Very high values.

Alba12's profile photo   05/17/2018 3:42 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am the mother of a 12 -year -old boy who debuted 3 months ago, from the beginning the child has gone well, with acceptable values, but we had a couple of weeks that he is very high especially at night and in the morning.
It puts the quick insulin half an hour before eating, and the slow at night, it is as if the slow one did not take effect, because the curious thing is that during the afternoon it has lower values, when the slow one is supposed to beending.The endocrine has told us that we go up the slow one and we are doing so but I do not see that it goes better, tomorrow I will ask the endocrine again, meanwhile;You think it can be a hormonal issue? Thank you very much in advance.

Alba12's profile photo
Alba12
05/17/2018 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know whether or not it will be hormonal, I understand you why it is desperate when things that you do not understand are happening but it is high at night, it looks like it is due to lack of slow insulin.My son was something similar, in the morning without meaning none hit a climb and in the afternoon he had to eat because he hit down.It is to try things until you find the key.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
05/18/2018 9:34 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Alba12" Does it return to normal values ​​at 2 hours after dinner, and then start up again and spend the high night?Or does it go with dinner and don't go down again in the morning?If it is this second case, then it seems that you would be missing quickly at dinner.If it is the other case, then it seems that it had slow digestions and it may be that the glucose of the dinner is released when there is no longer active insulin.

If only 3 months ago they have diagnosed it, be sure that the slow one will have to go up little by little.My son started with 7 units of slow and a year later is in 26. Anyway, before uploading the slow test to change the time.Instead at night, try to put it in food.I do not know how slow you have given you but sometimes the greatest action peak is not in the hours just after putting it but 12 or 13 hours later.

Another thing you can try is to give less carbohydrates at dinner.Remove some ration.It is not about being hungry, but you can replace some ration of hydrates with other foods that do not "add".

I hope you can improve values.It has happened to us all and is desperate.All the best.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
05/18/2018 10:23 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

The children begin to climb and you have to keep up, up the insulin.
Until they stop growing and stabilizes the pattern.
And they grow in jumps.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2018 4:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.