Carla63, new type 2 with slow insulin

Carla63's profile photo   04/20/2017 8:47 a.m.

Good afternoon,

I am type II diabetic and I just started to put insulin of the slow absorption 10 units.1 time a day.

I have been injecting for 10 days ((my glucosylated hemoglobin was 11.6 ten days ago) and the basal ones do well, the problem is that the postprandial is sometimes high (190-220) and I do not understand that it happens only sometimes.

I exercise, I follow a strict diet and I fear that I do something that I should not.

Maybe it's normal to get off?

Carla63's profile photo
Carla63
04/20/2017 8:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

you may need some fast insulin or pill in meals.Is that slow insulin does not metabolize hydrates ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2017 4:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Carla, calm that you only have been adapting your body yet.Nothing happens, for now, because promptly it goes up to 200, if you continue like that, your endocrine will change your insulin or send you to put it on another hour.It is also possible that the peak coincides with some intake of rapid absorption hydrates.When you detect the climb, take note of what you have eaten to see if that can be.

Regina slow insulin metabolizes hydrates slowly, that's why you can find some peak if you drink rapid absorption hydrates ..

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/21/2017 7:25 p.m.

Thank you!Let's see, I return to the endocrine on 27. Thank you very much!

Carla63's profile photo
Carla63
04/23/2017 11:50 a.m.

Thanks Runing, the truth is that I have no experience with insulin and I am a bit scared.
The climb has been after a normal breakfast, but as you say still a short time.

Carla63's profile photo
Carla63
04/23/2017 11:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.