Tests to detect diabetes?

Josediabletes's profile photo   05/09/2018 7:27 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I wanted to ask you if there is evidence beyond the typical that they do in routine analysis to detect if diabetes are suffered.

I have been asking for proofs first because it is impossible for me to control the weight (fattening with breathing and I can't lose weight almost anything with an extractive diet and a lot of sport) but I also have all the rest of the symptoms of diabetes.

The general analyzes in principle do well, even so it is possible to suffer diabetes and that is not being detected?What other tests should I ask my doctor?

Thank you so much.

Josediabletes's profile photo
Josediabletes
05/09/2018 7:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When debuts as diabetic unlike fattening you lose weight a lot so that the weight can be for something else, not for diabetes.In routine analyzes, blood glucose comes out at that time, they would have to look at you the C.

What symptoms do you have?

All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/09/2018 9:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I don't think you have diabetes, I think they will have already done the appropriate tests.If you do not lose weight, I think you are doing something wrong with food and exercise.To lose weight I think you should put yourself in the hands of a professional if you have not done so.

All the best,

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/10/2018 10:26 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

nigiri said:
When debuts as diabetic unlike fattening you lose weight a lot so that the weight can be for something else, not by diabetes.In routine analyzes, blood glucose comes out at that time, they would have to look at you the C.

What symptoms do you have?

Greetings.

That of thinning, happens when you diagnose the diabetes that nobody chooses and that you have to go from your hand to where you get.From what he says I don't think he suffers.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/10/2018 12:48 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I think they would have to do an insulin analysis on an empty stomach to see if you have insulin resistance.Normally first resistance to insulin develops (which makes you fat) and then ends in type 2 diabetes. Although there are many more things that you can be fattening, it could be a thyroid problem or simply poor diet.If you have made very restrictive diets you will have a slow metabolism.
In your case I would ask for thyroid, insulin and glucose analysis on an empty stomach and the typical triglycerides and others.Find information about the Homa-Ir index that is a formula that is used to see your insulin sensitivity.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/10/2018 2:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Luvi" of course, of course, I mean type I diabetes

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/10/2018 3:58 p.m.

@"Josediablees" for what I see, you already raised this topYou would have dead and the second is that you do not look for symptoms on the Internet to self -diagnose any type of disease, if you have doubts or do not find yourself well, that they make you a complete check in your hospital and period.

Regarding the fattening, not only restricting sugar is thinned, there are countless foods that do not have sugar or are not sweet and are insane.If you want to lose weight healthily, do not go to an acupuncturer or make diets as restrictive as I have read in your thread 10 years ago because then it happens that if you jump it and as you say "I put I enjoyed Yayitas with honey, Filipinos and Chocolate Cereals"You are generating chaos in your quite serious body.I recommend that if you want to lose weight you go to a nutritionist and take it seriously.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/10/2018 4:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.