{'en': 'Kilian Meyer competes in Karting with diabetes, will it reach F1?', 'es': 'Kilian Meyer compite en Karting con diabetes, llegará a la F1?'} Image

Kilian Meyer competes in Karting with diabetes, will it reach F1?

fer's profile photo   05/10/2018 10:51 a.m.

Kilian Meyer, is 15 years old, is a kart driver and has type 1 diabetes for 3 years.His dream is to pilot in formula 1 as his idol Hamilton and ways do not lack how you can see in his presentation video.

He currently competes in the Spanish Kart Championship, in the European and World CIK-FIA Championship in the KZ2 category.He also participated in the WSK Super Master Series in the OK category.

In 2015 it was diagnosed with type I diabetes. This has not been an impediment for Kilian Meyer to continue competing in the most prestigious Karts competitions at national and international level.

Kilian Meyer lives today in Milan, where the headquarters of his team is located, the CRG.It has Don of people, speaks six languages ​​and in the Swiss school, in which he has studied to date and from which he has managed the exchange, has an average grade of 5.2 out of 6.

He dreams of reaching formula 1, but he is aware, as are his parents, that very few get it.That is why they insist that you need a plan b.If the thing goes wrong, Kilian would like to be an aeronautical engineer to invent a car brand.

He started running seven years in the Catalonia championship.He was one of the best ‘Rookies’.He is now in the queen karting ’category, known as OK, where he shares a grill with pilots much greater than him.He has achieved two seconds placed even though he is one of the little ones and the one who weighs the least, which forces him to load with 12 extra kilos under the seat to mark the 145 regulations.

agreement with quo health

In the last hours the sponsorship agreement between Kilian Meyer and the company Quo Health, who have an app for diabetes control called Gluquo, and who in turn share the commitment to give visibility to diabetes have been announced.In the next few days we will inform you of the details of the agreement.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2018 10:51 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

No, it will not pilot an F8 as an official pilot of a team, unless you put the pasta to buy the position, a very common thing.You can be as a tester pilot or 3 pilot for development and even roll in some free training of a Grand Prix.But being an official pilot I doubt that the FIA ​​supports it, much to have to fight, demonstrate and pass Robert Kubica test, after the accident making it official and without diabetes, as if to believe that this kid will be put in a tray.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/10/2018 12:29 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" I agree with you that it will have it more difficult for the rest of the pilots, but still, it is a case that I will like to follow and see how far it comes ... just by having diabetes I would not rule it out, it's more, it's more,Remember the case of Nacho del R. Madrid.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2018 1:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
@"luvi" I agree with you that it will have it more difficult than the rest of the pilots, but still, it is a case that I will like to continue and see how far it arrives... just having diabetes would not rule it out, moreover, remember the case of Nacho del R. Madrid.;)

Do not compare me a soccer player who hits a ball, a Formula 1 pilot, which takes a "weapon" at 300 km/h.It is not comparable.I do not say that the boy does not be worth it, nor is it trained and hopefully, but easy they will not put it, then and in the F1 there are hosts for the seats, where it does not matter so much your qualities but your pocket or what you can contribute economicallyTo the team.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/10/2018 1:20 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" Well, we agree on that! ... it will be interesting to continue its evolution, and to see how far it is able to arrive ... I hope that very high!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2018 1:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.