Lantus dose

Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez's profile photo   03/23/2017 7:52 p.m.

Hello, my 15 -year -old son has had DM T1 for 3 years and has been quite controlled, a lot of sport and is 6'5 on average hemoglobin, the only thing is that lately he has had to climb the lantus to 54 units in the morning also alsoFrom the apidra about 20 units spread before meals, my question is whether someone has had to put so much lantus at some point.

Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez's profile photo
Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez
03/23/2017 7:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, each one is a world, if the dose is doing well, do not think about the units, I imagine that it will be an endocrine who has put that pattern according to what he eats and the sport he does.
I never like to comment on what amount of dose to put because I think we are not endocrine and for knowledge that we can have, I can'tFor that.
Endo knows insurance better than any of us to the child.
Do not think if it is much or little, if you do well think only that, if it were bad that it changes of the type of insulin and units.
Come and surely it's going very well !!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/23/2017 9:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The truth is that with the Lantus it is going quite well, the only thing is that I was surprised a bit that the amount of lantus who needed rarely reached 30 units and there were 54 there was enough difference.In addition, in the last visit to the endocrine I tell us that hormonal changes could require sudden increases in insulin.
Thanks for your comments, greetings

Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez
03/24/2017 3:21 p.m.

Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez said:
The truth is that with the Lantus it is going quite well, the only thing is that I was surprised a little than of the people who comment on the amount of Lantus who needed rarely arrivedto 30 units and there are 54 there was enough difference.In addition, in the last visit to the endocrine I tell us that hormonal changes could require sudden increases in insulin.
Thanks for your comments, greetings

Really if the little one goes well totally trusts in your endo, if you see that the figures do not fit you and the endo continues in his effort tries to change the endo.It is particularly that I do not like to say anything about dose or compare what we put each because we really are a world to ourselves we stick some changes that you cannot or imagine depending on what we do.
It is not that I do not want to indicate and maybe I think I am something dry, but really no, but in this world bad indications can be crucial.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/24/2017 5:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

As very well says @"jconegar" we do not have to look so much in the "number" "of units that we put ourselves if not in the glycemic control with those doses although it is also true, and that lifts the hand to which it has not happenedEver we consider ourselves "more" or "less" diabetics depending on the more or less insulin units we get ... (error)

@"Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez" As already mentioned in some other thread, the correct basal dose is what allows us to be in stable glucose values ​​most of the day depending on the physical activity of each one without being all the wholeWith hypoglycemia and having to trace or hyperglycemia and have to correct, so it sounds easy truth ..?
As an example, I made me 30-34u and I had enough hypos, in the end, the last year I ended with 18U and I was perfectly controlled and without hypos, so you can see the difference.Someone in the forum said a day that 90% of the diabetics are past basal and I think he is right.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/24/2017 6:18 p.m.

It may be in full growth, in adolescence it is when they need more insulin. Then it is usually stabilized and lowered.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/24/2017 11:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
It may be that it is in full growth, in adolescence it is when they need more insulin. Then it is usually stabilized and lowered a little.

Hello Regina, the adolescence I think is the most likely reason, really the dose is indifferent but having to climb the 48 to 58 lantus in such a short time had never happened to us, it is also that if we did not upload theLantus does not lower glucose no matter how apidra that is put on, thank you all for your comments

Emilio Ramón Paños Gómez
03/28/2017 7:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.