{'en': 'Many doubts, just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes', 'es': 'Muchas dudas, recién diagnosticada de diabetes tipo 2'} Image

Many doubts, just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

Ubbe's profile photo   04/20/2017 9:44 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Yesterday they diagnosed my sister type 2 diabetes and is quite sunk.This afternoon I cried looking at a package of cookies (it is very glottone and sweet), and well, I would like to find help for her.

His endocrine has not given him guidelines of anything, he has only prescribed the lancet, the strips and the machine and has told him that no sweets.End. For now no oral antidiabetics or advice of anything.He didn't even know how to click today to get the Glucotest.

That is why I address you to ask for help for her:
- Do you offer Asisa/Adeslas any diabetes education service?
- Is there any type of support or association group in Cádiz that can encourage and advise it?

I think it would be very good to talk to other diabetics and family.

Thanks in advance.

Ubbe's profile photo
Ubbe
04/20/2017 9:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is that at the beginning it is hard to accept, it will be reassuring over time some kind of diabetological education would be convenient. At least to understand food.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2017 12:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Ubbe,

As your sister I am also new in this and I am also quite sweet.I think that probably after the initial scare, he spends his disgust and gets used to living with it.In the end we have no choice because our health is at stake, try to encourage her to get here so that she see that she is not alone, that that always comforts!
Consult in the ambulatory, the same has some practitioner who can give him advice and teach him to punctuate.Regarding Adeslas, I have no idea, but if you manage to find out something please share!

Greetings and a lot of encouragement !!

laurasm's profile photo
laurasm
04/21/2017 3:20 p.m.

Thanks for the reception!
@laurasm, how a nurse hears you call him "practitioner" !!!:P That's when we were girls!I am a nurse and I am giving advice and others, but of course, it is not my specialty, much less, and the diabetes issues evolve a lot.She would need what @regina says, a good diabetes educator and a group of people with the same problem with which to share concerns.I am going to find out about the coverage that Adeslas/Asisa has for these cases and I tell you.
She does not have access to social security, but maybe there is an agreement, I don't know yet!If there is nothing and either and we did not find any group, I have thought about updating me to create it.But the immediate help is that he needs it.
Thanks again!

Ubbe's profile photo
Ubbe
04/21/2017 3:49 p.m.

ubbe said:
thanks for the reception!
@laurasm, how a nurse hears you call him "practitioner" !!!:P That's when we were girls!I am a nurse and I am giving advice and others, but of course, it is not my specialty, much less, and the diabetes issues evolve a lot.She would need what @regina says, a good diabetes educator and a group of people with the same problem with which to share concerns.I am going to find out about the coverage that Adeslas/Asisa has for these cases and I tell you.
She does not have access to social security, but maybe there is an agreement, I don't know yet!If there is nothing and either and we did not find any group, I have thought about updating me to create it.But the immediate help is that he needs it.
Thanks again!

hahaha ... I was always a little old!Sorry !!:(

laurasm's profile photo
laurasm
04/21/2017 4:23 p.m.

Don't apologize!I hadn't heard it for a long time and brought me good memories: for years my practically managed to convince me that I "click without a needle."Over the years, that practitioner was my teacher.And very grateful that I am.

Ubbe's profile photo
Ubbe
04/21/2017 6:39 p.m.

Normal that I am depressed .... When they told me, I thought, well .... I can live without sweets, but when the diabetological nurse began with the list of foods with carbohydrates to control ... I came to meThe world on

Surely in Cádiz there is an association of diabetics that can help you with the issue of rations.With type 2 some sweet will eat because doing some exercise, simply walking 45 minutes, will burn it left over.Animala, does not have to make a very strict diet, just control and a little sport.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2017 12:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In Madrid I am affiliated with the Association of Diabetic

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2017 7:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I can only recommend a good diabetes article to start learning from it: Link I hope it is useful, I am convinced that the information is the first good step forget ahead and above all recover your sister's mood.Success!

aleri99's profile photo
aleri99
09/01/2017 8:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.