Turn the free into a MCG

Ainhoa's profile photo   05/16/2017 9:07 a.m.

Yesterday they passed me this link on a prototype of device that coupled to the free is collecting the readings every 5 min on my mobile, I think ... I do not know how to paint even if it will be economically viable, in the end all these tunerals are an extra economyBut to try to make the free offer what currentof children caregivers can monitor from their mobiles, Nightscout type.

Link

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/16/2017 9:07 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Well, I don't know that the thing is going like in English, hehehe .... and I am clumsy with the language ....
Now I know what a dexcom and a free is, and the best of the Dexcom in continuity and alarms, which evidently lacks the other.
I think the Dexcom is better, but TB is more expensive, if they improve the other if to increase the price .... that would be the best.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/16/2017 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Aranzazuleg", thanks to the translator: \ ">

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/16/2017 11:44 a.m.

DT 3

The problem is the sum of money from the Free to the Ambrosia system that is not a cheap or cheap that the product increases too much and then it is better to buy directly an MCG with alarm, read Dexcom or Guardian Connect.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/16/2017 1:32 p.m.

Exactly, that is the problem ... between extras and added and that the sensor lasts two weeks, the accounts do not come out, and any of the other two options is better, in my opinion ...

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/16/2017 1:37 p.m.

DT 3

I really have no idea that they speak ... here nothing of those technologies has come, I have first to read everything novel that I am finding and then give my opinion .. hehe nothing I am something behind

marnie's profile photo
marnie
05/16/2017 2:49 p.m.

It turns out that they already sell the product and do not have the application launched to connect mobile sensor.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/16/2017 3:04 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well, they already have an application for Android and iOS.Of course, in my point of view (and necessity) it is mandatory to use something like that with free, to be calm and receive alerts, otherwise, it is useless "(to see, something yes, but little).Let's wait to see the results, but of course the idea is very good (I do not understand that the manufacturer does not finish the product and leave it halfway as it has done ... and on top of copper! And not little)

Link
Link

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/28/2017 9:44 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But what interests most is that they give reliable values. The most accurate.

And I read that there are Free sensors that fail a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2017 3:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What interests are not invasive, since it is not comfortable, or hygienic for the body to wear a foreign body nailed to your skin 14 days, at least 21 days.(something that none is, not invasive), that are reliable (which none will be, every device has its margin of error) and that is partly or in its entirety financed by the SS or that its price is accessible (none is).In addition to the lack of competence, innovation, technology, quality in this sector of this disease, something that I do not understand very well just as the policy of both laboratories is not understood.Of course, the cake of the distribution of the capital of the patients who consume the product for help or improvement in their control accumulates it as Uncle Gilito.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/29/2017 10:30 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I totally agree, after trying it I do not plan to carry anything nailed to the body never again.

And the demonstration of the lack of competition is that Flash has not wanted to make it exactly like the Dexcom because "the business is not going to be removed."Abbot knew that he could not sell much cheaper what others sell at the price of gold.Although it would not cost him anything technically (if what is missing by a third company in a more or less bungling way),

That is why 99% of glucometers brands sell the strips exactly at the same price, skipping any legality on the price pact and competition.And by that pact, to avoid stepping on each other, medical science progresses in this sector.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/29/2017 10:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am a free user for almost a year and quite happy.I told me the endocrine in a review, there they had a sensor and reader pack and they gave it to try it.Since then I have managed to lower the hem of 7, since because of my work, I cannot go every two for three to check the levels of sugar with the strips and many times I had a feeling of descent and it was not so, I ate a sugar terrorand after a while.Now at the time I notice something, I take my mobile and look at it, with what I am more controlled.I have 9 sensors and I have not failed any, nor have they taken off, moreover, when it is time to remove them it costs to take them off.If it is true that the measure that the free gives you, very rarely it is accurate to that of the strips, it usually gives between 15 and 20 more, but knowing that and that the free marks the trend where the sugar goes, it is allmuch easier.What I do between sensor and sensor, to be cheaper, I'm 10 days with the strips.The good thing about Free is that you don't have to sign any permanence contract with them and you can stop using it whenever you want.I don't know what will cost and how will that device become continuous.I'm going to investigate a little and if I see that I will try.I will tell you.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
05/31/2017 8:08 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

I have found this in Spanish.

Link

From what I have been able to read, you have to use a pot for each sensor because they cannot be reused.

It goes through Bluetooth connected to the phone, that's fine for those who have an iPhone, since Free only works with Android mobiles with NFC technology.

At the price of Free, which comes out at € 60 per sensor, which a total of € 1445 shipping includes, we must add another 24 pots of these ... it does not come profitable at all.

According to Abbott, iPhone users, for the moment, have no mobile application, since Apple does not authorize the NFC antenna from their terminals for security reasons.

If I stay wanting to try the Dexcom, but let out so much paste ... it gives me courage.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
05/31/2017 8:50 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Does anyone know if the app has alarms ...?Because it sounds to me that no.- If for that price apart from that of the freestyle you have a continuous glucose measurement but without alarms, it would not help great help.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/31/2017 9:12 a.m.

I think we are getting excited about something that is not as they want to sell it, the main "novelty" of this we call connector is the connectivity between the sensor and a smartphone, to see in a "continuous" blood glucose on that smartphone.The question we all have is whether it will have alarms?Well, I see it complicated as, that in the case of Android mobiles one of the characteristics of this system is to kill the applications in the background to save resources, in this case the RAM of the end that makes it fluid.In order to have alarms they should be first connected by Bluetooth, NFC or infrared.Secondly, the application should be constantly open in the background to carry out the scan "continued" to as soon as a significant alteration occurs or in progression of the glycemia warn.(With the consequent battery consumption).Everything will be to mess the application, but I suppose that until the sensor is scanned and identifies it, it will not be seen if functionality, hopefully it will soon see any video on YouTube that resolves this great doubt.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2017 10:16 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@"Luvi" The Dexcom G5 has Android application for the 8 or 9 Android terminals that they have tasted and theory the DEXCOM has alarm and should work.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/31/2017 11:28 a.m.

sigsauer said:
@"luvi" The dexcom g5 has Android application for the 8 or 9 Android terminals that they have tested and theory the dexcom has alarm and should work .-

sigsauer said:
@"luvi" The dexcom g5 has Android application for the 8 or 9 Android terminals that they have tested and theory the dexcom has alarm and should work .-

Yes, but only for high range models, I saw the list on its page, they say that over time the app would come out for all Android

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
05/31/2017 12:48 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

@"Raulgc" well, I think that among those who work with the Dexcom G5 are the LG G4 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 that have already a couple of years or more and for about € 300 you could find them, it is not cheap but they are not thehigh-end of € 600-800.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/31/2017 8:35 p.m.

I suppose that more than the mobile hardware benefits, it will be the software specifications or what is the same the Android version so the mobile must have Android 6.0 or higher.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2017 10:11 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

luvi said:
I suppose that more than mobile's own hardware benefits will be the software specifications or what is the same the Android version so the mobile must have Android 6.0or superior.

Exactly, from Android 6.0.1 onwards, but not all mobile phones, I have a huawei with Android 6.0.1 and tells me that the app is not available in Play Store.And my phone is mid -range.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
05/31/2017 10:29 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.