{'en': 'Paraplegic and diabetes', 'es': 'Parapléjico y Diabetes'} Image

Paraplegic and diabetes

Manuel Escobar's profile photo   03/12/2017 4:34 p.m.

I am a 45 -year -old paraplegic person for 20 years.

4 had another accident and it was a year and a half.Because of that I got a lot of weight.

I have managed to lose weight with diet and exercise but I still have enough.What worries me is that my fasting glucose levels are always 104.

What alarmed me is that yesterday I was very stressed to think that I am about to be diabetic.I can't sleep.

My blood pressure was high.I am hypertensive and I have not been able to control it for the stress.

Today I measured my glucose in the morning and Maque 139 on an empty stomach.Am I already diabetic?

The previous 4 readings were 100, 104, 100, 104 I don't remember exactly.

Manuel Escobar's profile photo
Manuel Escobar
03/12/2017 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A glucometer can have a15% error.Being stressed can also raise glucose ..., I don't think you are diabetic, it will simply lose weight by controlling food.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2017 5:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for answering.Honestly my diet has not been very strict, nor so bad, but I have managed to lower something from overweight with exercise.For the same thing that I must even more improve my diet.

So the stories rises the glucose and reacts the same people without diabetes, are they uploaded if they are stressed?

Manuel Escobar
03/12/2017 6:28 p.m.

With the nerves you can climb the cortisol and glucose, if you are calm you will be better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2017 12:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I need help please !!I think I'm still stressed.My results in the morning with 10 or 12 hours fasts are:
105, 139, 106, 104, 102, 101, 111. I am concerned about the results of 139 and the last one that came out today of 111. I continue with the streatenight to try.I do not understand this of diabetes well but if it were healthy I should leave less, even drinking with a little sweet the night before.Not as duces, or soft drinks, nor chucheteries, I try to eat chicken and fish, vegetables, one or two tortillas of the Fonsitheal corn a day, zero bread, cookies, etc., although I am aware that the diet is greatly improving.That if I improve my diet these days for fear, a week ago was someone worse, could someone tell me if it is only stress and am I in time to prevent or delay diabetes?

I am scared because living as paraplegic is difficult.

Manuel Escobar
03/16/2017 2:43 p.m.

They would have to make a blood analytics, because with a glucometer you cannot know exactly. In such fair values.
If you had something high glucose, diet could be solved.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2017 5:13 p.m.

regina said:
would have to make you an analysis in blood, because with a glucometer you cannot know exactly. In such fair values.
If you had something high glucose, diet could be solved.

I know that it is a barbarity that I am going to say but my mother is nailed to the results of the glucometer and the analysis of fasting glucose in the laboratory of the clinic where Vamod.I know that I have to talk to a doctor, and make a work analysis, but while I stay with what you tell me that with diet and getting weight.

Even in healthy people, can glucose upload and keep a dulce at night?

Manuel Escobar
03/16/2017 5:55 p.m.

After 12 hours of fasting, the normal glucose value is less than 100 or 105 .., but a glucometer does not always measure the same ... It is an analytical that will tell you the real value.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2017 12:35 a.m.

regina said:
after 12 hours of fastIt will tell you the real value.

Thanks for answering Regina.You help me calm down a little.Actually this scares me a lot.I have another regina question.A normal person is clear that you can eat a whole cake the night before and in the morning present normal values.A prediabetic person already presents problems handling glucose.If I have a coffee with sugar, being prediabetic when taking glucose in the morning will you notice?And if it shows does not necessarily mean that I am already diabetic?I know you are going to answer that I go to a doctor and if it is most appropriate, but I would like to know for tunexperience.

Manuel Escobar
03/17/2017 5:07 p.m.

Well, I have no experience with such limit values.My daughter entered with 280, when I had 5 years, so I would be very happy if I had your controls.
Stay calm and get the analytics, but I think that controlling the food will be enough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2017 9:56 p.m.

regina said:
I have no experience with such limit values.My daughter entered with 280, when I had 5 years, so I would be very happy if I had your controls.
Stay calm and get the analytics, but I think that controlling the food will be enough.

Thank you very much for answering my doubts, I thank you deeply.It is already a whore to live with a disability like my paraplegia and that's why I am very scared.I will try to reassure me and do what you tell me.

Manuel Escobar
03/18/2017 11:10 p.m.

If you have anxiety, eat it to the doctor too, that you can give you something to control it and that you live quieter. That does have a good treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2017 11:23 p.m.

With those levels I would advise you 3 things
-The main, talk to your doctor
-Dele the ice cream and other sweet loads for large occasions or, better, to ever.It does not seem to me that you are loud to debut but look, that your doctor says it and meanwhile, suppress sweet load.
-It does the piles to the glucometer and guard it in a drawer.It is like the "White Bata effect", that gossip induces you stress that you can save and gives you nothing reliable results.To the doctor.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
03/19/2017 10:45 a.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
with those levels I would advise you 3 things
-The main, talk to your doctor
-Dele the ice cream and other sweet loads for large occasions or, better, to ever.It does not seem to me that you are loud to debut but look, that your doctor says it and meanwhile, suppress sweet load.
-It does the piles to the glucometer and guard it in a drawer.It is like the "White Bata effect", that gossip induces you stress that you can save and gives you nothing reliable results.To the doctor.

Thank you very much for answering.I thank you deeply.I already remove the batteries, and I will go with my doctor.

Manuel Escobar
03/21/2017 7:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.