{'en': 'The Fede received 227,600 euros from Coca Cola', 'es': 'La FEDE recibió 227.600 euros de Coca Cola'} Image

The Fede received 227,600 euros from Coca Cola

fer's profile photo   04/04/2017 10:55 a.m.

The Spanish government has not attended the recommendation of the World Health Organization to raise taxes to soft drinks.The Diabetes Foundation says that among its objectives is not to demonstrate on this fiscal proposal.

The Diabetes Foundation received 227,600 euros between the years 2010 and 2015 from Coca Cola.The Spanish Division of the American multinational states that it will maintain collaboration with the Foundation and that their interest is that diabetics know that they can consume their sugar products.The Foundation says that it is not among its objectives to demonstrate about the proposal to increase taxes on sugary soft drinks, whose consumption is linked to the increase in obesity and diabetes.

Manuel Arroyo has been appointed new director of Coca-Cola in Spain and Portugal.

Deolo paid Manuel Arroyo 900,000 euros for saying goodbye, 2.2 M. In 15 months.

According to the information that Coca Cola publishes about the collaborations that it performs annually with institutions, organizations and universities, between 2010 and 2015 it has been increasing the money delivered to the Diabetes Foundation.The economic support that Coca Cola offers to the Spanish Foundation is used in the organization of a popular race against diabetes and for the maintenance of its website.

"Zero soft drinks, without sugar, are not the panacea in relation to diabetes," says Javier Martín, specializing in obesity surgery

In 2010, the Foundation received 4,000 euros from the company of sodas for a congress and 15,600 euros for the web;In 2011, the amount received for the web amounted to 24,000 euros;In 2012, he received 6,000 euros for the I Diabetes race, and 26,000 euros for the web.In the following years, until 2015, economic contributions have been 6,000 and 6,500 euros for the race, and 39,000 euros for the web in 2013 and 2014, and 55,000 euros in 2015. The amounts published by Coca Cola do not include VAT.

The logos of the main coca -free coca -free drinks appear in the section that the website of the Diabetes Foundation dedicates to knowing, Sprite Zero, and Aquabona.The pharmaceutical logo Novo Nordisk also appears, which sells diabetes medications.

"We do not intervene in the messages of the Foundation," says Rafael Urrialde, director of Health and Nutrition for Coca Cola Spain, in a conversation with Vozpopuli."We are interested in knowing Coca Cola's Zero brands, it is advertising for diabetics," he says.Urrialde emphasizes that Spain is a reference market in Coca Cola's policy on its sugarless drinks.At present, sales of Coca Cola Zero brands in Spain represent 36% of its total income, more than 40% in the case of its tail soda.

"If governments tax sugary drinks can save lives," says WHO

"Zero drinks, sugarless sodas, are not the panacea in relation to diabetes," says Javier Martín Ramiro, specialized in obesity surgery, author in 2012 of the doctoral thesis loading disease associated with overweight and obesity in obesity inSpain, Cum Laude from the Rey Juan Carlos University."Zero drinks have no calories, but blood glycemia do," he explains."You don't have to demonize this type of drinks," he says, "but you don't have to sell motorcycles.""What you have to do is drink water, and not carbonated drinks," he recommends, and recalls that these soft drinks also affect dental health: "enamel erosion also has to do with the citrus acid that these drinks carry."

"The Diabetes Foundation has been promoting all kinds of projects for the benefit of people for almost 20 yearsWith diabetes, "he says in an email sent to this newspaper Ana Mateo, manager of the Diabetes Foundation." In this framework, the Foundation has the collaboration and sponsorship of different institutions and companies for the start -up anddevelopment of your projects.Together with other companies from different areas, Coca-Cola is one of the companies that collaborates with the Foundation and its presence on our website is through its range of zero or low-calorie products, "he adds.

On the position of the Diabetes Foundation in the debate to raise taxes to soft drinks, Ana Mateo points out in his email that "it is not within our objectives to maintain meetings about it or manifest ourselves on this subject.""However," he adds, "from the Diabetes Foundation we think that the most important thing is to educate society and put all the necessary measures to favor that people have a healthier life (...). We consider that the drinkmain for the entire population (with and without diabetes) must always be water. "

"A can of sodas contains seven tablespoons of sugar," says Rodrigo Córdoba, of the Spanish Society of Family Medicine

The sugary soft drinks business is in the spotlight of the World Health Organization (WHO).The United Nations dependent agency launched a report last October which recommended to the states increase taxes on sugary soft drinks by 20% to reduce, in the same proportion, the consumption of these drinks."If governments tax products such as sugary drinks can avoid the suffering of many people and save lives," said Douglas Bettcher, director of the Non -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Trans -Transmissible Diseases.

In Spain, the government for the moment has not attended the WHO recommendation.Although in December last year the Minister of Finance, Cristóbal Montoro, announced that in 2017 the State would raise 200 million with a new tax that would tax sugary drinks, also to drinks such as Coca Cola Zero and the like, the measure has been parked.

