{'en': 'Continuous, comparative meters.(Dexcom vs Freestyle Libre vs Guardian)', 'es': 'Medidores continuos, Comparativa. (Dexcom vs FreeStyle Libre vs Guardian)'} Image

Continuous, comparative meters.(Dexcom vs Freestyle Libre vs Guardian)

Regina's profile photo   04/06/2018 1:22 a.m.

El Free, Dexcom, Guardian ..

Del Free seems that they do not admit new customers.

And between the Dexcom and the Guardian?

Can you share information to compare: reliability, size, cost?

Thank you!!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/06/2018 1:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In reliability the three behave very well.It is true that both Free and Guardian have more variability between sensors (some measure better than others), but guardian (I use the enlite version for pumps) Siemore maintains the margin of accuracy it promises, while Free seems to have some sensors that come out"frog".Regarding Dexcom, I cannot speak very well of him, why my experience was not positive: the application of G5 is somewhat cumbersome, the size is quite large in front of Free and Guardian and lost a signal in a quite frequent way.In addition, after 7 days of use, the second week gave me incoherent data, interrogations and jumps in the graph.This is something individual, which happened to me, with what you do not trust together with this that I tell you about the dexcom, since it is normal for people to stretch the DEXCOM much more and some arrive with very good measurements to the3 weeks of use.By ease of application and comfort, of course, Freestyle gains ... and in a matter of numbers and accuracy data the least accurate is the Medtronic System, Aubque already says that I currently use and behaves exceptionally well and preciseto capillary.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/06/2018 11:25 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I can only tell you about Dexcom, which is the one I use.The G4.For me the alarms are essential, and the duration of the sensors in my case is usually 28 days, so I amorted the expense.It gives me peace of mind and I have lowered the hem, I had never been so controlled the truth.Especially at night, since if you go up and make you insulin, you don't have to wake up to do a blood glucose.That is why I would discard thinking of the free and would take a safe MCG.Initial expenditure I think there are 1300, includes a box of 4 sensors.But better call Novalab to explain you, if there are offers, etc.

In size, let's see, smaller it would be better, it stands out a bit.But a little, it is not exaggerated.I carry it in the upper buttock, in summer the bikiniOne year nobody has asked me, it shows little.

The measurements are quite successful except sometimes, I do not know why, that there are important differences (of 50), and what they explained is that you have to calibrate it again, 3 times every 15 minutes, and it is solved.But it is usually quite reliable, and the greater the better stability.

The technique to put it must be learned but it is not difficult, they are several steps, and once you have put several sensors you get by heart.

I do not know what the Guardian will be how it costs or hard, I hope that the future MCGs that leave have more and more duration apart from reliability and smaller size, because it is much more comfortable to change the sensor once a month than once a week.

Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/06/2018 11:53 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello!Well, I can only talk about free :))
I carry the free + bluon that for the case is an MCG.I have thought many times about throwing the patches through the window and going to another brand, when the sensors take a month, when you touch you a "frog" as JPR says, when it gives me allergy ... but I look and rowAll options and in the end is that I don't see a better for me .....
I was seriously thinking of moving on to Enlite, problems:
-He I want to look at how my glycemia is going to have the bomb from where I carry it?No need to carry anything.
-The sensor change, every 14 days, it seems silly the same but I do so coincide with the day of the week that comes best to me, in my case on Sunday, in the afternoon, that I am at home, calm, with glycemic stability... about changing it every 6 days for me is a problem because there are days that I do not pass home and it seems to me, a priori, a little cumbersome about the calibrations every 2 h and then at 6h .... it forces you a littleTo change it in the morning, and how do you know that at 6 hours you will not be just food or tracing a hypo?I don't know....
-The insertion ..... from what I have seen, it is the simplest of all
-The price, no comments
-O operating system .... Well, the good of the free is that it is worth both for Android and iOS, today I have no intention of spending the Apple world so I also threw back with Guardian Connect, because onlyconnects iOS ...
-In the case of the Dexcom, it is clear that for what I have been able to read they are the most reliable, but it is true that their high price does not compensate for me for now, because as I have already mentioned before, with the free+blacon I haveAll the alarms that I want, on the mobile, on the Smart Watch and on the Internet.It is true that if the G6 has greater accuracy, it is smaller and at the price it will come out more or less well and connect with Android because it would clearly choose it but I fear that that will not be so: D
-I also carry the free in the upper part of the gluteo that covers it with the panties, bikini, etc. and occupies very little, with the blucon it occupies a little more but I would not know if more or less than the other options.
I believe that the choice of each device depends only on the user, I already tell you that many times I want to change it, especially for the allergies, but read and read and I cannot find anything substantially better.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/06/2018 12:42 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Summarizing a lot I would say:

