{'en': 'Contraceptives and diabetes?', 'es': 'Anticonceptivos y diabetes?'} Image

Contraceptives and diabetes?

Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola's profile photo   03/23/2017 5:08 p.m.

Hello!!

I wanted to know if you take contraceptive pills and if you have noticed something in your Diabetes DR control.

I've been bleeding for a few months ... a lot ... but I think it's not normal ... and apart from many hypoglycemia.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings!

Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola's profile photo
Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola
03/23/2017 5:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I do not take, but I did read about the use of hormonal contraceptives and are another factor of decompensation in the already complex female hormonal cycles.That is, they can have serious side effects in all women, not only in those who have diabetes.And the degree of the effects already depends on each person in particular or the amount of contraptive hormone and time taken.

There it goes, in case you are interested, a dossier on contraception in this link.On page 29 in concrete talk about research problems associated:
Link

On this page there is also interesting info, with bibliography included: Link

As for personal experiences, they will be as varied as in so many other things.Anyway some partner can tell you something ... :-)
Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
03/24/2017 9:09 a.m.

G

imara said:
hello, I do not take, but I read about the use of hormonal contraceptives and are another factor of decompensation in the already complex female hormonal cycles.That is, they can have serious side effects in all women, not only in those who have diabetes.And the degree of the effects already depends on each person in particular or the amount of contraptive hormone and time taken.

There it goes, in case you are interested, a dossier on contraception in this link.On page 29 in concrete talk about research problems associated:
Link

On this page there is also interesting info, with bibliography included: Link

As for personal experiences, they will be as varied as in so many other things.Anyway some partner can tell you something ... :-)
Hugs

Thanks a greeting

03/24/2017 7:04 p.m.

@"Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola", I have used nuvaring for years and I have not had any problem, the other way around, as you have no hormones fluttering around, you have no decompensations such as when you are going to have the rule or ovules ..
It has its risk of thrombus but in non -diabetic women, the important thing if you use them is that they control the antithrombin III X the least 1 time a year

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/25/2017 6:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
@"yolanda castiblanque figuerola", I have used nuvaring for years and I have not had any problem, the other way around because Grandcomo no hormones you have no decompensations when you have the rule or ovules..
It has its risk of thrombus but in non -diabetic women, the important thing if you use them is that they control the antithrombin III X the least 1 time a year

Thank you ... greetings

03/27/2017 10:02 a.m.

The same as @"gala" I have used nuvaring and no problem!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
03/27/2017 5:57 p.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

I have been taking them for a month and I have noticed a little glycemics decompensation, although only a few days; my problem is that before menstruation I spent a very high week and then just the other way around, so I hope I help me control that, besidesof bleeding that lasted me more than a week, otherwise everything normal

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
08/26/2020 11:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.