When to start with fast

Vicky Bu's profile photo   05/14/2018 9:47 p.m.

I carry with slow toujeo insulin, 6 units before bed, since January in which my diagnosis changed to type 1 lada diabetes, since I gave positive in gad antibodies.I also take Sitagliptin in the morning, which seems that it helps preserve the pancreatic function I still have.In the terminology used in type 1 I am in "honeymoon", although that does not make my levels what is said predictable.
The fact is that I have great days in which my levels range between 90 and 140. But there are other days when I shoot at 200s after some food, in general after dinner.I wear a low diet in very routine carbohydrates.
As Mi A1C is 6.4 The endocrine does not see that it starts quickly.But when I have these climbs I feel fatal, tired, with a headache, thirst ... Wow, the typical.He says that he is part of the evolution of the disease.
I don't know if I must press the endocrine to start quickly, maybe to correct.Because putting insulin before eating scares me a little because just like I have climbs, there are other days when at two hours of eating my low glucose from 140 before eating at 90 after eating and without fast.And if not as something in the next hour I keep going down.And below 80 I already have hypoglycemia symptoms.
Let's go a mess.Can anyone give me their impression?

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/14/2018 9:47 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Hello @"vicky bu", you have to start observing that meals uploads the blood glucose and start putting a few units 1 or 2 at most and measure two hours later to see how those units have affected.And little by little and seeing how you are assimilating fast food and insulin.Come on, that's how I start with the fast, also with a little fear.Cheer up..

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/14/2018 10:39 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Thanks for the comment @"Polustiano".What happens is that my endocrine believes that while the climbs are sporadic I do not need to take quickly.
As for analyzing which meals they upload to me, I am in it.In general I see that carrying a diet with few hydrates, many vegetables and good protein contribution is doing well.
The bad thing is when two identical meals in two different days lead to totally different results.It is as if my pancreas chose to work a few days yes and others not.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/14/2018 11:24 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Well, nothing little by little, your endocrine is the best person to advise you and you who know you best, you will realize when you will have to get quickly.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/15/2018 7:24 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

It's just as I'm, I understand what he says but I'm waiting for the endocrine

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
06/12/2018 6:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.