{'en': 'Travel with glucagon', 'es': 'Viajar con glucagón'} Image

Travel with glucagon

Ursula's profile photo   04/24/2018 8:52 a.m.

Good morning,

Next week I am going to Tenerife of Backpack and my nurse has told me that I have to wear a glucagon always on top, to buy a cold case.

The truth is that I understand that in case the flies have to take it but it seems to me a tostón to load with it and be aware of cooling the case etc ...

The doubt is that I do not know where to buy one that is effective and does not require fridge or freezer, can you throw me a cable?

I would appreciate if you tell me where to buy one :)

Thank you!!!

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
04/24/2018 8:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glucagon is bought in the pharmacy, your doctor's doctor has to make the recipe, the glucagen hypokit for example you can have it out of the fridge until 18 months as long as it is not expired and that the temperature does not exceed 25º, ofAny way, do you not carry the insulins in a fridge or something that is cooler?Put it there directly and that's it.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/24/2018 10:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi Niguiri !!!Thanks for your answer.
I have a glucaglon and they told me to the fridge.I did not know that I could also be cold, VEG what time is there but seeing the panorama gives me that he will make hehe.
I will carry the slow and the rapid in use that does not require cold and as for the moment they are low doses I do not need more.What makes me dizzy is the glucagon theme, which told me to always carry it on and in a fridge but it seems like a fattening.
On Thursday I have an appointment with the doctor, to see what occurs to him, and the pharmacy to see if they have a cold case without the need for plates and those things.

Kisses !!

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
04/24/2018 10:14 a.m.

In the glucagon that I have told you, it puts on the case that it can be out of the fridge until 18 months, I spend a screenshot so you can see it very badly you have to give the thing so you have to use it, thatYes, if you are going to be on a road, it always carries juices on top and cookies or glucose pills, that is almost more important than the glucagon, also control each x to control glucose.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/24/2018 10:41 a.m.

Yes, I think that, very difficult that I need it ... even if it is not impossible, I don't think it is essential.I don't know, I do the fool and I don't carry it xD

Juices and cookies I always carry, whether or not it routes, so that is fine.

Thank you very much for your help, niguiri, kisses !!!!

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
04/24/2018 10:43 a.m.

But a woman, take it in case, does not occupy anything and as I say, until 25º endures out of the fridge until 18 months and by these dates in TF it does not make so much heat.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/24/2018 10:51 a.m.

I tell you the same as Nigiri, the glucagon endures well 18 months out of the fridge.Having a little good backpack and putting it in the shadow is not overheat.I have taken it to all my trips and it does not occupy almost anything in my backpack.If I have made it very hot next to the cold case where I carry the insulins (which is not very cold, it keeps it at 18 or less, it is supposed, they sell it on the Internet), but we are going that my backpackIt is good of the mountain of which it is difficult to be overheating inside.

The case of that I talk to you to save insulin does not require plates, it gets in water for a few minutes and has a material inside that it swells a little (like balls) and lasts several days in which it maintains the temperature of what goalsinside.And for you to work again again in water another little while, it is quite functional.

Conclusion, that neither the insulins you are using nor the glucagon have to be in the fridge, simply do not take the sun in

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/24/2018 11:30 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hi Maritxu !!

Thank you very much for your answer!I am very interested in that case, can you tell me where did you buy it ???Thank you so much!!!!

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
04/24/2018 11:36 a.m.

Put on Google "Cold case for insulin" and you get several pages that market them;)

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/24/2018 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.