Regulate basal insulin

Dido's profile photo   03/30/2018 1:22 p.m.

Hello, I have a little problem, I am a diabet for 4 years, the lada guy. The case is that my pancreas must be producing insulin even, since I only put 13 units of touxelo at 15 hours.
The first thing I wanted to ask you is how many basal units does a person need?The educator tells me that I use very few, so my pancreas must work.
Apart from this, I tell myself that I have to be very aware of the difference between the blood value at night after dinner, the 4 in the morning and to awaken, since if the value drops more than 40It supposes that being disconsolately basal.
The fact is that I work in shifts and it is hard for me to regulate schedules and meals, but these days
I am measuring those values ​​to see if I am past basal and instead of 13 units I would need, 12 or less.
Well, I can go from 189 when I lay at 108 in the morning, or from 161 to 72.
Today I will make a more detailed profile to see what I can do, it is that I understand that the basal is very important and if everything is not well regulated.
On the other hand I am trying to look good about the portions of the HC (already changing the subject and speaking of the rapWhat I have the machine that tells you the insulin that you have to wear.
I would appreciate if you could advise me, especially with the basal.

Dido's profile photo
Dido
03/30/2018 1:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you go down so much at night, you will have to lower the basal, a unit, and look.
The rice and potatoes, rise very fast. Make them with vegetables.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/30/2018 1:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @"Dido":
I tell you that the quantity, theoretical, of insulin (total: fast + slow) that a person needs (regardless of sex, age or other condition, menstruation type), is of:
0.5 ... 1.0 units / day / kg.
Of this amount, up to 55%, is used as a basal insulin.
Now I will create many enemies, since several people will say that, during pregnancy or in such a special situation, they used 200 ... 250 units per day.This seems to me a barbarity that is only justified by little knowledge and that these people who qualify as "doctors" (endocrine and similar) that recommend these solutions, would better do again study.
When there is a lot of insulin resistance, you can always try a prudent amount of insulin, oral antidiabetics of insulin resistance reduction (not for type 1), moderate diet and/or punctual exercise.
In short, discipline, discipline, discipline !!!
You also have to know that basal insulin needs throughout the day are different.So be careful with "flat" insulins.
Finally, the calculation of the dose of basal insulin is performed in the same way as for the insulin of the bowling (remember that the rapid insulin is the same as the slow insulin, with the difference that in the slow insulin some excipients are added [substances [substancesPH dependent] that cause the delay in the activation of the insulin molecule).Glycemia values ​​are used before and after a period of time and the person's insulin sensitivity factor.
And of course, a lot of essay and error (like everything in diabetes).

And now the good news:
The Medtronic Minimed 670G insulin bomb performs the "regulation" of basal insulin without anyone's intervention.Only, the Enlite III sensor must be used to measure glycemia continuously.
Unfortunately, this bomb is not in Spain, but the thousands of users who have already tried it in the US, indicate wonders.It is expected that for 2019 ... 2020 can get here (although there is nothing written).
But getting an insulin pump is a "slow" process, so you can imitate a basal insulin pattern by feathers, with many applications (every 4 hours) of fast insulin (in very small doses, but different in each application -certainlyaround 2 units in your case-).This is a torment.There is no person who endures more than a year in this way.
There are rapid insulin feathers with half -units dosage (Novo Echo) for some "solution" that can be found.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/31/2018 12:59 p.m.

Hello, thanks to the two of answering, if I will get off today and look to see how such,Units a day in total between fast and slow, of which half are slow, is it so?

Dido's profile photo
Dido
03/31/2018 4:08 p.m.

Yeah.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/31/2018 6:03 p.m.

dido said:
hello, thanks to both for answering, if I get off today and look to see how such, I think I am a little decompensated, so you say mamarvazq I understand that a personOf 65 kilos you have to put between 32.5 and 65 units a day in total between fast and slow, of which half are slow, is it so?

Each body needs one thing.There are no rules.The amount of insulin you need does not mark any rule, but it is the one that keeps you in good figures, there are no more

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/01/2018 5:44 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.