My boyfriend has just had a diabetic attack

natitrui's profile photo   03/02/2018 7:40 a.m.

Hello everyone!I live with my boyfriend who has 34 years, almost 20 with diabetes 1. Today in the morning, everything was normal ... or so I thought, he usually gets up and goes to the bathroom to check the level of sugar and sometimes takes ajuice if it is low.Although I insisted that it was more open with diabetes and involved me, that has never happened and he acts as if he had everything under control, I do not blame, I know it's not his fault!The fact is that after getting up, I return to sleep and we slept for two more hours, then he got up and went to the room ... I stayed a minute in the room and then I saw him in the sofa of the bedroom,Taking a juice, but it was weird, it was not theDAYS "But no, I started to move weird and from one moment to another began to have an attack, his neck was tension and he noise as if he were drowning, fell to the floor, he combles, and well I didn't know what to do but callTo an ambulance, the truth is at that time I did not understand that I was having a diabetes attack because I had never happened to him and because I did not know ... it was a very strong experience and I know that it is for him, having seen itSo my heart broke and well, while the ambulance arrived he began to return to himself but still was not aware of what was happening, the paramedics arrived and they attended it, his level of sugar was 40 and the paramedics told me that there wereHe had a "seizure" (let's live in a foreign country) and was for the low level of sugar.My boyfriend was addressed but he didn't know what was happening!Everything was controlled and he is fine but he tells me that he does not remember well since last night and obvious he does not remember anything that happened is.
We both live in a foreign country and our families are not here, we do not have very close friends and we really are the and me.I am afraid that this will happen again but more than that I want to be able to do everything I can to help you prevent this spyry once again and I also want to know how I must act at that time.Honestly, I thought it was an attack on the heart, I thought I was dying and I think I must be more trained to assist and help him.

I would thank you for please guide me, please give me ultil information and tell me that everything will be fine because it is the first time this happens to him, and I think he must still be dismayed.

Thank God that these forums exist, I do not want to call friends or family because I think that maybe they cannot guide me like any of you.

Thank you

natitrui's profile photo
natitrui
03/02/2018 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello@"Nadrui" your boyfriend had a hypoglycemia, that is, a low blood glucose drop.When that happens we begin to fail the forces and the brain does not receive the energy it needs so speech, response, memory, etc ... is difficult ...
You did well to call emergencies.

You can help you forcing you to drink strongly sugary drinks or you put sugar under your tongue to absorb.

You should also have glucagon home that is a glycogen injection for severe hypoglycemia.
The important thing is that it is well.

If you want to learn more from diabetes, read in the post forum, questions, doubts ... and we will help you if we can.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/02/2018 8:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Try to convince you to put a continuous meter.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/02/2018 9:30 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thanks for the comments!They have already spent 4 hours after everything and he is better and is recovering, I already told him that we are going to go to the doctor together and his advice will take them into account when he talked to the doctor!I hope, because I was already telling me that we are going to go the other week!Grrrrr I hope to go tomorrow.Thanks again

natitrui's profile photo
natitrui
03/02/2018 9:56 a.m.

What a scare, it is important that you open others and do not want to carry only diabetes, against more people around it is better involved, in addition, as they have told you, the glucagon is very important.Ask the endocrine and teach you how to use it, it is something you should know and give it to use it in case it has an episode like this again

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/02/2018 10:08 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Nadrui", well, the scare has already passed.Most of those we are here have never had a diabetic coma.It is not frequent, so do not let fear take your life.If you have decided to share your life with a diabetic, you do well in looking for information to understand and help your partner.You should know the glucagon, it is vital to help you in case an episode is repeated.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/02/2018 11:25 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Yes, correct a great scare.In his 20 years of diabetes this is the first time that happens to him and although I do not have this disease, I think it can happen to anyone.My tips at the moment are: if they have a loss of sugar, let the nearby people know to be vigilant because I think that in that state there comes a moment of unconsciousness like this you are awake and it is already too late .... so it wasToday, it was late, before the attack he was already gone ... thanks again for the advice and I am sure that I will get the glucagon and I will also put sweets throughout the house so that he can as soon asThe sugar ...

natitrui's profile photo
natitrui
03/02/2018 12:11 p.m.

Yes, it wakes up, you will have to decrease the slow dose.I guess you have experience in varying insulin according to your controls and not waking up very fair
Although sometimes it cannot be avoided, but they are very uncommon cases.
The most important thing is to have at home in glucagon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2018 5:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That is not a diabetic attack, they are hypoglycemia colvulsions.They happen to me from time to time.Before that situation you must inject something that I should have at home called glucagon and if you don't have it, because you do with a large needle syringe to be able to give it sugary water with it (by mouth) when it happens.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
03/17/2018 11:33 a.m.

If you are right Dunah, what happens is that I did not know how to describe it because where I live, they speak English and the diagnosis was "be" for low sugar in the blood (hypoglycemia).Thanks for your comment and I have to buy the big syringe because this doctor who saw it did not give us the authorization for glucagon .... what a fright!Ah?And read the comments you have made on this network and I like you to take diabetes as something else but not what defines you!I hope you are very well :)

natitrui's profile photo
natitrui
04/15/2018 9:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.