Insulin fattens?

Cleo's profile photo   03/02/2018 8:17 a.m.

Hello, I am 34 years old with diabetes, I always have the sugar to be high but lately it is impossible to carry I have 10.3 of hemo and I don't know what to do more they upload the insulge and nothing the only thing I do is limp weight and IIt is impossible to lose it is not that it is a cow but I want to lose weight and I can not really desperate if someone can help me I thank you very much.

Cleo's profile photo
Cleo
03/02/2018 8:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin does not get fat !!That is a myth without any foundation!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/02/2018 8:31 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

cleo said:
I am 34 years old 23 with diabetes I always have the sugar to be high but lately it is impossible to carry I have 10.3 of hemo and I don't know what to do moreInsuli a and nothing the only thing I do is limited weight and it is impossible for me to lose it is not a cow but I want to lose weight and I can't really desperate if someone can help me I thank you very much.

Everything in diabetes is not a matter of rising insulin and that's it.Do you tell the rations of carbohydrates when you eat?Do you have your quick insulin ratios well adjusted?Do you correct hyperglycemia or do you run out of correct?Do you know meals with high or low glycemic index?Do you know how to handle hypoglycemia situations without getting to hyper posterior?... I do not know, there are a thousand situations that can make you be with high glucose and that in this case or you do these things well or the fact of raising insulin for climbing will not correctly or correctly the problem ...
You also have to see if the slow insulin you have fits your basal needs profile, if you can better go another basal insulin than the one you use, which happens to you at night, if it goes up alone or not ... there are thousandsOf things, as I tell you it is not just about rising insulin.

Do not lose weight has nothing to do with insulin, forget that issue ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/02/2018 8:39 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Have you recently done analysis to see if you have the thyroid well?Sometimes when you get fat without stopping without changing habits it can be for that and it is something closely associated with diabetes.Talk to your doctor and have an analysis, if it is a thyroid problem, they will have to put mediation and then you can lose weight.

And about the lack of control of diabetes because what @"jpr" tells you, is not just a matter of rising insulin.If you upload it without knowing what you are doing, you will be with lows every 2 by 3 and other times you will be high of rebound for what you eat for the downturn.It is necessary to have a good knowledge of the different foods, count well hydrates, know how to calculate dose for what you eat and your specific case, adjust basal, know your body (hormones in women influence us a lot).If you don't know what they meet with the educator and explain everything well.Then go aiming for a season everything you eat, insulin that you put on glucose and with that the endocrine and the educator can help you adjust the doses depending on your needs.This disease if you do not have a good knowledge is impossible to control so little by little you learn and you will see how improvements.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/02/2018 10:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.