{'en': 'Protein shake - Any recommendation?', 'es': 'Batido de Proteinas - Alguna recomendación?'} Image

Protein shake - Any recommendation?

MaríaJ's profile photo   04/02/2017 4:43 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I have diagnosed insulin resistance.Although I have no overweight, in a year, and without varying my power style or my weekly exercise, I have fattened 10 kg.Sugar and white flours just ate them once a week.

I am thinking of replacing dinner with a protein or substitute shake (since my dinners were light in themselves).Please, any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

MaríaJ's profile photo
MaríaJ
04/02/2017 4:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin resistance is what is known as type 2 diabetes.
For the correct treatment of diabetes by diet, the most important thing is the amount of carbohydrates (sugars) and in less intensity, proteins or fats.
Although definitely, most importantly, are the glycemia values ​​that are obtained through the glucometer, so I would recommend that you talk to your doctor / nurse from your health center to get a device of these (glucometer).It is free.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/02/2017 7:24 p.m.

I would not take protein milkshakes, because that carries certain things that may not go well, they also carry sugars and the same in the end is a worse result of blood glucose.What I would do would be to put more proteins in the dinners that satiate more, for example, the Greek yogurt 0% that they sell in hypercor has very little fat, does not carry added sugar and has many proteins (better values ​​than the type protein yogurtsDanone and Mercadona).If you like yogurts, I recommend them 100%, also other skimmed products without much fat, but always looking at the ingredients and nutritional tables well, I take smoked salmon, egg, fresh cheese, nuts, yogurts and beaten cheese ...They fill me more than other things and when I do not take them, I notice it enough because as more.Exercise, walk 60-90 minutes daily and monitor the rest of the food and control your glycemia to see how they go, that seems very important to me.If you see that in a couple of weeks you don't start going down something because you are looking at if taking other things, right?

When they diagnosed me, being possibly type 2, I had no overweight or anything, but I lost doing that like 10 kilos.And now that I got fat I have lost weight just again taking more care of the food because I cannot do for an injury, or even walk.

Cheer up!!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/03/2017 12:35 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thanks to both.I asked about the substitutes for dinner, because my diet is low in refined fats and coals for a long time.Only 4/5 meals a month.Walks every day (5 km in 1 h).My rare caloric intake is to reach 1200 kcal.The header does not give more importance because the levels are not high.I will monitor a couple of months to see how I evolve.But of course, I went to the doctor for weight gain without apparent cause ... He caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say ...

MaríaJ's profile photo
MaríaJ
04/03/2017 5:29 p.m.

Sometimes weight gain is related to thyroid problem, but that will have already looked at you in the analytics ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/03/2017 10:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good afternoon regina.They already looked if it was hypothyroidism and it is not.

MaríaJ's profile photo
MaríaJ
04/04/2017 6:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.