{'en': 'I am new and I present myself from Mexico', 'es': 'Soy nuevo y me presento desde México'} Image

I am new and I present myself from Mexico

matrix's profile photo   05/07/2018 8:44 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I was pleased to find this forum.You see that it has very good information and that they help a lot.

I live in Mexico and I have overweight.145 kilos.I do not exercise and take medication for blood pressure since I have it high, for overweight.Colesterol well but high triglycerides (for this I also take medication).

My cardiologist prescribed me 1 year ago because my glucose fasting was in 98 to 105. 2 weeks ago I took some studies and gave me high triglyceride 266 and glucose in a fast of 134. I could not believe it, they are established diabetic figures.

The truth is that before that test and for several months I was eating very badly.I felt very bad because I have two children of 2 years and 2 months so I decided to make another measurement and take an appointment with the doctor.

I read dozens of articles, I learned what I could about glucose, glucometers, reactive strips, pancreas, insulin, glucosylated hemoglobin and many other things.I bought a glucometer and 50 strips and I have been taking the measurements every day, before bedtime, at food and 2 hours after eating.I changed my habits suddenly: zero sweets, soft drinks, bread, rice, potatoes, etc.No carbohydrates or very little and more healthy food (vegetables, vegetables, some fruits, fish or chicken but no fat or very little) in short I have been taking great care of my diet in the last two weeks (which never in 20 years)And my measurements are these:

At night to sleep: 91 to 97
When I get up: 96 to 102
Before eating 100 to 104
2 hours after eating 142 to 168

What could they think?

I am going to repeat this week the glucose exam in laboratory, lipid profile and glucosylated hemoglobin and I will go with my cardiologist to see what you think and if you send me to endocrine or think.Any suggestion?Please help me, I want to control myself to be good health and to be for my wife and little ones I want to live years with health

Note: In the last weeks I have dropped from 145 to 139.7 kg

A hug!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/07/2018 8:44 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Matrix here most are type 1, and the cause is unknown.In your case, it is not surprising with your weight that appears type 2 diabetes, it is closely related to obesity and bad eating habits.More than the glycemia, which except after eating the rest are fine, I think you should lower the weight and the rest will be stabilized.Eat healthy and of course exercise.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/07/2018 9:23 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"matrix" I have erased the comments of tests, and I put the topic here with the recommendations for the use of the forum, I have included a comment (in the end), which explains how to edit and delete comments and topics, I hope it serves you to clarifyThe doubt!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2018 4:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
@"matrix" I have erased the comments of tests, and I put the topic here with the recommendations for the use of the forum, I have included a comment (in the end), which explains howEdit and delete comments and topics, I hope it serves to clarify the doubt!;)

Link

Hello.Thanks for sharing the link on the operation of the forum.I can't find how to erase a post.In the top buttons it is only edited.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/07/2018 5:50 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

maritxu22 said:
matrix here are type 1, and the cause is unknown.In your case, it is not surprising with your weight that appears type 2 diabetes, it is closely related to obesity and bad eating habits.More than the glycemia, which except after eating the rest are fine, I think you should lower the weight and the rest will be stabilized.Eat healthy and of course exercise.

hello.Thank you very much for the comment.

I don't understand why the 1st day my fasting glucose was 134. I don't diagnose me automatic as diabetic?

Another doubt.I have read in the Forum that there are users who have a system to read the glucose continuously.How does that device work?Is it connected to an artery or vein reading the info in the blood all the time?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/07/2018 5:51 p.m.

The theme of diagnosis must clarify it with your medical team, however in principle an emptyneous blood glucose greater than 126 of two different analytics serves to diagnose it.

On the other hand, the continuous measurement devices that you comment, I am a user (Dexcom), what it does is measure the interstitial glucose, a sensor, which through a transmitter sends the information to the receiver where you see your glycemia.Give a measurement every 5 minutes.Although for a type 2 diabetes I do not think it is necessary.

A health

Maritxu22
05/07/2018 6:29 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

maritxu22 said:
The diagnosis theme you must clarify it with your medical team, however in principle an empty blood glucose greater than 126 of two different analytics serves to diagnose it.

On the other hand, the continuous measurement devices that you comment, I am a user (Dexcom), what it does is measure the interstitial glucose, a sensor, which through a transmitter sends the information to the receiver where you see your glycemia.Give a measurement every 5 minutes.Although for a type 2 diabetes I do not think it is necessary.

A health

hello.I have only had a high glucose (134 on an empty stomach) but I have repeated them another 7 times and it has only climbed to 102. I do not understand why the 1st in 134. Let's see what the doctor says insurance sends me studies forDiagnose professionally.

In relation to Dexcom, I already searched videos.I also saw that there is a free freestyle.My question is whether these systems have a needle and if they are painful

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/08/2018 2:56 a.m.

It is not clear that it is not a needle, it has a thread under the skin, it does not hurt.

Maritxu22
05/08/2018 5:13 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Welcome

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/12/2018 12:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Matrix I like your sincerity to be open that you have not dealt with your health problems starting with your weight This is the evil of the cycle.
Many here do not have the opportunity since our children acquired the disease not for being disorderly in their life.
I can only say that living with diabetes is easy ... living with it so that the battle is not won.
You have the opportunity and two beautiful reasons to live a healthy life
So don't miss her ... I would like to be in your place

A hug

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
05/13/2018 4:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

maritxu22 said:
not clear that it is not a needle, it has as a thread under the skin, it does not hurt.

It is a thread that goes "under the skin" ?????????

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/14/2018 5:45 a.m.

Angel Andres said:
Matrix I like your sincerity to be open that you have not dealt with your health problems starting with your weight This is the evil of the cycle.
Many here do not have the opportunity since our children acquired the disease not for being disorderly in their life.
I can only say that living with diabetes is easy ... living with it so that the battle is not won.
You have the opportunity and two beautiful reasons to live a healthy life
So don't miss her ... I would like to be in your place

A hug

thank you.I already went with my cardiologist and they made me several reviews.Although my glucose values ​​are "normal", I have high and low HDL triglycerides, which next to my weight is a time pump.While these glucose values ​​in a thin person tell him that the patient is fine, in my case because of the weight and other factors, the doctor already considers me diabetic since I surely have fatty liver.They sent me other studies in 2 months (glucosilada and others) also changed the medication of blood pressure, they sent me one for triglyceride and they uploaded the metformin, but he told me not to take generic but Dabex XR two of 500 a day (1 C12hrs).This in addition to food improvement.In fact I have in the week he quotes with Nutriologist.As they see the situation is not simple and I have to put a lot from me, but now I have a great motivation since I have following adequate food for 3 weeks, which did not happen for many years.

Thanks for everyone's support and I will put everything from me to try to win this hard battle of diabetes

By the way I bought a very good book The power of metabolism is incredible-

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/14/2018 5:50 a.m.

Welcome @"matrix", eat healthy and do sports, and don't worry so much through the meters, lose weight and improve a lot.A hug.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/14/2018 8:25 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Polustiano said:
welcome @"matrix", eat healthy and do sports, and don't worry so much through meters, lose weight and improve quite a lot.A hug.

thank you.In that we walk.and following indications of the doctor.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/14/2018 9:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.