I'm new here, I present myself

Noemiau23's profile photo   03/01/2018 12:42 a.m.

Hello, I don't know if many people would read my presentation but well I go.I am type 1 diabetics since I was 5 years old, I turned 6 at the hospital.My family and I learned about the bad ones, which began as an apparent gastroenteritis ended in a diabetic coma.Luckily, here I am to tell it, 17 years of evolution later.The road has not been easy, I had a very bad time in adolescence my hemoglobin began to rise and my values ​​began to get out of control and despite being lucky to have a good diabetological education I have not managed to lower my hemoglobin from 8 so far.Right now I am thinking of putting an insulin bomb but they throw me a lot in my back.

I am a social work student and I am in my last year of career.And since last year I decided that I would centered my career work in type 1 diabetes so I am trying to elaborate an intervention and monitoring model from a psychosocial perspective for patients and families of type 1 diabetes.

And I don't know what else to tell, really.Sorry for the roll but well this is my presentation.

Noemiau23's profile photo
Noemiau23
03/01/2018 12:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!I registered recently too.I have been diabetic type 1 and I'm 24 years old ... so nothing.We only have to fight for ourselves and for the people we have around.

Regarding the bomb, nothing will be told since I am very new to all that.I only know that in the short time I have been here, there are great people.If one day you need to talk or vent, here I am whenever you want!All the best :)

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
03/01/2018 1:25 a.m.

dixon said:
welcome!I registered recently too.I have been diabetic type 1 and I'm 24 years old ... so nothing.We only have to fight for ourselves and for the people we have around.

Regarding the bomb, nothing will be told since I am very new to all that.I only know that in the short time I have been here, there are great people.If one day you need to talk or vent, here I am whenever you want!Greetings :)

I have decided to register because I found the forum of chance and I saw that there were many people Maja here.Surely with this forum you learn things to be a faster diabetic.

Much encouragement!

Noemiau23
03/01/2018 1:31 a.m.

@"Noemou23", welcome to the forum.I am also thinking of moving to insulin bombs.They also throw me many things, but all firefighters are delighted with their bomb ... greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/01/2018 10:23 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@"noemou23", welcome to the forum.I am also thinking of moving to insulin bombs.They also throw me many things, but all firefighters are delighted with their bomb ... greetings.

The same thing happens to me, I only read good opinions but it costs me a lot to take the step ...

Greetings

Noemiau23
03/01/2018 7:40 p.m.

Hi NOEMEMAU23!Welcome to the forum.I have been with type 1 diabetes for almost 12 years, now I have 27. I have also thought many times to put on the bomb, and although everyone is very comfortable with it and gets very good controls I do not encourage myself because I do not see myself, he occupiesToo much ... For just over a year I have been a MCG and I have managed to lower the hemo, it is very helpful because you can anticipate easier for up and down, and you can put alarms so that I let you know.I recommend a lot if you can afford it.Very interesting your TFG, encourage it!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/02/2018 10:42 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
hello noemou23!Welcome to the forum.I have been with type 1 diabetes for almost 12 years, now I have 27. I have also thought many times to put on the bomb, and although everyone is very comfortable with it and gets very good controls I do not encourage myself because I do not see myself, he occupiesToo much ... For just over a year I have been a MCG and I have managed to lower the hemo, it is very helpful because you can anticipate easier for up and down, and you can put alarms so that I let you know.I recommend a lot if you can afford it.Very interesting your TFG, encourage it!

Hi Maritxu!To me the size and spending the day connected to that device are of the typical things that do not convince me, but well I still think about it.As for the meter, right now I am fortunate to use free freestyle and if I managed to download from 8'3 to 7'9 hemoglobin but I fear that for my next review I will have returned to 8 with something again.The good thing about the meter is that I have allowed me to know more about my diabetes but I find myself at a point where I don't know what to do more to improve.And by the way, grace for the animals for the TFG!

Noemiau23
03/02/2018 11:09 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
hello noemou23!Welcome to the forum.I have been with type 1 diabetes for almost 12 years, now I have 27. I have also thought many times to put on the bomb, and although everyone is very comfortable with it and gets very good controls I do not encourage myself because I do not see myself, he occupiesToo much ... For just over a year I have been a MCG and I have managed to lower the hemo, it is very helpful because you can anticipate easier for up and down, and you can put alarms so that I let you know.I recommend a lot if you can afford it.Very interesting your TFG, encourage it!

Hello!What is an MCG?Thank you!

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
03/06/2018 11:14 p.m.

@Dixon Continuous glucose meter, you have Dexcom, Medtronic and then the free freestyle that is not continuous but is quite useful anyway.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
03/07/2018 1:23 a.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

noemou23 said:
maritxu22 said:

Hi Maritxu!To me the size and spending the day connected to that device are of the typical things that do not convince me, but well I still think about it.As for the meter, right now I am fortunate to use free freestyle and if I managed to download from 8'3 to 7'9 hemoglobin but I fear that for my next review I will have returned to 8 with something again.The good thing about the meter is that I have allowed me to know more about my diabetes but I find myself at a point where I don't know what to do more to improve.And by the way, grace for the animals for the TFG!

Well, the counting of rations helps me to have better control, as quite varied but I count the hydrates and depending on that I get the fast.Tb game with the basal, every month I have to modify it because with the rule they vary
My needs.What insulins do you use?With the freestyle sure that you can lower the hemo, look at your trends and if you have any period of this high time (x example sleeping), and correcting that it shows a lot.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/07/2018 11:04 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.