{'en': 'Low carbohydrate diet food (low carb) and sport', 'es': 'Comida Dieta baja en hidratos de carbono (Low Carb) y Deporte'} Image

Low carbohydrate diet food (low carb) and sport

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/15/2018 8 a.m.

Hi there,

Is there any person who performs the diet low in carbohydrates?

I've been reading a lot and I am very interested.

I would like to know how they manage to do sports.

Thanks in advance !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/15/2018 8 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"gindillo", here the expert on this subject is yesssica_a, I only do it occasionally, but basically I would begin by reducing the ingesion of HC to a specific initial value that you establish (usually between 60 and 100 gr daily) and withoutVary them, lower insulin, trying to leave the sport you do constantly, once you have achieved the balance between HC, insulin and sport, it varies to see how it affects the insulin that you have to put yourself based on the intensity ofexercise you do, leaving HC constant.You also have a lot of information on an English website: Diabetes.co.uk.However, you will have to replace HC intake increasing that of proteins and fats.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/15/2018 12:24 p.m.

Get into this Facebook group
Link

We are a few who make low diet in hydrates and you can see information that we share in the group and ask doubts.

For the sport you are adapted there is no problem.I have even noticed that I have less hypos than before, I hardly lower my glucose playing sports.I guess because the body is more accustomed to pulling fat and uses less glucose.But as everything must be tested because not everyone will affect him the same.
I did the change little by little lowering the hydrates and adjusting insulin.Never do it blows it because you have to make enough adjustments and try different foods until you see how your body reacts.
In the group there are also many low recipes in hydrates that can help you.There is almost all adapted.Anything ask me here or on Facebook, I am among the administrators of the Facebook group so you are easy.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/15/2018 7:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello good!Be careful to lower carbohydrates, if the body only uses fats as energy, ketosis can be produced.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/16/2018 11:05 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"Maritxu22" Cetosis is no problem.The problem is ketoacidosis and if you know what you do and have certain precautions you will not reach ketoacidosis.I have explained it several times in the photo and it is an important distinction that not even some doctors are clear.It is a big mistake to use the word ketosis somo synonym of ketoacidosis because they have nothing to do.Cetosis is normal, it is simply using fat as the main source of energy and in non -diabetics it is not a major problem.In diabetics you have to understand it well and have some precautions but if it is known what is done is not a problem either.Ketoacidosis is already a serious problem that occurs due to lack of insulin, not for eating fat and lowering hydrates.
What is very important to do low in hydrates is to inform yourself very well to have everything controlled and that there are no problems because in diabetics it is possible to pass from ketosis to ketoacidosis if there is lack of insulin.

Yessica_A
04/16/2018 11:40 p.m.

I follow as far as possible a low carb diet to train, since the insulin requirement is lower and therefore more stability and lower risk of declines.But performance can also decline, it depends a lot on the person.There are people who are very efficient working with carbohydrates and without them they look further, and there are people who without so many cars can give more or less the same.It is to try;) yes, the diet well done!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
04/19/2018 10:25 a.m.

I have a low hydrates diet also for years and it is the only way I can have an almost flat blood glucose all day.When doing sports, I usually eat some fruit before and ready, it depends on how it is.What has come to me without a doubt is not just to lower the HC but to do without refined flours.There are days that the HC I eat only come from vegetables since as much but others like a little lentils, chickpeas, quinoa, integral rice ... I am not radical, yes, if the weekend arrives and I feel like doingA paella, I do it, I tell rations and I click but of course the control that gives me to eat like this is indisputable.

I think that the obsession that the endocrine with which we have to eat x rations of HC per day have to eat that formerly the insulins we put on us forced us to eat yes or yes and always put an HC intake to avoid the descents but today but todayWith the insulins that there is no longer necessary.I have never entered ketosis or ketoacidosis and as says @"Yesssica_a" you have to differentiate these two things well, in fact it was she who taught me: P

