Now I am on the other side.

AlOtroLado's profile photo   03/15/2018 6:38 p.m.

Hello!I have been reading you and I feel like introducing myself.
I am 26 years old, recently, I am a nurse, and I have self -diagnosed with diabetes earlier this month, I will tell you how.

I have always been aware that I did not urinate too much, but I didn't drink too much, only to meals and if I was going to take something with friends ... starting from that, I was making me very strange that suddenly I needed to drink every moment,And I did not satisfy my thirst, I needed to go to the bathroom continuously, the most striking thing is that I was urgent to get up during the night and drink as if there were no tomorrow, and urinate too.Well, I was noticing this for a couple of weeks, I needed to wear a bottle of water in my backpack everywhere, and it occurred to me to weigh me: I had gone down, I noticed it, I thought I would be related to fluid retention, since he drank and urinated so much because he would retain less, and that's why he looked better.But he kept thinking about diabetes.In addition, I saw fatal, unemployed, I went to the ophthalmologist "you have nothing, it will be dry eye, get drops", I went to the optics to make me a study "problem of convergence, solution? Rehabilitative therapy, about 600 Euritos".So I told a friend nurse, since I trust her knowledge about Endocrine (not so much in mine, since endocrine and nutrition have never been issues of my liking, much to my despite ...), then sheHe said what he said!that to get out of doubt I would control glymia ..... so a Monday on an fastingA result of 263mg/dl.I started crying.I knew what was coming.I had diabetes.
I went to work, to the operating room, and I cried all day, to come and go by car, at home, I spent the rest of the day alone.To verify my finding I did another pre -retaken control, 380mg/dl, another crying ... so that afternoon I went to my head doctor, I explained the situation and told me that I would have to do a complete analytical .. blah blah blah blah... And I say "and go to the endocrine?"And he replies that the endocrine will not go without analytics!, until he makes a blood glucose and I have 447mg/dl, again cry ... change his mind and send me for the emergency ...
Until I fall into the hands of my endocrine, I enter and I already make public my new diagnosis to friends and family: to click throughout my life, (mom), forever.No one understands it, (I don't have a family history or risk factors ... I do not give me any explanation, only that it is autoimmune, wing, it touched you.You just have to fall in love with insulin, your new partner, which will always accompany you, to which you owe life.
To all this is bound that, "I am a nurse", it is supposed to know many things (thanks to having certain knowledge I did not enter ketoacidosis to enter through the ICU), many things that, I can know as a nurse, not aspatient.Now I am knowing my diabetes, I am knowing my body.
I lived the first hypoglycemia as soon as I enter."You put 10ui in a 500ml serum to pass in 1 hour," said the endocrine.I got up, noticed a little dizziness, I went to the bathroom, and when I lay down again in bed I felt a feeling that many will know, but it was something new for me, an exaggerated dizziness, I moved everything, my hands were shaking, I felttingling in the legs ... and the nurse enters the room "I'm dizzy ..." I said.She, fast, turns, goes for the glucometer and for a yogurt with sugar.29mg/dl of capillary glucose."Take this", a glass with water and sugar, delicious, and a natural yogurt with a sugar, the best yogurt that I have taken in my life!It's amazing how the body asks you for what you need.When I was already recovered, the endocrine comes and tells me "that is hypoglycemia, you know how to recognize it", noHaving the intention of provoking it, but it seems that my body had responded very fast.
Since then I sulked me slowly lantus and preingestas novorapid.I am doing it well, controls within the range, but I am still at rest, I have not done any exercise and I do not know how my body will answer.They say that I am on a honeymoon, that's why I need very little insulin, I don't know how long it will last.
I am not put in all the technology that surrounds diabetes, my endocrine and my nurse tell me little by little.I think that when I am well controlled they will offer me the bolus dispenser, with the sensor ... today I have complained to my nurse that I have my belly full of bruises (I've only been clicking on me) and put the I-Port (That's why I have been reading you) I don't know if it will be very comfortable, I take off ... I'll tell you.
By the way, my solved urgent problems, and I see wonderfully (I already called the optics to tell it, my € 600 safe).
And nothing, I feel this writing Taaan extensive, but you have motivated me to write.Until today I had no motivation to read anything about diabetes, I just wanted to know my body.I needed time without too much information.
I would love to know if there are members of Vigo and if there are any group of patients in the city.
Thanks for reading and being.

