"I was a person who took care of me very little, until I did some analysis and the doctor told me that my state of health was very bad: the levels of sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides were very high. He asked me if I felt good inThat moment, because according to the results I was subject to going to the hospital at that time. ”

So it was that one day in May 2015 Guillermo Hernández received news that hit him emotionally and led him to wonder what he had done wrong.However, like many other entrepreneurs that day went to bed with the conviction that he was going to get ahead, that he was going to put everything on his part to be fine.

The entrepreneur, who is the General Director of IMPEX solutions, went with the endocrinologist to attend and discovered that in order to deal with diabetes, considered the epidemic of the 21st century, three fundamental actions are needed: exercise, take around two liters of waterA day and have an adequate diet.Hernández began to change many things for conviction, bought a glucometer and began to document his measurements on a common spreadsheet.

That record gave him a curious inspiration to develop diappbetes, a software for mobile devices in which users can keep a record of their glucose rates, entering the glucometer data into a digital log to which they can add comments on the food consumed, the schedule in which the test was performed, among other factors that could impact the concentration of glycemia.

The platform seeks to help the patient to have a clear monitoring of the patient's behavior, which allows to determine the most appropriate treatment and diet according to the conditions of their disease.For Mexico, the world's first place in number of diabetes cases, a culture of prevention and control is critical, identifying 15.8% of the population with a diagnosis of this nature.

To do this, the blog offers doctors a broader panorama of glycemic peak catalysts, opening the door to personalized measures in the treatment of the disease.As Hernández explained it, the pancreas is similar to a military field, which is capable of sending a certain number of soldiers (insulin) to combat or process food glucose.The insulin number produced by this organ is different in each patient, so not all diabetics react in the same way to food intake.

To do this, he put to work together with his partner Michelle covers, contemplating the immunological, operational, commercial and developmental aspects.The first sketch of this concept was designed in PowerPoint, observing the possible functionalities and medical requirements to achieve version 1.0, already available for free download in Android and Apple.

“The sugar has to be measured to know your body, the way your body, your pancreas, your kidneys behaves influences that you process the food differently from the person next door.In many ways it is proof and error, but providing this information to your doctor you give a more specific band that factors led you to that result, ”said the manager.

Together with this strategy, Hernández is governed by a plan of three fundamental values: attitude, determination and discipline.This has been guided through a process of transformation in his lifestyle towards a welfare state.Such a vision, together with the monitoring of medical instructions and the use of technological tools, have served as axes to form an initiative that aims to help others in the same situation to improve their health.

“Innovation has two components: something that allows you a good living and a digital element.To that conclusionI arrived when I wondered the best route to share my method, seeing that what was missing was just that digital component- I really wanted to make an app and I found in this a way to dedicate myself in my free time to generate something that would help othersPatients, ”he explained.