Greetings to all.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/19/2018 11:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Now what seems a bit obsessive is that we use 50% basal and 50% bolus, I don't know what foundation that really has ... I try to eat few hydrates because it is easier for my tuning the dose of insulinBut of course, I always get more basal than bolus and it doesn't seem correct ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/19/2018 3:14 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Erpla" The foundation is due to the social demand that diabetics want to eat everything, and that way if they want to eat an ice cream or a sweetGood to do it from time to time but I have seen many people who do it usually.I am practically with 30 units of daily basal, except 1 or 2 times a week that I take noodles or rice and then I put 1 or 2u of novorapid, and my endocrine, in view of my hemo between 5.6 and 6.1, delighted fromLife.When I am a little high at some meal, with restricting HC is already there, because it is much more accurate to take HC depending on how you have glucose, to adjust insulin to your blood glucose.Advantages: those that you have said, very stable glucose levels, very slight hypoglycemia, much more insulin sensitivity (and this is very important), and in my particular case only one injection per day, although the disadvantage I have is thatI have to be a little more extractive with food schedules.Having a high sensitivity to insulin is important because before a viral process (flu, pneumonia, etc.) or surgical intervention, etc., insulin sensitivity lows you a lot (even if you have a good hemo) and if you have it normally low you present moreProbability of complications.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/19/2018 4:56 p.m.

But are you DT1?Because being alone with the slow is very rare for a T1 unless you are on basal ... or that, or the day you cannot eat between hypoglycemia for hours to sing.I have the basal adjusted so that if one day I do not, it remains stable, that yes, if I eat even half a ration, I have to put insulin ... what I do not understand is because if I wear 14 of basal, I have to put 14 bolus ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/20/2018 10:20 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

It is very interesting what you comment, and the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis ... maybe in the future you try to avoid hypoglycemia, but I currently have to eat many hydrates because otherwise I lose weight very easily, it costs me a lot to gain weight.(In fact I supplement my diet sometimes with hydrates smoothies).If sometimes when as or Ceno were I avoid hydrates because since I have not prepared them I do not know how to adjust the dose, thus I avoid a subsequent hyper or hyper.

Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/20/2018 1:55 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"Erpla" As much as the endocrine is determined, it makes no sense to use 50% basal and 50% fast.The basal must be used what you need to maintain stable glucose and the rapid to compensate for what you eat.Wanting to adjust to that pattern of 50/50 I see it very old from when the insulins were different, but with the new ones it is not necessary.If my endo insisted on that, it would happen a lot about it.

@"Maritxu22" The low hydrates diet is usually worse for taking weight, it is more difficult but good if one day you want to try or inform you, ask to enter the Facebook group that there is a lot of information and people with experience:

Link

And the same for anyone interested.

Yessica_A
04/20/2018 2:36 p.m.

Hello @"erpla", I am type 1, the basal insulin is insulin just like the rapid, the only difference is that its action lasts 24 hours, more or less, and the rapid lasts about 3 hours, the only thing to have inHe says that at eating HC of rapid absorption, the slow alone is not enough, but if you make a diet in which only HC you from vegetables, legumes, nuts, some fruits, etc. Slow or basal insulinIt is enough, for me at least that I support me a lot doing exercise/sport, I did get quickly with this type of HC would give me hypos after meals.Between hours not as anything, but food schedules have to be a little more rigid, although if you foresee a delay you can always eat something between hours, it is a matter of taking the trick.
When I was diagnosed with the endocrine, he sent me a slow insulin that lasted 24 hours and has just come out, then there were still no fast ones, only the intermediates, so that the people who like to eat had to be a fiddle becausePass even a little.For me, however, it was ideal and adapted to my way of life, I was absorbed with my work and my university and I only peocupied to prick once in the morning and forgot, I ate what I had to eat and pointHe had some hypo were very light and only some weekend in the mountains.
In your case the fact of getting 14U of bolus, if you take few hydrates, it also seems excessive, the basal seems to be well adjusted by what you tell, then the rapid also adjusts the hydrates you take and the endocrine that says what says whatWant, I am bothering the rigidity that some have.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/20/2018 11 p.m.

Normally, in the highest fats such as ketogenic a higher dose of basal is used, since it is not so fast between meals but also for another reason: fats delay the absorption of carbohydrates, so that"Picos" become rather "curves."Therefore, using quickly too much can produce hypos and does not interest.

In my case I have briefly tried the ketogenic diet and the truth is that I have noticed greater stability in daily blood glucose but I began to have some maleles of belly and returned to a low-carb that already works well for me.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
04/21/2018 10:22 a.m.

