me another sensor) this month, but they have not yet done so.
Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
03/04/2018 10:42 p.m.

Aaah ok.Well, for now it seems that you get up better than before (you approached 300).At the moment it would be difficult for me to tell you that you would go up the slow one without knowing if you approach the early morning hypoglycemia (as it happened to you sometimes).If you have the option to put on the sensor more times, to see how it behaves during the night.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
03/04/2018 11:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.