{'en': 'Learn to eat healthy away from home if you have diabetes', 'es': 'Aprende a comer sano fuera de casa si tienes diabetes'} Image

Learn to eat healthy away from home if you have diabetes

fer's profile photo   04/18/2017 4:37 p.m.

Eating healthy on the street is not impossible, there is only to know how to do it ...

Having diabetes, a healthy and balanced diet must be followed, which is simple when you eat at home, but what to do when you are out of home?

For anyone, have diabetes or not, eating healthy away from home can become one of the most difficult missions, because among the main food offers, junk food predominates, which is rich in fat and salt.

However, this does not mean that it is impossible, it is only necessary to know how to eat.

Therefore, if you have diabetes and you do not know how to maintain a balanced diet when you are out of home, something very common on vacation, then we tell you some tips that will help you.

Find out about the dishes

Having diabetes, a healthy and balanced diet must be followed, which is simple when you eat at home, but what to do when you are out of home?

For anyone, have diabetes or not, eating healthy away from home can become one of the most difficult missions, because among the main food offers, junk food predominates, which is rich in fat and salt.

However, this does not mean that it is impossible, it is only necessary to know how to eat.

Therefore, if you have diabetes and you do not know how to maintain a balanced diet when you are out of home, something very common on vacation, then we tell you some tips that will help you.

Ask those in charge of the establishment how the dishes are prepared and avoid all those that are fried or accompanied by heavy sauces.

Choose the roasted

You can choose lean meat, chicken or fish whenever the grill is roasted, climbing or cooked in the oven.

Choose low -fat foods

For you to guide you about what to ask, ask the waiter to show you the low -fat food menu that all restaurants have.

do not eat more

Do not feel that you must leave the dish totally clean or that you must fill it with food.

Serve adequate portions and even if you like it a lot, do not exceed.

, don't ignore the salad bar

Add vegetables to your dishes and choose low calorie dressings.If there are no, ask them to put them to the side of your dish so you can eat it in moderation.

Don't forget your insulin

If you know that your food will be delayed, take your insulin in time and properly.

While the time of the food comes, you can eat a fruit or other snack that does not feel bad.

care with desserts

Having diabetes does not mean that desserts are prohibited, but you should only eat them in moderation.

You can eat a little of your favorite cake, if you do it in low portions and preferably made without sugar or with substitutes for it.

To know which you can eat, go with your doctor.

(With information from Harvard Medical School)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/18/2017 4:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

How many obvious in a single article (avoid fat and fried and replace sugars with sweeteners) and I loved "take your insulin in time and properly."= D> What always took her out of time and inappropriately, thankfully they have warned us and in such a concrete and useful way.=)

And now seriously, the problem that I see in restaurants is that the vegetables in most make them fatal and always end up asking for rice or pasta.Having many HC and not fiber, then I have more peaks during the day than at home.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/18/2017 5:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@"Sherpa41" Agree with you with the comment of the obvious, although I think there are a lot of people who go unnoticed, especially at the beginning.

On what you say about the vegetables, just today I have eaten a green beans with ham in restaurant, for prudence I have thrown low with insulin, and to my surprise, I have had a rush (325 mg/dl), you think it is explained withWhat have you commented?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/18/2017 7:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Basically he says he eats well, put the insulin well and for concrete and useful things consult your doctor.:-@

Were they fried or boiled?I imagine that the fried are not very healthy, to me everything fried I get much more than what because of their HC ration I should get on.But boiled vegetables are usually quite bad, so ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/18/2017 7:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

They were fried and with ham to pieces ...

fer's profile photo
fer
04/18/2017 8:22 p.m.

They probably had a lot of fat @"fer" even if they were made with olive oil, it is still fat

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/18/2017 9:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

When he eats out, my daughter gets double almost at home.Apart from eating more and dessert included, they are meals with more fats and digest more slowly,
If I had to eat it was every day, I imagine that I would throw more salads and protein ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2017 11:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.