Lantus in 2 doses (Mañanera and Night) hyper when you wake up and before lunch

Kallens's profile photo   03/07/2018 4:15 p.m.

My question is that after a while I get sick from the stomach for an infection and glycemia did not alter2 doses a day (example 19 in the morning and 5 at night) to avoid reaching lunch and I am about an hour 130 mg/dl post breakfast or so since the lantus is delayed in taking effect in the morning and theHigado converts glucogen into glucose
I try with 2 doses?Has something similar happened to them?

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
03/07/2018 4:15 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no
Lantus 22u Mañana y 2 en la noche
Novorapid 6-12 Unidades (varia, no suelo pasar de 10 U)

Yes you have those values ​​are perfect.Are you guy, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2018 7:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Type 1, yes but I don't like being in 130 because my head hurts when I wake up when I don't get out of 120

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
03/07/2018 7:38 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no

You can upload a Lantus unit, but with such fair values ​​I see it risky.., you can also split it in two, but they are more rigid schedules ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2018 8:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And for example 20 in the morning and 4 at 12 at night?I try with that?But will I try to go down 1U at the morning dose and add it at night, do you think it works?

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
03/07/2018 8:47 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no

Those values ​​are correct, perfect.
The headache will be for another reason.
Are you type 1?Are you on honeymoon?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/08/2018 7:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The headache passes a lot when it goes up.If you have the body accustomed to such righteous values ​​(I also try not to go from 120), when you get it much more than when you are accustomed to it rises from 120 after meals.I do not always hurt my head but I have a bad body if one day I get up during the night and wake up on high.When it is a little time, you don't notice just but as soon as you are several hours it already shows.
If you get up in 100 or less it is fine (the non -diabetics sometimes rise in values ​​close to 100, it is totally normal). You can try to climb 1 of Lantus but that will affect you to the rest of the day and you can have decreases.
The same your problem is rather breakfast post.Breakfast is the most complicated food because it meets the effect of hormones that are released in the morning.At breakfast time are you in 130 and stay constant until the next meal or then get off and get well?If the 130 is maintained until the next meal you can upload the fast, I think that novorapid allows units measures so you can start with medium and you see.If you get on 130 at the time but then you get off the fast breakfast a little before eating to match the effect with the breakfast up and avoid that peak of 130. Start, 10 minutes before, then 15, 20, etc until you see that it does not occur peak.
The slow if you climb it will affect you to the rest of the day and can give you low, I would not touch it.When you pass the honeymoon you may need to raise it but you will notice higher climbs than what you say and between hours not at meals.If the problem is when you eat you have to adjust the fast.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/08/2018 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

kallens said:
my question is that after a while I get sick from the stomach due to an infection and glycemia did not altered but now last wake up in 100 or 98 when I woke up in 77 or 88 maximumAnd the question is if my 24 u of Lantus administer in 2 doses per day (example 19 in the morning and 5 at night) to avoid reaching lunch and I am about an hour 130 mg/dl post breakfast or sothat the lantus is delayed in taking effect in the morning and the liver converts glucogen into glucose
I try with 2 doses?Has something similar happened to you?

But how are you going to consider making any change in treatment with those values? You have person -free values ​​ ... don't touch anything

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/08/2018 10:40 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
kallens said:
my question is that after a while I get sick to the stomach for an infection and glycemiae did not altered but last nowI wake up in 100 or 98 when I woke up in 77 or 88 maximum and the question is whether my 24 u of Lantus administer in 2 doses per day (example 19 in the morning and 5 at night) to avoid reaching lunch and I amAs approx an hour 130 mg/dl post breakfast or so that the lantus is delayed in taking effect in the morning and the liver converts glucogen into glucose
I try with 2 doses?Has something similar happened to you?