The Spanish Society of Family Medicine decided in 2014 to end the relationship with Coca Cola

"There is nothing more pedagogical than a law," says Rodrigo Córdoba, coordinator of the Health Education Group of the Spanish Society of Family Medicine (SEMFYC)."In 20 years the obesity rate in Spain in children and adolescents has doubled, it is one of the highest in Europe," he warns."If serious measures are not taken, obesity and diabetes will continue to increase; education works in an appropriate regulatory context," he says, and recalls that a can of sodas "contains about seven tablespoons of sugar."

The Spain Society of Family Medicine also received financial assistance from Coca Cola, but in 2014 it decided to end that relationship.SEMFYC received 8,750 euros from the company for a Congress in Valencia in 2010, and another 5,320 euros for a Congress in Gran Canaria.The company placed a Aquarius stand at the congresses."The collaboration with Coca Cola was decided in 2010 to reduce the contributions that were being received from the pharmaceutical industry, and the food industry was thought," explains Ana Arroyo, Secretary of Semfyc."In 2014 we are already able to end the relationship, we have seen that it can also have negative consequences, and we have rectified," he adds.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/04/2017 10:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fede Forever.Does anyone know how I can give them an economic contribution and what is needed?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/04/2017 11:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'm going to be bad .... What if you ask the Coca-Cola?> :)> :)> :)> :)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/04/2017 11:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If you put taxes to Coca-Cola the DM1 should be able to deduct them since we take it exclusively to recover from sugar down.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/04/2017 1:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am a fan of Cocacola;Vale for hypos, hyper, gastroenteritis .. and rejoice a meal with the light.
It is also true that I have some friends in the US that are taken by liters, and of course it helps obesity, but in moderation there is no problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2017 1:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use it for some hypo but I also drink some coca cola at food or post sport of medium-high intensity ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/05/2017 9:01 a.m.

Coca Cola Zero is one of the worst substances that I have consumed in my life, not only an addiction but the consumption for about 4 years of 2 to 4 liters daily produced a type 2 diabetes, that the glucose does not riseIt is the great deception since it is scientifically demonstrated that zero drinks and with artificial sweeteners increase the resistance of the body to insulin, also in Spain the Coca Cola Zero contains a substance called cyclamate that is prohibited in countries as it uses and is demonstratedcancer.If you consume it sporadically, I say nothing but if you take it frequently, you will surely have your diabetic condition worse.Greetings.

josemms83's profile photo
josemms83
03/23/2024 2:45 p.m.

I am type1 and I took a can of Coca Cola Light every day for 25 years and I had no problem.

And the only thing that traces my strong descents are the entire cans of normal coca-cola.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/23/2024 4:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, the double zero coca has me hooked.Two glasses fall a fixed day.
But I notice that it is very digestive and feel good.
I will change it for water with lemon .., the lemon is also very digestive .. to see if I can.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2024 5:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

"I too," I'm regular at the Zero-Zero.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/23/2024 6:33 p.m.

I between the Zero Zero and the red with lemon of the homemade, which has hydrates, but 1.1 per 100 ml, an assumable thing.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/23/2024 8:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I believe that the post goes from donation to the Fede, because to my ma seems good, I still preferred to donate it to research, but in the absence of good bread are cakes, the Fede also defends our rights !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/23/2024 8:45 p.m.

Well, since you touch the issue @Andrespmat, I do not know in detail how the money received by the Fede is spent, I do see the occasional media campaign, and above all to its presi, which loves to make statements, also photos with politicians by agreementsachieved, etc ...

But beyond this (that some cost must have), I would like to see a list of specifically the actions and initiatives they carry out, to whom they are directed, how much money is dedicated and what are the results.

Do you have an idea of ​​whether such a list is published?

fer's profile photo
fer
03/24/2024 11:27 a.m.

I drink Coca Cola Zero Zero and Trina Zero (I discovered it not long ago and has made my life) and I do not upload glucose🤷🏼‍♀️.

The normal Coca Coca for hypos.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/24/2024 11:40 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Fer !!That is why I say that I preferred that I will donate to an investigation in the cure of diabetes !!

I was never a supporter of the foundations I always thought that many people live at the expense of them and they are also used unfortunately without paying taxes, in fact most even receive aid from governments, but better that they donate to that of diabetes than another!!

And no, I have no idea what they dedicate the money apart from what you say about taking the picture

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/24/2024 12:08 p.m.

For the descents I take a juice is always what is best, they are small tetra briks and is luxurious, the Coca Cola carries too much sugar as it is a can of 33 CL or bottles and it hits you a significant sugar of 60 raisins to200 fast and you have another problem, with the juice I am 60 I put in 140-150 and what I use if I am 75-80 and I anticipate the descent are 2 pills of choco tabs with dextrose told me the nutritionist that is better than better thanThe juice or coil that basically told me that those drinks are garbage

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
03/26/2024 1:03 p.m.

I have often needed 2 whole cans from cocacola for a low sugar.And he has never given me rebound.If it is a small drop, I take half a can that are about 15-20 gr of sugar, but I almost always needed the whole can.To put me in 100-110.

When I debuted, I used juices for the descents and since I did not go back anything, I ended up sweeping everything that had sugar from the kitchen.And then that he hit a beastly rebound.A true disaster.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/26/2024 1:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.