{'en': 'Is diabetes different depending on the age in which it appears?', 'es': '¿La diabetes es diferente según la edad en la que aparece?'} Image

Is diabetes different depending on the age in which it appears?

Hilda's profile photo   05/06/2018 7:42 p.m.

I say it because I have an acquaintance who is 77 years or so and although he always brings high glucose and eats and does what he wants he never has symptoms and does not seem to have diabetes.

On the other hand, with 32 years I cannot do anything because then then it affects me and I cannot eat anything, they already changed my medicine to a stronger one and nothing

Then he gives me courage to see her eat what she wants and tell me that it is because she gave her old woman and my young man.

Do you think it's true?

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
05/06/2018 7:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

According to the type of diabetes and treatment, you will need greater surveillance.Type 1 is insulin dependent, it usually appears in young people and needs many controls.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/06/2018 8:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well if that I know, but I say it because we are type 2, I'm sorry I had to specify

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
05/06/2018 10:05 p.m.

Hilda, consult him with an endocrine.

It occurs to me that with age the metabolism is slower for everything and perhaps it works better the pancreas than you, so you can give certain whims that you cannot.

Do not courage, with sport and balanced diet you can give you some capricious ever.Think of those of us who are insulin -dependent .... that is a cross.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/07/2018 7:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well yes, I hadn't thought that, thanks

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
05/07/2018 2:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.