Can you put the Tresiba distributed twice?

PGarcía's profile photo   03/23/2018 10:46 a.m.

I know that this is a question for the endocrine, but my son has no appointment until May, and if in the meantime someone who uses threeiba and tried to put it distributed in twice a day he can give me his experience, I would appreciate it.I have read in a post of a year ago that a user @"Narciso" had tried, but his conclusion was that the Tresiba in his case did not work even once or in two.

The case of my son is different: he is currently 24u/day, and even if they say that the Tresiba has a flat effect 24h (or more), I think this is not in 100% of patients.In the case of my son, and thanks to the data provided by the freestyle and the freeview reports, it is seen that this slow insulin makes a more intense effect at 12-13 hours (approx.) If I had put it on.In such a way that if it puts it at eating (15:30), it makes the greatest effect in the early morning and thanks to that it has no night hyperglycemia, but on the other hand passes the afternoons (from 18:00 to 22:00) Very high (digest the food late) which forces you to corrected.
If instead of putting on the three at eating it, it puts it on breakfast (7:30), then it makes the greatest effect in the afternoon and avoids the hyperglycemia in the afternoon, but at the expense of spoiling the nights and thenAt 4 in the morning it can reach 250 or more (it also has late digestions for dinner) and I have to correct the poor while sleeping.

UPLOAD THE TROTAL UNITS OF TRESIBA We have also tried but then give him frequent hypoglycemia in school during classes, and it is not a plan ...

So that's why I think to try to distribute the three of you (12u to breakfast and 12u to food) to see if we solve something ...

Another solution could be to change the novorapid for a mixed insulin, Novomix 70 (70% quickly and 30% slow) at dinner to try to counteract night hyperglycemia, and put the 24u of Tresiba at breakfast.

I would appreciate the advice of those who have experience with this topic.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/23/2018 10:46 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

You can also change to Toujeo, it usually goes better than the three and lasts 24 hours.
To put it twice, it will be a matter of testing, although the graph has a tail that can be overwhelmed.It may be that the Tresiba problem is that dose overwhelm.
Try with toujeo, which is an improved lantus
Meanwhile, you can try the Novomix, just like that it is only solved.
In the end, when reactions are known, there is always some solution.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2018 2:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much @"regina", is what you say, in the end there is no other than to try.I study the graphs, the patterns, and I devote my brains to find opportunities for improvement.In the end my head will explode ;-)

In May I will tell the endocrine of Novomix 70. It can be a good solution.Meanwhile we launched the Tresiba twice.To prove that it is not.Luckily he is a very responsible kid and is involved in the control of his diabetes.A hug.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/23/2018 3:26 p.m.

@"Pgarcía" You don't have a phone from your nurse educator@?.In my hospital Lal educator has a mobile phone with it and serves you at any time in the morning and if you do not ask the phone of the endocrine consultation and that pass you with the nurse and explain the case and that you give you a guideline to followalthough most likely I tell you to wait for the May consultation.-

According to @regina, there are people who are phenomenal to three.To have patience to put it at a certain hour and in the end I changed to Toujeo and in my case it was for the better, the only advice I can give you is that you have patience because I believe that these "flat" insulins costs more assimilate them by the body.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/23/2018 8:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @"sigsauer", yes, I fear that if I consult with the educators they will send me to the endocrine in May.Nor do I reproach it.This diabetes is unfortunately for a lifetime, and walking with a hurry can in the end be counterproductive.Patience is what you have to have, as you say.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/23/2018 9:04 p.m.

Hello, it would be better to wait for the endocrine in case of not being able to with educator, because I do not think that three can be put twice since its duration is maximum 42h.
I have been with her for a while and it costs me;I put it 10.30 in the morning and how do not cenes very light is what you say, climb from 2h.I have slow digestions and I get the quick after dinner and food according to glycemia.Greetings

091975's profile photo
03/24/2018 3:42 a.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

I have tried to put it 2 times and if it has gone better, I have not stuck the nights but at least I do not get up with 300 and peak.
Now I have changed to Toujeo and I think it is better ...
I would try ... after all, this damn diabetes at the end is test-error

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/24/2018 11:32 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Surely it is true that the Tresiba begins to take effect after about 12 hours of the administration, in my case, I have climbs during the night and until the morning that they could be due to this, since I manage it when I will goTo sleep.On the other hand it seems to me that 24 U/DAY OF TRESIBA are many but I have no knowledge to affirm it, also of the rest I can not comment, for example of whether or not you can divide the dose of threeiba, or other drugs are better, thisThe endocrine has to say, and we have to do the whole case.But we must also demand that they are very a day and that they are constructively involved in improving dosages and guidelines.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
03/24/2018 1:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @"091975" and @"gala", I really do not see much risk in putting the three -in 2 times.Although 42h lasts, what will happen is that one dose will overlap with another, but it is supposed to do so now with a single dose.I am encouraged to know that Gala tried it in his day and noticed improvement.It will be a matter of trying for example for example, and seeing what happens ... test-y-error, as Gala says.

Anyway in May I will tell the Endocrine about Novomix, because dinners are a battle from the beginning.As says 091975, unless dinner is light (which we have ever tried), at 3:00 in the morning there is safe hyperglycemia, even the days that makes more sport.But light dinners cannot do because it has an BMI of 17.2% and they have told us that you have to upload it, that it has to make a 5+10+10 portions of HC at least, and it is difficult to make a light dinner thatInclude 10 rations of HC ...

So that is my fight (like everyone's that in this forum): try to maintain a hem below 7, based on fighting every day with doses and types of insulin, schedules, punctures, rations of fast and slow hydrates,Avoid hyperglycemia, prevent hypoglycemia, ... anyway.I no longer remember what I spent my time before.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/24/2018 1:22 p.m.

Totally agree, @"ton", of course I am reluctant to make decisions on my own without the approval of the endocrine.Luckily we have an excellent doctor, who has treated my son with a lot of love since the first momentThey are very good.
But of course, it is not a matter of being calling them and asking every day the thousand doubts that go through my head.And I also aspire to have some autonomy in making day -to -day decisions (and my son also has it, of course).That is why I am losing the fear of the topic-y-error theme ... In the end this is for a lifetime and we must live with it in the best way.There is no other remedy.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/24/2018 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.