{'en': 'New in the forum and with doubts!MCG purchase, which is better?', 'es': 'Nuevo en el foro y con dudas! Compra de MCG, ¿cual es mejor?'} Image

New in the forum and with doubts!MCG purchase, which is better?

Pingu's profile photo   05/18/2018 10:43 a.m.

Hello chic@s

I have DM1 since 2000, I was affected by the famous 2000 effect of computers ... hahahaha.

I am getting the subject more or less good with good glys, the previous year I tried a freestyle and I really improved a lot, I already accepted that you have no alarms, that it is not totally precise, if you calculate the error margne really the data is quite precise, too, alsoI accept that the sensors unhook ... and that the price is a bloody, that is the most competitive in the market, today.I also accept that you have to call Abbot with his peculiar service.

Said all this I am considering seriously with an MCG that answers my needs:

1 little intrusive
2 aware price
3 impeccable service in case of necessity
4 usable and intuitive statistics management (in this section Freestyle is a cane¡¡¡¡)

It is an important decision, I do not know to what extent a laboratory is capable of offering interesting proposals for a patient/client who will spend very important money for a long time, surely none of them has thought of options for permanence to the system asIt usually does in mobile telephony, the device gave you but for x time you have to consume my consumables ... They are not ideas that work in other sectors.

The options I am considering are:

Freestyle
EANSENSE
Dexcom G5 or 6
Medtronic Guardian Real Time

I leave any other that should be considered?

Thank you very much for your help!

SLDS.

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
05/18/2018 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Answering your questions ...
1. None
2. Free, but in my expensive opinion for what it offers
3. I can't think
4. I suppose that everyone will have a PC software and that it will not be very disparate from each other.
As for permanence ???That is the mistake that healing is making, I personally prefer to be I who chooses that it is best for me and if something better is able to opt for it and not have to endure for having permanence, like that.In reference to the mention of mobile telephony .... What is unheard of is that with the mobile technology so advanced, that today there is not yet a smartwatch that reads glucose even if it is by means of an implanted or similar sensorIt is laughing.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/18/2018 4:35 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you very much for answering

What would you stay?

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
05/18/2018 4:44 p.m.

@Pingu, if you can choose (that is, pay the price), I would keep the Dexcom, if not, I think the best option is free freestyle.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/18/2018 5:06 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

pengu said:
thank you very much for answering

You, which would you stay?

None, but for a simple reason just as I do not carry a bomb and I do not like to carry something continuously nailed and have to be at all times remembering to be careful.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/18/2018 6:03 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@"Luvi" The latest Apple Watch model can directly read the glucose of the Dexcom G5 and G6 sensors without passing through the mobile and if I remember correctly I think that with the fitbit ionic also or were in it.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/18/2018 6:29 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"luvi"Fitbit ionic also or were in it .-

It is a collaboration, they will have implemented a chip as a compatible receiver through data software transmitted by the Dexcom transmitter, but it is still a tiny patch.The same could be done if Abbot develops or adapts the free application to Wear OS and a chip compatible with the free is dedicated.Fitbit is about working with Google to develop a smartwatch or bracelet that reads glucose, but for now they have not drawn anything.They could take more advantage of NFC technology apart from making mobile payments.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/18/2018 6:46 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Pingu, I stop using the Free because one was not right.Now I am with Nigthscout and the G5.I have 20 days (with the same sensor) and it is nailed, with alarms, statistics etc.I got budget but investigating a little and spending time I have got it cheaper than the free.
On Facebook you have Nigthscout Spain to inform you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2018 7 a.m.

Carlos71 said:
@pengu, I stop using it because one did not succeed one.Now I am with Nigthscout and the G5.I have 20 days (with the same sensor) and it is nailed, with alarms, statistics etc.I got budget but investigating a little and spending time I have got it cheaper than the free.

