{'en': 'Tip on whether to use insulin pump, or not?', 'es': 'Consejo sobre si utilizar Bomba de Insulina, o no?'} Image

Tip on whether to use insulin pump, or not?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/28/2017 11:37 a.m.

Good, I am new in this I have been in Type1 diabetes for 2 years, I am currently with apridra and lessbetween the rapid and the slow and the corrections about 10 times a day.

When I do some exercise, I get a bit of a mess.

I have read that insulin bombs make life easier and better controlled, but they also have their inconveniences to sleep, go to the beach in summer etc.

One of my endocrine doctors tells me that being well controlled with the free, better not to carry the bomb, another tells me that the bomb that has athlete patients who carry it is better.

Someone could advise me if it is better or worse, advantages and disadvantages.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2017 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Antonimar, I do not carry a bomb, but clicking 10 times a day seems like a burial.From what I have read the people who carry bomb are delighted but have the inconveniences you have said before.Maybe you should give yourself more time, before deciding, and try, make corrections that would not have needed and cause me a hypo.Then, to lower the high levels instead of getting more insulin you can try to compensate them doing exercise, since it seems that you have ease for them, it is what I do and it is phenomenal, for example a few days ago I was in 220 and I put myselfto run 3/4 of an hour, at the beginning soft and then stronger, and when I finished I was at 110.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/28/2017 12:19 p.m.

The flexibility of a bomb is brutal ... to be able to get temporary basal to go out to do sports or simply walk ... to be able to make small corrections of 0.2 - 0.3 units is milk ... The pump is ideal with an MCG (continuous meterof glucose), I know it is expensive but it is so.

Disadvantages ... Well, it is clear ... a break to always take the body and if you do not carry MCG it could be dangerous if you get stuck cateter or there is any mechanical failure (ketoacidosis) and the MCG does not warn.Current bombs are whistling like crazy if the infusion stops, the latter should not be dangerous but the risk is there.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/28/2017 1:07 p.m.

Why do you check before asking for the bomb to say your endocrine that changes you from a three -way to three -yearYou have to make so many corrections, because the basal does not cover you all day

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/28/2017 3:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you all for the advice.
Gala already tried threehiba and it didn't work for me, I didn't get well we don't know why he decided to go to Levimir and the bad thing is that it works better but you have the roll of punctures.
thank you

DiabetesForo
04/29/2017 9:03 a.m.

Hello.I have been with the bomb since November, five months alone, but it is enough for me so little time not to want to do without it.
The truth is that using or not pump will depend on the needs of each one.For me personally in my work it helps me a lot, because depending on the turn, the activity to have ... I use some basal or others.The same as the possibility of putting minimal insulin doses, that a unit were often too much for me.
Since I have the bomb I feel much better, although this is still a constant struggle.I have also had several acetone episodes and the theme of bubbles ...:-/ that I get a lot, but well ... little by little and learn.

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
05/01/2017 1:16 a.m.

leticia21 said:
hello.I have been with the bomb since November, five months alone, but it is enough for me so little time not to want to do without it.
The truth is that using or not pump will depend on the needs of each one.For me personally in my work it helps me a lot, because depending on the turn, the activity to have ... I use some basal or others.The same as the possibility of putting minimal insulin doses, that a unit were often too much for me.
Since I have the bomb I feel much better, although this is still a constant struggle.I have also had several acetone episodes and the theme of bubbles ...:-/ that I get a lot, but well ... little by little and learn.
Thanks Leticia, I already have doubts not for the efficacy of the bomb that I know, if not to take it everywhere, and in summer how is it done ??And to sleep ??
On the other hand I have read that the smart bomb will soon come out, that it will do all the functions alone, put insulin and glucabon
Enfin thanks

DiabetesForo
05/01/2017 11:11 a.m.

@"Antonimar" when sleeping at first you are very careful ... but I don't even remember the pajamas pants and voila.With respect to day by day because I hooked her in the bra and goes unnoticed and I don't remember her except when she sounds or vibrates for some alarm ...
In the case of the boys I will not know what to do it to take it as comfortable as possible.
The beach and pool in summer are things that I have not experienced yet.I only went to Holy Week to the beach.At first I felt weird ... observed ... but I think it was my best ... Then I forget her and enjoy the beach day with the family.
If you see that you will favor you fight for her and for allssss.

