{'en': 'Is sugar really the cause of diabetes?', 'es': '¿De verdad es el azúcar la causa de la diabetes?'} Image

Is sugar really the cause of diabetes?

fer's profile photo   04/28/2017 5:50 p.m.

Insulin resistance is the reason for type 2 diabetes. Although the pancreas segregue, the organism needs more to process sugars, to such an extent that it is insufficient in people who develop the disease.

What is not so clear is why this resistance occurs.It is known that obesity, smoking and lack of exercise increase the probability of developing it.DNA has the key, as there is a genetic predisposition.

As Eduard Montanya, director of the Biomedical Research Center for Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Diseases, explains, people who have fully competent beta cells, even in cases of sedentary lifestyle and obesity, will never suffer diabetes.A study published in Cell Reports suggests that the NAT2 gene can be behind the inability of muscle and fat cells to process sugar.

When silenced it in rats, it was found that its metabolic functions were distrustful.Your study can open another field to avoid type 2 diabetes. But as it is not yet clear what genetic predisposition is, and being the healthy habits recommended for all people, regardless of this disease, the objective that seeks public health isthat the population does not fall into the claws of sedentary lifestyle and obesity.

In any case, food and food play an essential role.For example, the proliferation of sugary drinks has triggered the incidence of this evil.Not necessarily because sugar has a direct relationship, but as an indirect cause, through associated weight gain.The exercise is not only recommended because it helps control the weight, but because it improves the absorption of sugar and prevents this chronic evil.

For those who suffer from it, it is also very beneficial, since it increases insulin sensitivity.New guidelines of the American Diabetes Association recommend that, beyond regular exercise, those who suffer from the ailment carry out a light activity every thirty minutes during the prolonged periods in which they are sitting.It's about walking and stretching to improve blood glucose management.With three minutes it is enough.For them, controlling sugar intake is crucial, since they need to have an insulin amount to process it that they cannot produce.

According to Doctor Montanya, it is also necessary to restrict glucose to zero.You have to moderate it a lot, yes, and control when it is taken, since the mechanisms of the body are not the same, for example, on an empty stomach and after eating.Thus, a sugar input with an empty stomach can greatly affect a diabetic, but not so much if this amount occurs after meals.Artificial sweeteners are the alternative for them, for example, in a coffee, but Montanya considers that you can make a very moderate sweet product and at adequate moments.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2017 5:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Fer, I haven't communicated to everyone for a long time.My emotional state did not leave me.But today I read something I wanted to share.In research and advances on diabetes.Diabetes ascendía.es.and other websites.They talk about the origin of type1 diabetes,.I would like you to see it, have you think, or do you think.I have looked here, but since it is so new I do not clarify.And another thing ... Tuebingen Grill Study demonstrates higher levels of glycemia after rich meals in fat and proteins.As I read it.I have noticed the same in myself, and I think it is important apparently fats and proteins are made hydrates.In short I wanted to write.Thank you.

Elo's profile photo
Elo
04/29/2017 1:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The fat and proteins is something that I also observe, but the beak occurs 3 or 4 hours after the intake

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
04/30/2017 12:30 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.