How to protect your friends and family from diabetes?

mcarpintini's profile photo   04/07/2018 4:11 p.m.

1 in 11 people in the world already have diabetes, warns WHO.

The figures also indicate that the number of affected people was practically quadrupled in the last 30 years.

"According to estimates, 422 million adults had diabetes in 2014, compared to 108 million in 1980," says WHO.

"It is a silent disease, but its march is being relentless and we have to stop it," he told BBC Etienne Krug, responsible for WHO's efforts in the fight against the disease.

How diabetes has taken its toll
422 million

of adults lived with diabetes in 2014;

314 million

of more than those in 1980

8.5% of adults in the world have diabetes

1.5 million people died as a result of diabetes in 2012

2.2 million more deaths took place due to excessive levels of sugar

43% of these 3.7 million people died before he turned 70

Source: WHO
The matter is serious: diabetes is the eighth cause of death in the world and is guilty of 1.5 million deaths every year.

But another 2.2, millions of deaths are linked to high blood sugar levels.

From Diabecarp we put our grain of sand, this week we take care of developing a Test which can giveto the user a probability (%) of diabetes.

#Compart this test with all your friends and family, it is very important to discover diabetes on time!

mcarpintini's profile photo
mcarpintini
04/07/2018 4:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is how to make a relative or friend's lottery.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/07/2018 4:25 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
That is like making a relative or friend's lottery.

Our goal is to be able to make more people discover their diabetes in time, since diabetes can ruin it in silence, in fact many studies reveal that an immense number of people do not discover such disease in time and when they do they already have even committed organs.

Greetings!

mcarpintini
04/07/2018 4:29 p.m.

Diabetes is discovered with a blood analysis, it does not have much mystery.
Nor do I believe that people who do not have diabetes have to become obsessed with the possibility of having it (whenever a moderately healthy life is taken).

Are those figures well?2.2 million people dead due to excess sugar, or by ketoacidosis?

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/07/2018 5:35 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

You can simply access the test and see how in one of the steps are the fields of an oral test of glucose tolerance, glycosylated hemoglobin, etc.For those of us who already have diabetes, it is very easy to detect the disease in other people, but the truth is that a large part does not even know what diabetes is, what we are looking for from Diabecarp is to contribute in every way, how to raise awareness among people.

As for the data, they are taken directly from the WHO (World Health Organization), the truth is sad to see how when you try to support them it is repressed ... now I see a little clearer because there are not many of these tools that I amDeveloping, in this ecosystem there is no such thing as an AI, complex algorithms and many other things ... the only thing I see so far is a multimillion -dollar business that they only seek to profit from this disease.In a nutshell I want to change this but I see that our work is not appreciated.

mcarpintini
04/07/2018 5:46 p.m.

It seems very good to try to detect diabetes early, but I see health education more useful and learn to observe the symptoms because blood tests and thus depend on going to a place to do it, without more.

And the question about the data is because the information that I have is that people with diabetes die most from chronic diabetes complications, not a consequence of acute complications, so I asked.

My intention was not to suppress anything, simply comment on the information you have shared, there are no second intentions.

All the best

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/07/2018 7 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.