Thank you very much to all for the comments. I have started to do it and I have already lowered the three and evidently the Humalog.Like pasta, rice when I do sports since I run 2 hours or so for mountain and ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/21/2018 1:06 p.m.

I do not make a low-carb diet, I have simply lowered the rations of carbohydrates at each meal, that is, all the rations or diet proposed by the endocrin@ that in my case was a diet of 1500 calories.I have lowered the bread rations but since everything and sincerely I think that you have to eat a little of everything, I can do perfectly dispense with rice and pasta but in my daily and weekly diet you can not miss vegetables and especially legumes (chickpeas, Alubias and especially lentils) to maintain a diet I think that healthy and balanced but for tastes the colors and each one in his house and God in everyone's because in the gym and among my students of Aikido I see everything !!!:-&

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/21/2018 2:52 p.m.

Thank you very much for the comments.I go in parts.
@yessica_a thank you very much!If I think the same as you, but I asked if I had any scientific foundation and someone knew it.
@Runing50 I have diabetes for 25 years that I have clear the difference between basal and fast insulin, when I started if the rapid insulin existed (not ultra -granted) and the NPH, the one we did not have was the 24h (I suppose you mean youTo the Lantus that never lasted 24h) and ate normal, like everyone else.I certainly take some lentils without get bolus, I don't stay the same as if I don't, but it is true that I have the basal adjusted to keep stable in case I don't ingest anything (and I am looking for after eating notGlucemia rises to more than 130 mg) ... I'm glad you could control diabetes with a single puncture a day for so many years.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/23/2018 2:17 p.m.

Of course @sigsauer in my case as of everything I avoid at all costs are refined, processed etc but as legumes, a lotQuinoa, legume, etc. And what I started to do is that, lowering HC rations until it reached a point where some days as only those in vegetables etc., for breakfast for eg yes as always something of some ofHC, yes.Anyway, each one is a world and the best doctor regarding diabetes in most cases is oneself.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/23/2018 8:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, I am a diabetic for 34 A with glycades of 7 from there, it is not low except in the pregnancies I have no complications I make 3h running a week and I put 7 of three of three and 3 of Apidra in each meal as 3-4 v day likeHydrates 50% of the total intake and they give me down I always suppose that that's why I forget everything I do not conceive my diet without hydrates, but like?How do I feed my brain how to give up?I don't like the flesh.Can anyone send me an example of your diet?I don't close to new experiences.Thank you

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/29/2018 12:14 p.m.

@"Yaizaj" Well, each one makes the diet a bit in their own way but there are things in which we all agree.A lot of vegetables, protein and good fat.We eliminate flours, potato, rice and some people also legumes and fruits although others do.
In my particular case a typical day of my diet would be:
Breakfast: coffee alone and 2 eggs a few days with cheese and other avocado.Some weekend if I'm going to the hiking mountain I put some fruit (half apple or half banana).
Food: vegetable with some meat and someday.Sometimes I put half fruit or a natural yogurt.
Dinner: vegetable or salad and fish.Half fruit or a yogurt.And if I am hungry cured cheese or nuts.
Between hours I do not usually eat but I get some hunger like a handful of nuts.
I usually cook vegetable dishes to which I add meat or fish and if I have nothing because a salad and a grilled steak.Everything is enough virgin olive oil, cheese ... When lowering the hydrate you need to climb the protein and fats.There are many recipe ideas in which you replace the hydrate: the lasagna you change the pasta for eggplant or zucchini and the Bechamel there is some recipe for colifror bechamel or you throw more cheese and take away the bechamel, the Russian salad changes the potato for cauliflor, the rice is replaced by striped cauliflower, for desserts almond or coconut and sweetener is used ... There are many ideas if you search online low recipes in hydrates.
To run because I don't know how to say because I don't run, but to exercise weight I don't need to eat.Since I do low diet in hydrates, it goes much less, if I don't have active quickly, I don't need anything.I have made 6 or 7 km routes going up without eating anything and I keep around 80-100 but well that depends on each one, it is a matter of trying and seeing what works for you.I did eat something fruit of fruit or dates.

Yessica_A
04/29/2018 3:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.