Rations or eye

marinita's profile photo   03/04/2018 12:15 p.m.

I would like to know how you make meals if you calculate a trick by eye or rations so that it is not so straight after years I will wait with rations and it is very straight to me

marinita's profile photo
marinita
03/04/2018 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You immediately start calculating by eye., For the amount you put on the plate.Everything is weighed to the Ñrincipio, then it is no longer necessary.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2018 1:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am very linked with this I did not do it before and I have told me that it is not the right thing to do it like this.I get a lot with the ratios and sensibilities factor in short

marinita's profile photo
marinita
03/04/2018 7:04 p.m.

But if you did it before, and you were doing well, what are you going to change?The correct-scientific method is an orientation for those who begin, and it is still so complicated for many people, that they end up liking, and that ways are we who do it wrong and we are to blame for having the hem high.
Maritine what I would do would be to do it by eye as before, since that way, but at the same time try to contrast it with ratio and portions to see if you have deviations.In any case, the people who have never taught us the calculation in that way, and we do it totally by eye (although we initially use the weight), and we were still alive and squeeze.They tell me now to calculate like this and send them to fry anchovies.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
03/04/2018 7:59 p.m.

@"Runing50" Well, you don't know what I am glad because they tell me that how can I do it by eye that it does not make it madness in short that I have scared JJJJ there are things that I may weigh and the ratio to me thatI have not explained it tomorrow I will call my guidance and tell me how to do it

marinita's profile photo
marinita
03/04/2018 10:04 p.m.

@"Marinita", if you have a good handling and control of the portions you can do it by eye, but if not, it begins weighing food and trains the eye that way, as @"regina" tells you.If you do not control the amounts you eat and one day you eat 3 rations and another 4 and a half (but you think it is the same meal), with the same insulin ratio, you will not be able to adjust well, because you will have figures that you will not be able tounderstand.It is nothing more than that ... in diabetes you have to try to adjust well and insulin so that it goes as well as possible ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/05/2018 11:09 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I was doing it for a long time and it was not very bad, but in November, in my last consultation, I got the highest glycosylate of the account (8,3) for a month and a half of lack of control that I had;Since then I am weighing everything to adjust insulin to the maximum and lower hemoglobin as much as possible.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
03/05/2018 2:35 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.