Glycosilada in pharmacy

piruha's profile photo   05/08/2018 3:13 p.m.

Hello good,

I don't know if someone has ever done a glycosylated in the pharmacy.I wanted to know if it is 100% reliable.I ask why I spent the last review in December and the next one will be in July, and according to the Dexcom I have a glycosilada of 6% - 6.2% (if we go to the last 90 days) I wanted to check if it really was so.And I just took a click, with 6.8%.

Two doubts arise, is the test in the pharmacy exact?And are the Dexcom data so different from reality as to give such disparate figures?In the last review he also gave me a higher glycosilada in the analytics than in the Dexcom ...

Thanks, greetings

piruha's profile photo
piruha
05/08/2018 3:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Man in principle the glycosilada of the pharmacy is in blood I understand .... I would trust more, even if they say that Dexcom is very reliable, there will be differences like everyone else.After all, the measure in the interstitial liquid ....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/08/2018 3:18 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

There is a certain difference between the glycosilada that comes out in a blood test (laboratory) and the one given by the machines that you click on the finger they already have in most endocrine.I put an example of real data:
Blood analytics value: 5.4%
Capillary blood endocrine machine: 5.9%

Always the most reliable is that of blood analytics in the laboratory, the others usually give a little above.That was told the endocrine for a long time when they started using the machine they have there.
The Dexcom I do not know how to tell you how reliable it will be for this, in my case the Free last time estimated me 5.5 and I got 5.8 in the capillary machine (they did not make laboratory blood analysis).And again before I estimated me 5.4 and in laboratory analysis I was 5.5.A certain mistake is normal for there to be.In my case the first hours the Free usually gives a lot below the real value (it spends hours when I am in 80) and that lowers a tad of the stockings.This every 14 days because something influences the value that calculates me of hemoglobin.

But well if the pharmacy machine do it with hair blood, it may be that something goes over the value that would give you in some laboratory analysis just like the machines that the endocrine have in the consultation.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/08/2018 5:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Good, in my case I did analysis in my centered doctor and it has given me 6.1, I went to a pharmacy after a week and gave me 5.6 and 114 on average.I don't know which of the two is more reliable, I suppose that of my medical center, but I don't understand very well.
Thank you

Isabelino's profile photo
Isabelino
09/19/2024 11:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.