Freshly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, from Venezuela and 20 years.

Jonadmj's profile photo   05/18/2017 6:29 a.m.

Greetings.

I am from Venezuela and I am 20 years old.Approximately a month and a half ago I felt quite bad (typical diabetes symptoms), I went with the doctor and they performed the corresponding exams, I had blood glucose at 600mg/dl.After 3 days of hospitalization and more than 20 physiological sera were discharged.I started with NPH twice a day, I did not do very well and change to Lantus in conjunction with Novorapid, I currently inject 12u in Lantus at 8:00 pm and 5u from Novorapid after breakfast.

At the beginning of the treatment with Lantus, I was going quite well even without using the novorapid (I did not have it at that time) now two hours after dinner I get up to 200 or less, however I have to eat something before I sleep because if I do not give meA hypo at 3-4 in the morning.Would it be advisable to inject the lantus in the afternoon?Maybe at 5pm to make effect for dinner?What do you tell me that they have more time in this than me.

I'm glad the existence of this forum!

Jonadmj's profile photo
Jonadmj
05/18/2017 6:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the "jonadmj" forum, I am sure you will find a lot of information in the forum that will help you, especially if you just "debut" with diabetes, you can also ask what you need, you will see that there is a lotYou can give you recommendations!;)

Here are some issues that I think can help you in your situation and for what you explain, I recommend that you read and ask them there too.

Link
Link

From what we know, the situation in Venezuela in insulin supplies is a disaster, I hope it is improving and soon!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/18/2017 9:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome @jonadmj!

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/18/2017 9:28 a.m.

Welcome to the "Jonadmj" forum, being recently debut you will have many doubts, ask here in the forum that we have many colleagues who are "Master".Hopefully you have the possibility that your doctor is an endocrinologist, because not all doctors know about diabetes 1 and especially you have access to insulins and other inputs.Greetings-

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/18/2017 10:42 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Jonadmj" Welcome, be calm and observe a lot to analyze in which schedules you need more insulin, how much glycemia tends to upload at each meal, etc.At first it is better to be a bit routine, eating more or less always the same rations and meals with a similar glycemic index, it is about reaching conclusions and establishing regularities, as soon as you adjust and dominating you can determine how much insulin you need by ration andhow much insulin goes down to you and everything can be more flexible.As the companions say I hope you have at your disposal the material you need, it is essential to perform enough hair controls to have a lot... Consult with your endocrine, I hope you know how to help you effectively.Leo that you put the fast after breakfast, I don't know if it's for something special, we usually put it before (sometimes even a good time before), if not then there are peaks ... encouragement and a hug !!!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/18/2017 2:12 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much for the "fer" links, quite useful.Unfortunately in Venezuela the situation is a disaster in all areas, especially with medicines, but fortunately I have achieved what I need for now.

Thanks @"AlbertoT"

Thanks for the welcome @"solaria", with respect to the doctor I have only had a consultation with an endocrinologist since the hospitalization consumed all the resources of my medical insurance, however, I do what I can with my pocket.

Thanks for the welcome @"ainhoa".I will continue to inform myself as much as possible and I will undoubtedly ask them.Maybe try to change the lantus for the morning to see how I will be notified here.With respect to the fast, I do not always use it, only when I wake up very high, I usually try to eat as well as possible so as not to have the need to inject myself, when I have a good number and healthy breakfast, usually at two hours I followbeing in a good range.Greetings!

Jonadmj's profile photo
Jonadmj
05/20/2017 5:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.