Freestyle Free : Pros: Price (in quotes and depends for whom) -Fácil insertion and placement- no calibrations (if you get good).
Cons: It has no alarms (if you don't put another device on top)- Dermatological allergies and price (it is the cheapest between 3 but it depends on who will be very expensive)
Guardian connect
Cons: only mobile application available for iPhone and iPod- Insertion of the sensor quite complicated-price (it is between free and DEXCOM)- 2 daily calibrations (if not facilitates glycemias)
dexcom : Pros: Theoretically it is the best and the most reliable- Dexcom G6 (no calibrations are needed, new applicator very easy to use and transmitter more thin)- Connectivity with different insulin and omnipod pumps.
Cons: very high initial price or investment and duration and price of the transmitter.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/06/2018 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am as Erpla, free use and there are days that I want to change, but it is comfortable and easy to apply, in my case I have no allergies, but Abbott leaves much to be desired.
I looked at the Dexcom, I would compensate if it lasted at least 15 days, but since it is an unknown (they guarantee 7 days) I do not dare to disburse 900 euros (without recipient and treatment of 1 month) so waiting for Miao MiaoTo do MCG and have alarms.
I have no problems with reliability, the differences are not alarming, even putting the sensor with rapid insulin even active breakfast.
I have had 2 replacements of 12 sensors, one only asked for change, the other took off the adhesive sensor itself.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/06/2018 7:21 p.m.

For me none, who today to measure glycemia has to be as a result of carrying something stabbing 24 hours is illogical and incoherent.All seem expensive for what they offer, especially in technology (Bluetooth connection and mobile app), alarms is the only thing that I see advantageous to anticipate.I understand the role they have to give a "tranquility" to the person who uses it and the rest of piercing the fingers every day.In comparison between them, nor fucking the good of each one, you manage to create a good product and much less economical.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/06/2018 7:50 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

An note, the Dexcom must be calibrate every seven days mandatory, and twice a day but not at the moment.I mean, he asks for calibration every day with the image of a droplet of blood, but does not stop making the measurements.In fact, I have time without calibrating and does not lose reliability.
I have not stopped doing some glycemia with the glucometer (I suppose no one) and I take the opportunity to calibrate it with the blood glucose before breakfast and with the one before I went to sleep.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/06/2018 10:52 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Thank you very much for so much and so good information

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/07/2018 12:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

By the way, the Dexcom G6 sensor seems that it will not be ableBut stretching the sensors until 3-4 weeks was matched in price with the rest, it seems to me that this is also over.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/07/2018 2 p.m.

sigsauer said:
by the way, the Dexcom G6 sensor seems that it will not be ablethat it continued giving reliable values ​​so if the product was already expensive but stretching the sensors until 3-4 weeks it was paired in the rest, it seems to me that this is also over .-

@"Sigsauer", where have you read that?It would be a shame, of course.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/09/2018 11:37 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

In the last video of the thread it is explained by the girl very well and in all the videos I have seen on YouTube they say the same.They have created software for the sensor to die at 10 days and cannot be restarted.I imagine that XDRIP or someone will already invent something to be able to restart it.-

They say that they do it because as it will not be necessary to calibrate even only for 10 days and for the safety of the users.- And I say that they let it stretch although after the tenth day you have to calibrate it 2 times a day do not...

Link

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/09/2018 12:51 p.m.

Here I share a topic in which Dexcom and free freeyle were compared.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/09/2018 1:11 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

maritxu22 said:
I can only tell you about Dexcom, which is the one I use.The G4.For me the alarms are essential, and the duration of the sensors in my case is usually 28 days, so I amorted the expense.It gives me peace of mind and I have lowered the ...

I do not know what the Guardian will be how it costs or hard, I hope that the future MCGs that leave have more and more duration apart from reliability and smaller size, because it is much more comfortable to change the sensor once a month than once a week.

Greetings!

Hello, I'm going to try the new Dexcom One+sensor, how do you do it for 28 days?
Ok, I just read well that it was the G4.I will investigate to see.

Thank you

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
06/30/2024 3:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.