An interesting application

Ainhoa's profile photo   05/12/2017 1:10 a.m.

Recently I commented with a friend how useful bowling calculators, which I know I know the Accouck Aviva Expert and Abbot Freestyle Insulinx.Assuming that there is a good diabetological education and that the sensitivity factor is known (how much glucose t low an insulin unit) and the ratios (how much insulin you need in each meal to metabolize a ration of carbohydrates), they seem to meVery useful devices and that can facilitate things quite a lot, you introduce your blood glucose and based on your personal parameters (sensitivity factor, ratios, active insulin duration) they calculate a correction, an insulin amount depending on the rations that you are going toEating, take into account the active insulin that you have left of the last bolus and discount it etc, in short a small help.
It turns out that for commercial houses to provide you with the device you need an endocrine report, I imagine that for the educator to calculate or introduce those parameters or faith that you know them, I do not know.But look where when my friend comments in his consultation, his educator replies that he does not need those devices because he already "knows a lot", which in fact is "counterproductive" to use them because they "oxidize" knowledge.And they did not authorize it.And there I do not understand anything, here or you do not know enough or you know too much, it is like the bombYou will know how to take advantage of the bomb.Everything is part, in my view, in a paternalistic way to treat the patient, as if he were not able to make decisions about himself, as if he were not sufficiently formed or prepared, when the reality is that from minute one thatYou are going home after the debut with your insulin ball you are making decisions, I have read in a study that is calculated that a person with diabetes takes daily between 50 and 100 decisions directly related to their diabetes, and you have no health personnel to yourSide every time you need it to tell you and supervise "how much" you have to put on or how you have to counteract every hypoglycemia, you play it day by day your solit.
Thinking about all this it occurred to me that there were applications similar to a bowling calculator and I effectively found several, particularly one I liked it a lot, it appeared in a post D a long time ago.I believe that these tools and aid must be available to everyone, as well as training, which is hopefully acquired thanks to endocrine and educators, but others are often complemented and even exceeds the previous one in books, web pages specialized asClinidiabet and of course this forum.The application is called Advanced Insulin Advisor, and the post in which it appeared is as follows:

Link

Greetings

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/12/2017 1:10 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

hahaha .... This boy works with me ... now is in Germany ...
He made blackmail (in a joke plan) about his app.
It is a solete.

From day 1 I have the Insulix of Abbott.I gave it to me.The bowling of bowling does not use it.In the end, if you manage diabetes well, you don't need.It is a machine that does not take into account your hormones or everything that can affect you.You have to be reprogramming sensibilities continuously.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2017 12:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much @"ainhoa" for the application, I will take a look, I hope it is complete and you can include lag variable options that @"ruthbia" comments.The truth is that many times the decision to prove or not in material refers to diabetes, it depends more on the endocrine than the patient himself, the insulin, the option to use/test pump, glucometers, etc ... in the end ... In the end it is time to performA triquiñuela, be a poorly controlled season or even pay for it on its own account like the MCG.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/12/2017 4:15 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.