What do you do facing a hicc?

Paco_Marmol's profile photo   04/02/2018 8:01 p.m.

Hello.
I have doubts about how to solve an episode of hypoglycemia.My doctor has always told me that before a descent, that eats, that I do not hesitate and eat.But the thing is that if I act like this and how, in the end I have a rebound effect and after a while I am in a very high hyper.Then, as I overwhelm myself, I reduce what I eat and end at another hypo.And so I, as in a roller coaster, from hyper to hip and hyper to hyper.How do you solve hypoglycemia episodes?
Thank you.
Paco

Paco_Marmol's profile photo
Paco_Marmol
04/02/2018 8:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first, what do you eat?When are you eating?

When in doubt, if you cannot check sugar, eat, it is what they have always told me, and with certainty, because more, of course.But you don't have to eat as if there were no tomorrow, some nights is what I was doing.

It is recommended, sugary drinks, I take a little less than half a glass of juice, wait 15 minutes and see how sugar evolves.Depending on whether there is fast insulin activates one or two cookies once stabilized, to stay.
Other options, a couple of sugarly dissolved in water ....
I carry some mini snacks in my bag, in case it catches me on the street, they climb me between 35 and 55, quickly because it is cookie crushed so that according to one or two.
They sell pure glucose too, very comfortable but very expensive.
In general, eat 15 grams of HC of rapid absorption, which do not need to be deferred and you have to wait at least 15 minutes to test how it works to you.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/02/2018 8:50 p.m.

Better drink.Juice or cocacola.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/02/2018 10:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, I usually eat as if there were no tomorrow, because my first endocrine already told me that while I felt bad, to eat.And, of course, you start eating and you don't stop feeling bad in a good time.And then the rebound is presented.I am going to listen to you and I will try drinking half a glass of juice or coca-cola, to see how.
Thanks for the tips.
Paco.

Paco_Marmol's profile photo
Paco_Marmol
04/02/2018 10:25 p.m.

A glass

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/02/2018 10:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I take juices or glucose gel, 15-20 grams, you also have to take into account if you have fast insulin acting, in that case you have to eat something else.And remember that glycemia normally rises before symptoms disappear

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/03/2018 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

The first years hit my binge.Now I take a sugar overlog and two or three cookies.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/03/2018 6:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.