Insulin doesn't last all day?

Franco0399's profile photo   03/16/2018 12:18 a.m.

Good, I put them in context.Basaglar use (practically the same as Lantus), 34u at 10pm.The point is that in the afternoon, more or less between 4pm and 17hs begins to raise glycemia for no reason, slowly but does.Maybe insulin is not covering me 24 hours?The next visit to the diabetologist is in 3 weeks, he already told me that I can barely change me to threeiba, but they just diagnosed me at the end of high school and I have to make stationerío to be in my mother's social work again and the hospitalspublic do not have it.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
03/16/2018 12:18 a.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

I do not know how that insulin works but the normal lantus lasts 22 hours, 23 if you are lucky and less than 22 if not, so it may be the reason.I would divide the slow one in two punctures, so I take the lantus for a long time, the problem of this is that they can give you nocturnal hypos for having the peak effect of the slow night during the night.But it is assumed that the way to solve if the slow one does not arrive all day is that, dividing it into two punctures
Let's see if someone can advise you better

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
03/16/2018 1:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you put it in the morning or at noon, you can increase the dose, without danger of night hypos, and it can last 24 hours

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2018 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.