Good Carlos, who is Nigthscout?
On the other hand I carry the lybre a few years ago and I am considering changing the Dexcon by precision but first they told me that the patches last 5 days and apart are very expensive, and the truth does not know what to do, if you look at the information page of themHe does not finish convincing for what I comment I do not know that there is any other information
thank you

DiabetesForo
05/23/2018 10:49 a.m.

@Pingu, I carry the G5 with the application in the XDrip+ mobile that is not the official, and then I have the NIGTHSCOUT page for statistics.The emitter with a bit of bricolage can be reused.With all this you lengthen the life of the sensors and the emitter.You can even have glucose on a clock.All this is very long to explain and it is very well explained and will help you on Facebook on its page.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2018 2:48 p.m.

If you decide to ride it, I can guide you and help you in what I can

DiabetesForo
05/23/2018 2:52 p.m.

Carlos71 said:
@pengu, I stop using it because one did not succeed one.Now I am with Nigthscout and the G5.I have 20 days (with the same sensor) and it is nailed, with alarms, statistics etc.I got budget but investigating a little and spending time I have got it cheaper than the free.

Hello Carlos

Thank you so much

When you say: I got out of budget but investigating a little and spending time I have managed to get cheaper than the free.This really seems interesting that the G5 is really very well or the G6¡¡! When it comes out, if you can give some detail I will thank you greatly! If it is cheaper than the free then there is no color!

SLDS¡¡¡

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
05/23/2018 6:10 p.m.

I have sent you a private.Anyway to mount all this you have to devote some time to read and mount it.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2018 10:03 p.m.

Right now and for more than 10 years, Dexcom.

The free does not enter, it is not a continuous meter (it could be cheap, that not economical -for what it does, it seems terribly expensive if you have to pay it from your pocket -), you would have to convert it with some "apaños" to a continuous meter (that can be done).Without being MCG, he doesn't tell you about anything ... It is you who have to manage your diabetes, a continuous meter (Medtronic or Dexcom wakes you, warns you, etc.

Personally, do not half stay ... McG.It is a pity that Abbott "sold the motorcycle" with the free (marketing product only), when the Navigator had, which is the way to follow and what we need.

Greetings and it's my opinion.

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/01/2018 5:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
right now and for more than 10 years, dexcom.

The free does not enter, it is not a continuous meter (it could be cheap, that not economical -for what it does, it seems terribly expensive if you have to pay it from your pocket -), you would have to convert it with some "apaños" to a continuous meter (that can be done).Without being MCG, he doesn't tell you about anything ... It is you who have to manage your diabetes, a continuous meter (Medtronic or Dexcom wakes you, warns you, etc.

Personally, do not half stay ... McG.It is a pity that Abbott "sold the motorcycle" with the free (marketing product only), when the Navigator had, which is the way to follow and what we need.

Greetings and it's my opinion.

You are absolutely right, in my case at the moment with free when having 6% approx, I already respond to what I am looking for and I need, anyway I remain attentive to see if an apparatus appears that the consumables do not macate us theparticular economy.

Thank you

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
06/18/2018 5:11 p.m.

Well, if you use the freestyle with Miao or Blucon I assure you that it is the same as an MCG, with alarms and everything you want, both Miao and Blucon send you the glucose data to the mobile every 5 min like the Dexcom,You can calibrate and use with both Android and iOS.You call it Apaño as if it were something bad ..... also in an appliance stretch the dexcom sensors for a month, hey, welcome!Another thing is that Dexcom's MRD is something better, that's true.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/19/2018 11:41 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you very much, I will investigate that this of myo and the blucon¡¡¡¡Alarms and everything you want, both Miao and Blucon send you the glucose data to the mobile every 5 min and the Dexcom, you can calibrate and use with both Android and iOS.You call it Apaño as if it were something bad ..... also in an appliance stretch the dexcom sensors for a month, hey, welcome!Another thing is that Dexcom's MRD is something better, that's true.

Thank you very much, I will investigate that this from Miao and the Blucon¡¡¡¡¡

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
06/19/2018 2:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.