I introduce myself

rapha's profile photo   05/24/2017 12:34 p.m.

Hi Foros.
I just wanted to introduce myself, since it is the first time I spend here and I have registered in this portal.
I am 51 years old and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 4 years.
In my family there are many cases of diabetes both type 1 and type 2.I have to say that since childhood I am quite familiar with this disease since my poor mother suffered very complicated diabetes that in the end was the cause of ending her life.
Even living all my life with people with this disease I do not lose its respect since it is very treacherous and I have come to the conclusion that things have to be taken very seriously to try to lead a life as efficient as possible.That is why sometimes I think I obsess too much with this issue and I have been able to verify that each body is a world.
To count something positive, I have to say that since I was diagnosed with the disease I have started taking care of more.
I ceased to smoke radically, I have also reached back to the practice of sport, that I had very careless and although I have always considered that I have fed moderately well now I am more strict with food.
I do not have any problems in carrying a more or less rigid food regime, I have a lot of willpower.I think that my mother suffered from this disease was helping me and I acquired her eating habits. Apart from being very active at least until the age of forty and so many years that if I noticed a certain change in my daily discipline.Let's say that with age I relaxed a lot and becomes a little more Sibarita and Comodón.
So with the illusion of putting myself in form again is when I have realized the ballast of this disease.You want the practice of sport or not to always imply a degree of competition and it is precisely here where I have problems.I can't compete, I have to go to my march and I fuck me. But of course, I have to get the idea that they are more than 50 years.
For telling an anecdote in my last visit to the biomechanical (practical cycling) to adjust the bicycle to my body measures, I wonder: how do I adjust the bicycle, what are your challenges, do you want a more efficient pedaling?Do you have any competition in mind?To which I replied: my only objective is to try not to leave me behind those of forty years and not get dead in the end.So adjust to go as comfortable as possible that is enough.
I hope we share experiences
All the best

rapha's profile photo
rapha
05/24/2017 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning @"Rapha", welcome to the forum.With diabetes you will never achieve perfection, she is "very his."But following all the recommendations of the doctor we can avoid/delay all the complications that the disease derives.Success in your competitions.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/24/2017 12:52 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.