{'en': 'Discrimination labor progression', 'es': 'Discriminacion progresion laboral'} Image

Discrimination labor progression

claudiashi's profile photo   02/24/2018 2:46 a.m.

Hello!

I am type1 diabetic from the age of 13, I work for a company where there are morning, afternoon and night shifts a few years ago I have a limitation that consists in not being able to make the night shift.

This has made that in an unofficial way but said by bosses in a tone of "trust" they have cut my wings to progress and have a better position, of command for example, given that the colleagues I would have to work with areA smaller group than those who work now, and refuse to accept someone who cannot make nights because they would have to be done more ... I don't know if I'm explaining myself well ...

The fact is that they are using my illness, my limitation to not let me progress and at home on home that my name has been on the table to get a better position than by skills and attitude would not be rejected, they tell me that I do not fulfill withThe profile and the story is over.

Does the company's medical service have to value each worker individually?

Or on the contrary, my case may not be the same as that of another worker with type 1 diabetes and a glycosilada greater than 7% like me?

Thank you so much!

claudiashi's profile photo
claudiashi
02/24/2018 2:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The medical examination is individual and will inform the company if you are suitable or not.In the case that you were not suitable, they should not say why or give information about your health.And if you are notice neither do your health status.
You no longer make nights and clearly take it into account if the ascent entails 3 shifts.Why have you been excluded from the nights?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/24/2018 1:39 p.m.

Because by making the medical recognition in the company, mandatory, Dí 8.0 in the glycosilad2300. The Medical Service does not greatly inform because it is the limitation, but because it can give me a decrease or the opposite, my closest partners and bosses know of my illness because I thought it convenient ... now, unofficiallyThey assure me that I cannot reach a better position just because of my limitation of turnyness ... I understand, therefore, that I could not even deny since it would be my word against "the" of his, and with a simple one you do not enter the profile thatWe are looking for health (and never better). This situation makes me totally discriminated against and getting depressed just to think about it, I am young but in addition to a disease, I have cut the wings.
Thanks for answering me. A greeting.

claudiashi
02/27/2018 8:32 p.m.

Sorry ... another question ... When you say individual, if the cutting glycosiladIncident, the question is therefore whether the cut is general independently of each particular case?Thank you very much again.

claudiashi
02/27/2018 8:35 p.m.

@"Claudiashi" I understand that if it is a serious company and you have a medical service or medical company that makes you the medical awards and they are mandatory there will be a "written" labor and medical agreement and signed by the workers or the union representatives of thesame.I don't know what country you are from but my advice is that you consult a union of your company to take appropriate measures.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/27/2018 9:05 p.m.

I contribute several related topics that seem interesting to me.

Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/01/2018 3:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

8?Without going to the job, having 8 seems to me a barbarity if you are always in 8 and it has not been an occasion, I am currently at 6.3 and I still remember when I was touched the endocrine the anger that was caught ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
03/01/2018 4:36 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

The issue of taking out night shifts is because it is very important to have some sleep and regular meals cycles.I tell you from my own experience.Obviously each one is free to do what they want with his life, but after giving me a heart attack they have had to change his job that implies not making nights.And it has cost me mine, I prefer to win less to die for a job.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
03/04/2018 11 a.m.

Hi Claudia, I carry with diabetes mellitus 1 39 years and I have always encountered discrimination in work and especially in the assessment of my good person or assessment in the trial about my values ​​virtues and defects blaming everything to my chronic disease.I would consider punching the table on the table has been able to make the night shift worked in shifts in many factories and all you did was change the schedules the basal insulin placed it at 12 noon.Ipauta goes different meals, for example hypercaloric food and with high carbohydrate content for work and hypogging and light diet for the rest of the day.My mistake has always been to love me what a company for which I worked but I would like to show them that they were wrong, when they offered me fixed work I reject the work and left for another place.How very well they have told you or you are suitable or you are not suitable issuu difference with a worker without our disease is simply that you do not manufacture insulin and you have to inject it.And I advise that you try to show the company for which you work that they are wrong, it does not explain it.Courage and luck I currently work in the management of 4 health companies owned by a friend.Given the criticism and humiliations of my co -workers who feels in an office I have achieved it thanks to my studies and effort now if ever Merry so in excess I can dust off and get my health uniform my jacket my jacket is of the color is of the colorFrom the blue tide celebration of chronic disease November 14 and I look pride.The assertive can criticize me but there they have a direct sample.I raise it, claudia punching the critical table will always receive now before a sample I would not say anything.Good luck and courage greeting to all.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 4:42 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.