Glycemia peaks when I wake up

freshfighter's profile photo   04/18/2017 9:33 a.m.

Good morning,

I have not happened here for a long time, but I don't know who I go to two endocrineDose until reaching 7 units, due to nocturnal hypoglycemia, it is also that in this last year eutirox have put me and I am doing intense physical activity 4 days a week, my problem is that I get up with 320 blood glucose, even thoughAt 4 in the morning I am in 150, I punctuated the Kwikpen and the Lantus at the same time at dinner time, the fast I go to the reason of 4 units for ration for breakfast and food and 2 for dinner, the rest of theI am perfect day, maybe I get under meals but the fast is very square, I have no idea why these peaks in the morning.

If someone could tell me something would be helpful

All the best

freshfighter's profile photo
freshfighter
04/18/2017 9:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It can be the effect of dawn.It also happens to me

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2017 12:13 p.m.

If you spend the lantus in the morning or at noon, you can surely increase the dose without having nocturnal hypos, and reach well at 24 hours.
Anyway, now Toujeo insulin is replacing Lantus, for being flatter and longer

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2017 5:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I replaced the Lantus for Levermir, it is a prick but it is controlled much better.Anyway, he comments about the Toujeo as Regina says because it is much better as they comment.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
04/19/2017 8:19 a.m.

Thanks for small answers.As I understand the toujeo are 300uds instead of 100 like the lantus when clicksays

Of being the alba effect what should I do?

freshfighter's profile photo
freshfighter
04/19/2017 9:12 a.m.

I can help you little, I have tried your, Toujeo, Tresiba and changing schedule (tomorrow, food and night) and without result.They are going to put the bomb that is the only solution.

Apart from that, I tried to reduce hydrates in half at dinner, from 8 units to do to 4 and improve something in the sense that some tomorrow lifted well.

I see that before you had hypos at night but now that you are normal, your case could be the effect of dawn

DiabetesForo
04/19/2017 10:58 a.m.

If you have hypos at night then you have the somogyi effect

DiabetesForo
04/19/2017 11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.