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
05/01/2017 5:24 p.m.

leticia21 said:
@"antonimar" when sleeping at the beginning you are very careful ... but I don't even remember the pajamas pants and voila.With respect to day by day because I hooked her in the bra and goes unnoticed and I don't remember her except when she sounds or vibrates for some alarm ...
In the case of the boys I will not know what to do it to take it as comfortable as possible.
The beach and pool in summer are things that I have not experienced yet.I only went to Holy Week to the beach.At first I felt weird ... observed ... but I think it was my best ... Then I forget her and enjoy the beach day with the family.
If you see that you will favor you fight for her and for allssss.

OK thanks

DiabetesForo
05/01/2017 6:47 p.m.

antonimar said:
leticia21 said:
hello.I have been with the bomb since November, five months alone, but it is enough for me so little time not to want to do without it.
Thanks Leticia, I already have doubts not for the efficacy of the bomb that I know, if not to take it everywhere, and in summer how is it done ??And to sleep ??
On the other hand I have read that the smart bomb will soon come out, that it will do all the functions alone, put insulin and glucabon
Enfin thanks

Good morning
For commenting on that of the smart bomb is the biggest lie that they have always been able to say, they are only commercial issues to sell more and give advertising, that commercial house is that it takes us for fucking fools.As long as there is no instant action insulin and at the moment and a continuous glucose meter than from glucose in real time and also at the moment it is impossible for a smart pump to come out.You would have such a amount of glycemia peaks that you would be the worst controlled person in the world and with serious problems for having so many peaks.

I particularly use the animas Vibe does not bubble any of those who carry it.

I usually practice some sport and it does not prevent me from doing it also with bomb when you know how to use it is much simpler.

In summer I bathe with the bomb without any problem I do Sports being several hours with her and I have never had any problem.

The issue of having acetone for a bomb is because it has stopped entering insulin as a consequence in most times of the bubbles.

Both to sleep, and to do sports, as for the beach I always have it hooked with the clamp, it is another part of my life when you have not noticed it for a while.

No person has the same basal needs throughout the day, what allows you to put the right insulin in each section of the day how basal insulin.

To put a bomb you have to listen to opinions of people who carry it, talk to people, I do not know anyone who has taken one and have removed it, they only told me once a case but it was not that person who hadremoved without her sister and had taken her by pregnancy.

The pump is not the solution to everything, it helps a lot but you have to have a good formation, be prepared technologically, and be sure that you want to take it.

More than once the theme bomb has come out if or not

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/01/2017 11:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
antonimar said:
leticia21 said:
leticia21 said:
Hello.I have been with the bomb since November, five months alone, but it is enough for me so little time not to want to do without it.
Enfin thanks

Good morning
For telling you about the smart bomb, it is the biggest lie that they have always been able to say are only commercial issues to sell more and take that commercial house that takes us for fucking fools.As long as there is no instant action insulin and at the moment and a continuous glucose meter than from glucose in real time and also at the moment it is impossible for a smart pump to come out.You would have such a amount of glycemia peaks that you would be the worst controlled person in the world and with serious ones for having so many peaks.

I usually practice some sport and it does not prevent me from doing it also with bomb when you know how to use it is much simpler.

In summer I bathe with the bomb without any problem I do Sports being several hours with her and I have never had any problem.

The issue of having acetone for a bomb is because it has stopped entering insulin as a consequence in most times of the bubbles.

Both to sleep, and to do sports, as for the beach I always have it hooked with the clamp, it is another part of my life when you have not noticed it for a while.

No person has the same basal needs throughout the day, what allows you to put the right insulin in each section of the day how basal insulin.

To put a bomb you have to listen to opinions of people who carry it, talk to people, I do not know anyone who has taken one and have removed it, they only told me once a case but it was not that person who hadremoved without her sister and had taken her by pregnancy.

The pump is not the solution to everything, it helps a lot but you have to have a good formation, be prepared technologically, and be sure that you want to take it.

Ok thanks for the information

DiabetesForo
05/02/2017 1:33 p.m.

antonimar said:
jconegar said:
antonimar said:
antonimar said:
leticia21 said:
leticia21 said:
leticia21 said:
leticia21 said:
Enfin thanks

Good morning
For telling you about the smart bomb, it is the biggest lie that they have always been able to say are only commercial issues to sell more and take that commercial house that takes us for fucking fools.As long as there is no instant action insulin and at the moment and a continuous glucose meter than from glucose in real time and also at the moment it is impossible for a smart pump to come out.You would have such a amount of glycemia peaks that you would be the worst controlled person in the world and with serious ones for having so many peaks.

Ok thanks for the information

You have to read everything with lead feet, there is a special laboratory that usually tries to tease continuously.We are their benefits account, they think they can shut up but it is clear that when you have to think it is related and if it harms any diabetic partner, not a laboratory of my comments, with us nobody plays.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2017 11:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.