Thinking not to use the pump anymore

vandorta's profile photo   05/15/2017 11:47 a.m.

Good morning ... I'm in existential crisis!I do not see the pump much use ... I have no sensor or I can opt for one ... the only thing that I do not punish me so much .. when I go to the beach or the pool I have to be based on bowling .. andof the rest nai ...
I go more or less controlled but just like when the bolis ...

Anyone has passed?

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
05/15/2017 11:47 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

I have never seen a lot of use of the bomb, unless you are in a job where you cannot go to the bathroom to prick all the times you want or that the slow ones do not work well.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/15/2017 1:05 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The bomb does not make miracles, we each have a rhythm of life, some routines, tasks and others.I do not even get the idea of ​​carrying something nailed all day and having to think that I carry an apparatus on which my life depends and I must be careful and caution, nor is it useful for my day to day.But there are who is and has solved many problems both at the level of diabetes control and trust/security to perform activities, of course with the help of an MCG.Everyone must adapt the best treatment to their day to day.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/15/2017 2:25 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

My insulin bomb treatment improved a lot.If you programs well basal and bowling many peaks are avoided that you cannot avoid apart from reducing many hyperglycemia

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/15/2017 8:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

vandorta said:
good morning ... I am in existential crisis!I do not see the pump much use ... I have no sensor or I can opt for one ... the only thing that I do not punish me so much .. when I go to the beach or the pool I have to be based on bowling .. andof the rest nai ...
I go more or less controlled but just like when the bolis ...

Anyone has passed?

Have you given you a good formation for the use of the pump?In other words, knowing how to control basal, ratios and so on?
The bomb as long as you wantIt can get to bore to the beginning.
The issue of playing with basal insulin bass and amounts will never have it with a PEN.
But you have to be patient woman and for the pool if you don't care about there are hectic bags where you can put it to avoid disconnecting and not going based on bowling.
But you have to be convinced the first, it is not simple, it is not the solution but if it facilitates the good control of diabetes, that with some sacrifice.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/15/2017 9:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi @vandorta!I regret reading your impressions regarding the bomb since precisely I am now in the form of training to put the 640g.My conclusions regarding the use of the bolis, which is what I have taken for 26 years (and the first year using Jeringillas) is that I could no longer with this disease and to the point of wanting to throw in the towel and make crazy.It is true that my diabetes in recent years was complicated with other diseases and interventions that, although they were not a consequence of diabetes, but this complicated both recovery and other things (at least that has been my conclusion).Inadverted hypoglycemia, total lack of control and not knowing whatI have finished with psychiatric treatment, my deranged family (I have a small girl of only 6 years old), well, well, I do not follow because I relapse again.Now I do not know if the bomb will solve something, but at least what it has achieved is that a small thread of hope is lit.90% of colleagues' comments are positive and that would not even be removed for anything.In the training that they are giving me (what @jconegar asks you is fundamental) they are making me see the amount of advantages it has, in addition to even clarifying things that I thought I was clear.It is true that I am determined to also put on the MCG, that although we cannot afford it, we have already separated that one year money taking it from even basic things, to have everything since my hypoglycemia are truly traumatic, next yearIt will be seen (hopefully by then social security of a joy and covers it, although I do not believe it).
In the end, just tell you that in my case, with the bolis the experience has been disastrLife, with that I am satisfied because if not ...
Greetings!!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
05/18/2017 9:40 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Greetings @"sllf" I want the bomb and MCG to improve your life, surely!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/18/2017 11:20 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I think - without having tried the bomb, but by comments - that not everyone serves to use it ... you have to be "good" in this diabetes, strict, planned ... come on, which requires effort and sacrifice.
The MCG gives you results instantly ... it doesn't matter how good or bad you are with diabetes, your quality of life increases (if you are "good" you will take more benefit ... or if you are "bad", I think thatYou will still take more advantage of that).And of quality of life, we do not speak.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/18/2017 1:08 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you very much @solaria !!!I expect it too!Greetings!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
05/18/2017 1:51 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.