But how are you going to consider making any change in treatment with those values? You have personless values ​​ ... don't touch anything

And as you call hyperglycemia to 130 and when awakening (100) ... it seems to me that what you should change is your way of seeing the glycemia values ​​and not the treatment, which is perfect ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/08/2018 10:42 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

That someone considers changing something I see it crazy ...., but that you have to change ???????It is perfect.
Is it always like that .... 100 and 130 ????
When you talk about figures always like that, I wonder: what do I do badly ?????:(

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/08/2018 11:48 a.m.

Well, I understand that I want to be like a non -diabetic.When you carry low hydrates diets you have very stable values ​​and there are usually no hyperglycemia and 130 can be considered something high even if it is not hyper as such.
I have as an upper limit 120 and I always try not to go from there.And I don't like being touching the limit for hours, I prefer to be in values ​​closer to 83, which is normal.In his case, if the same thing happened to me, I would also want to refine a little more.Another thing is that they are specific days that can be ignored.
The closer to a non -diabetic you are less risk of long -term complications.And if with a small adjustment you can get it, I don't see it because I don't do it.

Yessica_A
03/08/2018 2:27 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a" has been 1 month since its debut, it has enough honeymoon time.When I started with this, I thought it was very easy to blame me with those figures because my pancreas still generated some insulin and thought I could carry the controls of a non -diabetic.In the end the evolution time makes you see the reality and the difficult thing that is to stay at those levels if you do not want to live for and for diabetes !!I live with my diabetes not for her.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/08/2018 3:49 p.m.

@"Sigsauer" I know that it has been a month since its debut, precisely because of that if it is easier for you to maintain good figures I do not see because it will not do it.The same is more calm and is easier to get used to this disease.If he wants to adjust as much as possible I do not see because it would be necessary to tell him not to do so.Another thing is that then I try and it does not work or it is not worth the effort or prefer to have worse values ​​but not be so worried, ... we have all accepted figures that we do not like much because improving them would be a sacrifice that does notWe are worth it.But in this case I believe that the theme of the 130 can solve it with a small fast adjustment and if it stays quieter I do not see because it must be told that it does not make changes.Each one carries his illness as he wants or can and if he wants to take him very strict and he is doing well because I don't see the problem.Not everyone takes things in the same way.It overwhelms me much more to see a value above my goal in the glucometer than to be passing the free every half hour.For me, being pending does not imply any stress or overwhelms me, instead seeing a 150 already worries me.I have much more fear of long -term complications than hypos when mostly most are the opposite.It is that each one is different and the important thing is to live so that the disease affects you as little as possible both physical and psychological and the balance point of each is very different.
If you ask for advice to improve a value and tell you that you do not worry that it is great, I do not think it helps and you will seek in another place how to improve it or try things that with such little experience can be a risk of hiccups such as raising the slow.

Yessica_A
03/08/2018 4:49 p.m.

Well the truth I have not had hypos or hyper in almost 1 month (I have been with DM1) 1 at the month in 128 (what I told them) after a meal but it was because my endo wanted me to be taller and IUnder 5 units of Lantus but I do not understand why they have that mania of walking in 140 or sleeping in 200, I respect their opinions but I brought me very badly to have to have to go out with a sweetI fuck you the day with a headache that the only thing you want is for the day to spend that for me it was to live for diabetes that for me was a punishment and of course I have found some peace in this disease and how they would understand I do not want me toMy values ​​go up to those of a "controlled diabetic according to the ad" because many times that delays complications but they can come and I don't want to say when they ampute that I did not do it the best I could and 100 mg/dl on an emptyards are not values ​​ofA non -diabetic non -diabetic values ​​are 75 to 90 and 100 could be prediabetes and a non -diabetic does not reach its other meal in 130 or in 100 it reaches at most 95 mg/dl at 2 hours.Thanks @"Yesssica_A" :) Add 2 Lantus units at night and wake up in 86 and in the morning I put 22u

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
03/08/2018 5:41 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no

@"Yesssica_a" No comment !!Without more.You tell you everything in your comments and I repeat that neither you nor anyone who is who to advise a rise or an insulin drop according to the guideline that they have marked in their endocrinology consultation !!But well, I always say that the fault is mine for getting where they don't call me.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/08/2018 8:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.