{'en': 'Diabetes and Sisyphus myth', 'es': 'La diabetes y el Mito de Sísifo'} Image

Diabetes and Sisyphus myth

fer's profile photo   05/08/2017 11:53 a.m.

Sisyphus, within Greek mythology, as Prometheus, made the gods angry for their extraordinary cunning.As punishment, he was condemned to lose his eyes and perpetually pushed a giant mountain rock up to the top, just to fall again rolling to the valley, from where he had to pick it up and push him again to the summit and thus indefinitely.

I don't know about you, but for me diabetes is like the punishment of Sisyphus, when you think you are doing well, and that you are reaching the top, suddenly the stone falls on the other side of the mountain and start again ...

On the other hand, and finding something positive, exercise forces me to do, and also to look at me much more than if I did not have diabetes, although I would like that from time to time they would free me from this obligation and I would like to be able to stop a time to pushThis stone.

What do you think?

fer's profile photo
fer
05/08/2017 11:53 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, the punishments of the classic gods had very bad milk, were twisted and sadistic ... The poor Prometheus was even worse and is also the simile of a chronic disease.Condemned for life for an eagle to peck the liver, that every night he regenerated again and so on until the end of time.Finally, a charitable soul (I think that Heracles) shot an arrow to the eagle and thus ended Prometheus's punishment.The image of Sisifo eternally pushing the rock suggests an eternal tiredness and hopelessness, but also the tenacity of the Q does not give up.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/08/2017 1:04 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

True, pushing that stone perpetually does not leave me just time to do anything else.

And when I can do other things like I have to be at the same time controlling "the stone", I do not enjoy them.With what in the end I also stop doing them.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/08/2017 1:27 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Tonight Hipay of the Fat!So you know what day I have ... a little system (sure that this adjective does not exist).It is true that in the end you give up things as @"sherpa41" says
Yesterday I went to the beach and I realized that I have not diving almost two years (the same thing that I have with the freestyle).Yes, you can stop putting it on 1 day, but I should calculate when "expires" my sensor, plan the immersion for the next day, get underwater 1 hour precisely the day that I cannot control my glycemia with the stress that generates that, etc.Total, not to enjoy because I am not, as Sherpa says.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2017 4:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hahaha .Sometimes it can become a rock instead of a stone .. !!
The other day my sister proposes on a beautiful sunny day going to make a small trekking route of 2 horites, 1 first leg and 1 turita back and suddenly gave me to dream when I didn't have this stone on top;I get out of bed, breakfast my toasts and my zumito, I wear my clothes and sports shoes, I put the mp3 with my favorite music and make my 2 -hour trekking and around 1 beer cane with a gilda and theshower !!!
But immediately I woke up from sleep, I thought about all insulin, carbohydrates, gels, isostar, backpack, I have to do for such a simple thing as a couple of horites and the truth is that the stone could with me could with me andI wanted the desire !!!

How I understand you.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/08/2017 8:33 p.m.

My daughter is taking it quite peacefully, it is as if she left it in automatic pilot .., measure and eat something if it is necessary ... and now, do not think it much.
It is also true that it is quite predictable ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2017 1:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Playing a little "to the classics", let's see it from another point of view, in this case from the myth of Orpheus and Eurídice: Diabetes is our inseparable partner, an eternal marriage, and we fight to keep it,even, going down to the underworld for her.But when we go down they only ask us for one thing to recover it: not look back.Do not look at the past, what it costs, what brought you or took you away, just look at the future, what life holds you.

Link

Jota's profile photo
Jota
05/10/2017 5:31 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

@"Jota" joooo as my agreement of this series !!!!What of memories !!!= D>

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/10/2017 8:18 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@Fer very true the myth of sisifo !!!And the continuous daily perseverance day if day too.You have times that maybe I had to be diabetic to replace every day, perhaps if it were not for that to know how it would be ... consuels that one mounted;)

Txus's profile photo
Txus
10/15/2017 10:58 p.m.

I totally agree, sometimes they want to leave the stone that rolls up and to give it.I sometimes feel a little like the Titan Atlas, and as if diabetes were the world on top

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
10/16/2017 2:54 a.m.

The classic Greeks is tremendous;They were from the freest of then, but their characters suffered from everything.
I believe that, after the function, I liked to return home.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 12:28 p.m.

jota said:
playing a little "to the classics", let's see it from another point of view, in this case from the myth of Orpheus and Eurídice: Diabetes isOur inseparable companion, an eternal marriage, and fight to keep it, even going down to the underworld for her.But when we go down they only ask us for one thing to recover it: not look back.Do not look at the past, what it costs, what brought you or removed, just look at the future, what life holds you.

I love this other comparison !!It also illustrates very well the situation with diabetes!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2018 12:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.