Infusion failure without pump failure

MartaM's profile photo   03/12/2018 8:04 a.m.

Hello everyone, I need to know if this happens to someone else, practically from the beginning they put the bomb to my 11 -year -old daughter last November I have been suffering repeated infusion failures in the Minimed 640 bomb. I can not get theInfusion equipment I never last for three days.In the best case two and a half days normally two days I have to change the entire infusion team.It does not give me an infusion error stopped, but insulin does not happen.It begins to be high little by little the bowling of food, correctors or basal do not pass.This happens to me practically from the beginning.
But the problem has arisen in the last 15 days I have not gotten an infusion team to last beyond day and a half has never given me the bomb.
This happens to someone everything that read on the Internet about infusion failures always talk that the pump warns them, that the pump gives error, in the pump indicates that there is a fusion failure but it does not indicate anything.
I am desperate and I don't know what happens.
I do the whole procedure, review the hydrates, review the revise ratio that does not have bubbles everything but the shit of the pump or the shit of the catheter due to the shit of the reservoir does not work.
I have spoken with the Medtronic we have tested that of blocking the bomb as they are fine but I have to change the infusion team to my daughter every 14, 16 hours 18.
Apart I am going to attach a photo of what I found in one of the reservoirs closed the supposedly sterile package.

MartaM's profile photo
MartaM
03/12/2018 8:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that no idea what can happen to you.I do not have any of those problems, I use the same bomb, the 640g, and I change the infusion team every 3 days, but I really do not notice the third day absolutely anything strange, everything works the same as the first.Insulin keep her well, refrigerated and you take it out a little before loading it in the reservoir, right?The first day of each catheter works well 100%?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/12/2018 10:50 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hi @Martam.That has only happened to me if I wear the catheter in a place with lipodystrophy (which is going badly from the beginning) or when I do a bruise.That happens to me a lot if I use my legs to put on the catheter, the first day great, but Moratón begins and the insulin works fatally.The strange thing is that it happens constantly, what catheters do you use?I had to change the obliques corque the chit-set were fatal to me .... the good thing about the oblique is that your regulas the depth of the catheter depending on whether or not there is more fat in the area ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/12/2018 11:11 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.