Configure free freestyle reader

EduardoPM's profile photo   02/26/2018 9:39 a.m.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for sharing your diabetes self -control ... I have been clicking for 30 years and, although there are many advances, I think it can still be done much more ...

I am in the same problem that you have indicated: Abbott has left me hung !!!
I asked for the 4 -sensor package 10 days before my trip to London ... and yesterday (20 days later) I have received the ABBOTT message that have delay in the delivery of the orders and will make them in order of order ...
That is, now I am in London and the sensors will arrive at my house in Madrid with a delay of at least two weeks to the usual ...
Here, as you know, almost everything is more expensive.But a pharmacist can get one or two sensors at a good price (£ 50, + -)
The problem is that here in England the free freestyle sensors go in mmol/l
That is, probably my "Spanish" reader will not be worth the new "English" sensor ... and my phone does not have NFC (that is, it does not admit the FreeLink application)

Please, do anyone know if the free reader can be configured to read in MMOL when I put the "English" free sensor here?

P.S.Here, the free "English" reader is sold separately: it costs £ 67

Does anyone know how to give me a solution?THANKS A LOT

EduardoPM's profile photo
EduardoPM
02/26/2018 9:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yeah.You can put it em mg/dl in glucometer configuration.
There is a wheel to the right to the right.There you have it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2018 7:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you so much.Ruthbia, there is no wheel or can be changed in the configuration ... It must be something automatic.

Thank you, anyway ... because, I don't know if it is the pharmacist here that I have sold a sensor box exactly the same as those that come to Madrid, and I just measured myself right now and it works and reads in mg/dl ...
It is a joy and being able to share it with you.Thank you

EduardoPM
02/26/2018 7:53 p.m.

Are you sure that it is the sensors that go in MMOL and not their machines?Maybe the sensors are all the same and it is the machines that give it to one extent or another depending on your country and that is why you continue to measure in mg/dl
Be that good luck you've had, I'm very happy.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/27/2018 10:20 a.m.

My reader I think you remember configuring the units.Enter the configuration to see if you have the option.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/27/2018 12:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much ... My reader must be very modern.I think the first time asked me if Mg or Mmol ... but now it doesn't appear anywhere.You can configure feeding things (dose) and doses would correspond to insulin ... but I don't even need that, I don't even trust (no, thank you)

And I think Macarena is right ... The sensors are identical.It is the reader who reads one or another type of measure.Someone had told me that most likely in London I did not read it well (almost everything goes with another type of measure) ... but it is not in the sensors.A great joy for me !!

EduardoPM
02/28/2018 6:08 p.m.

Mine cannot change the option, but the sensor must be the same for the different units of measure, or at least, so it is in the glucometers, that if I can choose and I do not believe that they manufacture different sensors/strips according to the countries.
That should be like weight in kilos or pounds, centimeters or inches, the measure is the same, only the adjective changes.
I'm glad to be solved, take advantage of "the sales"

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/28/2018 8:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.