AlOtroLado's profile photo
AlOtroLado
03/15/2018 6:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I am also a nurse and I am self -diagnosis my diabetes a year ago!I am 25 now.I have felt very identified with you.In my case, towards a lot that dizzy in the gym and playing sports, or sometimes without more and with a zumito I passed me.But well, I never gave more importance.One day, in an analytics of a silly preoperative (hammer finger) I got 110 on an empty stomach.It is in the limit, but as the fly already carried after the ear for the dizziness, I asked my mother who is a family doctor, a gly.In the three weeks that it took the result of the gly, I was looking at the sugar in the hospital .. aligual that your 200-250-300 even one day 500 (I so normal).As you can imagine, I cry after crying because I knew what was happening.Above again at work, hiding in the corners of the UCI to cry.Enfin hell.Finally the gyzed and yes, 6.9.To positive antibodies, I mean what type 1.
Like you, I have neither family nor anything at all, just look, bitch.
Chica enfin, is what there is.I have been a year and I have been quite well right now ... mentalizing the punctures the rest of our lives is hard, but we hope that science advances enough for this to end.

A kiss compi

G1992's profile photo
G1992
03/15/2018 8:03 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Free + 14 ui Tresiba + rapida segun CH
Enfermera

@G1992 ooh, how I'm glad to read you!
I was also physically great in my 400, I was still tired, but I related it to work.I still don't know my autoimmunity results, or my glycosada figure, as I was doing the label, they told me little more.But I will ask.
I think this lottery helps us to be better nurses.No matter how much empathy you have, this is different.
A BESOOO

AlOtroLado
03/15/2018 8:14 p.m.

Hello!It catches my attention that they have prescribed Lantus and not toujeo, for example.
Well, you see that little by little it is accepted and you will never miss the best treatments.
Welcome to the forum!
Ah!The slow, in the buttock, is where it goes best.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2018 9:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Why does it draw your attention to be Lantus?At the moment I am putting it in my leg, alternating, recommended by my nurse.I have not punctured anything in Nalga yet.
The rapid in belly.

AlOtroLado
03/15/2018 10:01 p.m.

Because more flat and longer insulins have come out.
In the leg it hurts more and moves a lot ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2018 10:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Regina" is true, having left threeiba and toujeo it is rare that they begin and continue to recipe lantus that although it can go well is much less flat than the other two.-I understand that stubborn or ignorance of the endocrin@s.-
WELCOME @"ALOTROLADO" AND @"G1992" Mood and Toro !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/15/2018 10:32 p.m.

Yes, it hurts, itches a lot and for a little while.I told the nurse, but only bought me.XD
Thanks for the info

AlOtroLado
03/15/2018 10:32 p.m.

Ask your endocrin@ for the new basal insulins.-
And very basic, to prescribe glucagon and teach you to use it and tell you all the symptoms of hypoglycemia!It is sad that we still have to be behind nursing and endocrin@s for such basic things.- In the end

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/15/2018 10:40 p.m.

Much encouragement.

I have 23 and in May my diabetes will turn 3.I also do not have any family history, and often I still feel a bit alone with respect to this issue, it is very difficult to understand for those who do not live it in the first person.

The world came to me when I knew what I had touched and what was going to be forever.I try to take it in the best way, although there is always one day that one collapses, we are human.

He knows me very bad that I have touched you too.Of course, you will be very healthy all your life.Here we are for everything you need and more.

Courage, this will make you a lot stronger and you will have a brilliant life.We are brave.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
03/17/2018 1:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

It catches my attention that being a nurse, and having treated patients with expected diabetes two weeks and after a friend's advice to get a blood glucose control, but in your workplace there should be piles of glucometers!Or have bruises in the abdomen.I have been with diabetes for 30 years and at the beginning, when syringe with rather long needles were used, I could do any, but currently, with the feathers and needles 6 mm in length (there are even 4 mm) that does not happen.How are the needles you use? Because it is clear that you are nailing the needle to the muscle and that is why blood vessels are there.They are 31g? = The smallest are 32g;They are completely painless, both one and the other..com/Watch? V = ZVBISXS2DZG It is worth about 19 euros and lasts years, you just have to attach it to the insulin pen you are going to use and that's it.With this.You don't even find out that you have stuck a hahaha needle ^^

To measure the glucose I now have placed the free freestyle, with which to know my glycemia, a reader passed by the arm where the sensor is placed, it is the most comfortable thing there is.If you use fingers, I advise you that it doesn't hurt.It's called Accouck Softclix; Link

Cheer up, you will see that you can lead a perfectly normal life!

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
03/17/2018 7:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.