{'en': 'When to start with fast', 'es': 'Cuándo empezar con rápida'} Image

When to start with fast

Vicky Bu's profile photo   05/14/2018 9:07 p.m.

I carry with slow toujeo insulin, 6 units before bed, since January in which my diagnosis changed to type 1 lada diabetes, since I gave positive in gad antibodies.

I also take Sitagliptin in the morning, which seems that it helps preserve the pancreatic function I still have.In the terminology used in type 1 I am in "honeymoon", although that does not make my levels what is said predictable.

The fact is that I have great days in which my levels range between 90 and 140. But there are other days when I shoot at 200s after some food, in general after dinner.I wear a low diet in very routine carbohydrates.

As Mi A1C is 6.4 The endocrine does not see that it starts quickly.But when I have these climbs I feel fatal, tired, with a headache, thirst ... Wow, the typical.He says that he is part of the evolution of the disease.

I don't know if I must press the endocrine to start quickly, maybe to correct.

Because putting insulin before eating scares me a little because just like I have climbs, there are other days when at two hours of eating my low glucose from 140 before eating at 90 after eating and without fast.

And if not as something in the next hour I keep going down.And below 80 I already have hypoglycemia symptoms.

Let's go a mess.Can anyone give me their impression?

Thank you!

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/14/2018 9:07 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

My opinion Vicky Buff is that the better later.The incorporation of rapid insulin to our day to day is a fairly serious leap, which greatly disrupts the treatment and we lose a lot of life.I tell you this because the routine already becomes a continuous calculation of rations and units, injection places, type of snsulin, enfin, a series of variables that are really complicated by this.With the consequent "mental fatigue", the obsession with figures, enfin, is entered into a dynamic that enslaves you much more.
I have been "playing" with that insulin for almost 30 years, and I can tell you that sometimes I had the temptation to move from it and stay only with the intermediate, before, now the basal.
I think your endocrine is doing well, in this aspect.I could tell you so many things with the use of the rapid, but, it is enough that you take a look at the testimonies of the foreros to realize the ups and downs caused by its use in glycemia, and the problems it brings.
All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/15/2018 6:37 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thanks for the comment @"surprised".I understand that rapid insulin is another step and the complications involved in calculations and possible errors.
For me it is an important dilemma between continuing with basal and diet and ignoring sporadic increases after meals or trying better control.
This is a very long disease, as much as our life if someone does not remedy it, so you have to go little by little and with lead feet at each step.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/15/2018 10:36 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

It all depends on post control.If they begin to climb above 180, you have to quickly put.But you always go up.
If there are times that you are lower, you better expect.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/15/2018 11:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would try to endure without quick what I could because it complicates things.Of course, you have good controls.If they are isolated and not very frequent peaks and then it goes down I would not give much importance.If you spend more often talk to the endocrine and see if you can prescribe quickly to correct those peaks.But if you normally go well, I would not make myself quickly at meals, only the usant to corrected.As your body still produces quite a lot of hypos.For corrections you would also have to do it very carefully.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/16/2018 12:21 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am in your same case.Only that I started with 6 of Tougeo almost two months ago and I go for 8, and I think I will go to 10 this week
After breakfast and almost all dinners do not get off 250. On an empty stomach 115-120
I told the end of the rapid.
And he clearly told me that until it is needed ... he prefers not to give it to me.
That the slow is one thing, that the fogs of the slow get "well", but that the rapid is to play in the mushroom, that a mistake or a bad calculation and I can suck a scare of the fat people.
And that while I throw no more than 120 with a fast, he will try to call me like this.Although he thinks I have little left.

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
02/20/2019 11:41 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

The peaks are avoided with meals after meals.
A good treatment combines slow and fast in its fair measure.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2019 midnight

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.