Slow insulin forgetfulness

RutthB's profile photo   05/12/2018 7:31 a.m.

Hello!Nice to pleasure, the truth is that I am quite nervous and I tell you because:
I put the slow insulin in the morning 14 units, and this morning my brain completely skip this.I had levels over 250 all day and I did not understand why, before dinner even exceed 300 and before sleeping it was when I noticed that I had completely lacking slow insulin and put my nerves.I miss less than 4 hours to be 6am and I can put the slow insulin of the next day.Something similar happened to someone at some point in life.I await your answers and write me a recommendation, I am really very nervous and anxious that I don't even want to sleep and I don't know anyone with type one diabetes to speak.Thank you

RutthB's profile photo
RutthB
05/12/2018 7:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"ruthb" I put the slow insulin at 18:00 and of course I forget but if I remember before bed I put it later.If you have spent about 4 or 5 hours you can put it without problem, the next day you put it something later and you are already blocking with the usual time.All the best.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/12/2018 8:43 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Forgetting to put on slow insulin is something quite important and serious;It has never happened to me, but it is also advisable to put the means to avoid this kind of thing.I now use a pump, but when I wore pen every day at 10.00 an alarm sounded on my mobile so that I would not forget.You should do the same so that it wouldn't happen again ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/12/2018 11:26 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

You have forgotten you, do not give you anymore.
It has never happened to me, but the most important thing is to take it peacefully.When you have noticed a few hours there were a few hours to put it again.If you use Tresiba, you can put twice as long as they have spent 8 hours.
It is best to put the alarm on your mobile so you will always remind you :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/12/2018 1:22 p.m.

It is important to have rapid insulin to quickly correct in ASS.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2018 2:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Almost better forget 1 day of putting it on to click twice especially if there are many units.Don't worry.
I have never forgotten but the option of the alarm on the phone is perfect.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/12/2018 4:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.