{'en': 'How do you run?', 'es': '¿Cómo te corriges?'} Image

How do you run?

Beatriz10's profile photo   04/10/2018 7:37 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone, dear companions.

I've been raising to correct myself when I have high glycemias but the endocrine has never put me a correction guideline and I would like to know your experience.

My treatment is Lantus (morning 40) and Humalog (7 (although I will upload it to 8) -11-11).For this reason, I would like to ask for an opinion since in mid -morning or in the afternoon I do not click anything and when I have the high sugar I look like and I only drink liters of water ....

How many units would they get?

Do you always have to eat when you correct or depend on how many units?

My sensitivity factor says my diabetes educator that is 30 ...

Thanks and sorry for so many questions ...

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
04/10/2018 7:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It's just fast when you're high.
Yes you have the sensitivity factor in 30, a fast unit lows you 30 glucose.But that is approximate calculations, it is best to check it.
Better check with a unit, when you are 200.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2018 8:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @"Beatriz10" apart from getting more insulin as Regina says, you can also do a sport (if you like and have clear time) and/or restrict certain hydrates, now that you have a tendency to be high and as long as you do not normalize I would suppress theQuick absorption hydrates such as rice, pasta, some bread, and I would stay with vegetables, fruit, legumes.You can check the glucose before each meal, and if you are high, for example in 200, you can put a more fast unit and take a little less bread, for example, and at two hours you look to see how you are and inHow are you increase or decrease the next time you have that value before a meal, in this way you form a list of actions.I recommend the exercise and the reduction of hydrates because in your case the ahumentar an insulin unit may not be enough.You would be good for a continuous glucose measurement system, to be able to control better.In any case, if you are high between meals, I recommend that you click and there in the next meal to prevent them from overlapping, which can be more straight.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/10/2018 11:42 p.m.

In my view, carbohydrates should not be suppressed because it is high, but to increase insulin to correct glycemia.You would upload the part of the correction within the bolus of the food according to your sensitivity factor, but there is no reason to stop eating.I think as @"Regina".The best thing to verify your sensitivity factor is to see that indeed 1 unit lowers you 30, so try to put it on when you have high glucose.
The sport is always a good option, I totally agree.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/11/2018 6:32 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

It is not for anything but ... if you have been diabetic since the age of 7 and you are 20, as you have been able to cope with diabetes with such little knowledge of it, of yourself and the most important thing about it about you.Sometimes I don't give credit and disbelief before so much nonsense.:-?:-?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/11/2018 8:16 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"JPR" What I intend is to indicate the 3 systems that I use, and if anyone knows more that tells us because it will be good for us all.For me, none is better or worse, but the one that best and most effects you, but for that you have to know them.I personally (my personal mania) am a party of not modifying as far as possible the dose of daily insulin that you get, so I almost always opt for the other two, but what it is about is to know them because there may be moments that you havethan use several at the same time.@"Luvi" already said in the first thread that adolescence had passed with hardly any control, which confirms its sensitivity to insulin, something similar has happened to us, that stage is one of the worst and some surpass it before andOthers take longer.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/11/2018 8:45 p.m.

@luvi, walk carino, what happiness read you again and quoted on what you say to @"Beatriz10" and what do you have experiences about taking care of the treatment, food, exercise and trying to know our sweetness well, because of itThe best possible result depends!Thanks for your advice and continue to carry that very high flag in this forum,
Sweet kisses D Ani

ani's profile photo
ani
04/11/2018 9:25 p.m.

luvi said:
is not for anything but ... if you have been diabetics since 7 years and you are 20, as you have been able to cope with diabetes with such little knowledge of it, of yourself, of yourselfand the most important thing about her.Sometimes I don't give credit and disbelief before so much nonsense.:-?:-?

Greetings for a long time that we don't see you here
= D & GT;

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2018 7:55 p.m.

Good @"Ani" and @"Antonimar" if the truth was that I have not lavished here for some other setback but I will try to enter more.Greetings for both.= D> = D>

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/13/2018 12:27 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi", we all belong to the same system, but they do not serve us the same.I was a few years in which no one had told me about hydrates, one of the most important things !!!!I have not had educator.I am not strange to what Beatriz says.
I'm glad you return to the forum :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/13/2018 7:58 p.m.

Good

luvi said:
is not for anything but ... if you have been diabetics since 7 years and you are 20, as you have been able to cope with diabetes with such little knowledge of it, of yousame and the most important thing about you.Sometimes I don't give credit and disbelief before so much nonsense.:-?:-?

hello, everyone.First of all, thank you very much for your contributions, they help me a lot to correct me.These days I have been better because I have decided to take things calmly and I have realIn meals as I should do it.

Answering your question, all my childhood helped me my parents, then I spent a bad years and then kept in 7 since I did everything by eye.Now that I leave the nest I have seen that I need a reeducation to avoid complications and understand me better.That's why I also went to his opinions.

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
04/14/2018 12:29 p.m.

Always corrections !!!Maybe you have to "correct" also who treats you.When you have an "hypo", don't you correct it?Well, a "hyper" is the same, you have to lower it.If your sensitivity factor is over 30, then calculate how many you.You need "fast" at that time.Personally, I do not usually eat anything until after 2 hours of correction, re -checking the glucose level to restore food normality, insulin, etc.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
04/15/2018 12:36 p.m.

It seems to me a nonsense as they serve us in some places.I have been with diabetes since 2007, to a review that I had in February of this year I was always with the same doctor (which is also the one carried by the Department of Diabetes de Coruña), because that day I had a girl who had just started there andThat day I discovered all the things they should do in a consultation.I do not have a diabetes education, everything I know is because I have investigated and I am trying measures and what I do better, because the nonsense is not to take so many years with that and not know, the nonsense is that whoever has to teach youDo not do it, nobody is born learned.

luvi said:
is not for anything but ... if you have been diabetics since 7 years and you are 20, as you have been able to cope with diabetes with such little knowledge of it, of yourself, of yourselfand the most important thing about her.Sometimes I don't give credit and disbelief before so much nonsense.:-?:-?

sambelgr's profile photo
sambelgr
04/15/2018 4:52 p.m.

@"Sambelgr", as I told me something similar happened to me.And many people now say, but how did they not react before? ... Now if they diagnose me that I have reactionary diabetes, but how to act before the unknown following the guidelines of a doctor who is supposed to tell you everything?... 8- |

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/15/2018 8:53 p.m.

@"Anaisabel", exactly, things should change a lot in health.With luck in my next review follow the same doctor who attended me the last time, see how I have hemoglobin in the analyzes is scared and helps me.But with the other lady there was no way.That it is normal and that I would regulate me, I told me, just like an alteration in the thyroid that sometimes gives me in the analysis (that luckily if it was solved).

sambelgr's profile photo
sambelgr
04/15/2018 9:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.